Favorite driving moments...

deftonesfan867

So what's some of your favorite driving moments?

Heres mine:

Driving down a country road after a rain shower

Driving down the highway/freeway after midnight

Taking a drive out to the country by myself

Taking a drive to the lake late at night w/ your partner and just talking

I love driving in the rain, in the early morning, through the city, fast on the highways, slow on the backroads...

But my absolute favorite is in the cool autumn twilight with the windows down after an evening out with my girl, driving her home with her head softly resting on my shoulders and her arms embracing mine.

Nothing could be nicer...

Driving ... anytime, anywhere ... but, especially on road trips :).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"What I really need is an open road" ... Montgomery Gentry ... 'Speed'

Driving during a light rain with the heat on low

or when a storm is rolling in

or when a great song is on the radio

or doing extra-legal speeds on an empty, open highway

and just admiring the sounds of your engine in various situations

There are several, but the best are:

- driving by myself in a boulevard type cruiser in an autumn forest when colors are changing (could be Quebec, the aspens in the Sierra Nevada, the mountains of Georgia/North Carolina north of Atlanta) and enjoying the quiet

- driving along the two-lane coastal road on the Florida Panhandle in the early evening when the crowds are thinning

- driving with friends or relatives to SF and listening to music en route, making fun of everything and anything we see

- driving on the Las Vegas strip at night in bumper to bumper traffic with the AC on and listening to the radio

- driving the Big Sur Highway (1) or Santa Barbara coastal route (101) in light fog

- driving into Montreal from the Rive Sud (South Shore) on any of numerous bridges listening to jazz

- driving in foreign countries (well, except Canada) stresses me out, so that is excluded

Edited by trinacriabob

"on a crystal morning I can hear the dewdrops falling

down from gleaming heaven I can hear the voices call"

Heading out on a road trip in the very early morning (a time of day I usually hate)

with the cool morning air and early sunshine under a perfect blue sky.

The right song playing

And an unmatched sense of freedom as you hit the road.

The final moments of a glorious high speed pursuit, when you're running low on gas, or on places to go, with the red and blue lights flashing magnificently in your mirrors as you turn left, turn right and weave through traffic trying to get away from the cops and be free with your marijuana.

The dream I just had, where I was test-driving a 1st gen. Camaro!  It felt so real... sucked sooo bad when the alarm clock went off.

I had a dream that my parents were saving me a 35th Anniversary SS Camaro for the day I graduated.. but that didn't happen haha.

I love hearing a V8 growl and tire somke. But at the same time I love going down curvy back roads with it damp out and the windows rolled down with some nice music on the radio!