Caliber photochop and survey

thedriver

I like Allpar. Good site. Am I the only one who doesn't find Mercedes desireable?

The other day I found myself drooling at the sight of a black

CLK320. What a cool car, I'd prefer the CLK500 for its V8

but in any case a 2006 Hardtop anything is awsome in an

era of thick ugly B-pillars on everything including 2dr cars

that are supposed to be luxurious or sporty. Plus that huge

rear window seems almost too big to slide all the way down

into the rear quarter without hitting the rear wheel well.

I hope at some point in my life hardtops are so abundant

again I will not need to buy a used CLK500 to take care of

my alergy to B-pillars ....I'm thinking the 5th Gen. Camaro

will take care of that, still the CLK500 is HHHHHH-awt!

Um. I meant 'desireable' in 'wanting.' I don't want a Mercedes because everyone W.A.C. has one. Its meaningless anymore when you're sitting at an intersection and there's a C-Class next to you, a C-Class behind you, an E-Class across the street from you, and another C-Class making a turn in front of you.

Good luck getting those windows fixed when they screw up somehow. Like None Other.

Good luck getting those windows fixed when they screw up somehow. Like None Other.

It's not rocket science Fly... pull door/side panel off and

there's access to replace or fix the regulator/motor. I

mean that's like me telling you "good luck getting your

baby-No* motor's starter replaced", you do know where

it's located right? Talk about inaccesible. :P

Speaking of Mercedes, Hardtops & resurecting Plymouth:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...184&hl=plymouth

For the survey... I said Bring Plymouth back, Chrysler. Stop adverstising the "great" German stuff that's being stuck into you.

For the survey... I said Bring Plymouth back, Chrysler. Stop adverstising the "great" German stuff that's being stuck into you.

160436[/snapback]

What was so great about the Breeze? and all the other boring Plymouths [stripped Dodges] from 1975 to 2002? The 'great' Hemi Cudas had not been built since 1971. Some think they made only muscle cars in old days, but most were plain cars and wagons. Also, 1990's Plymouth badged cars certainly were not worth alot, [the Prowler was just a toy]. :hissyfit:

And it's been nearly a decade, 8 years, since DCX was formed, isn't it a bit late now? I'm sure some cried years after Walter Chrysler bought Dodge, but time to get over it.

Where were all these people when sales were needed?

What was so great about the Breeze? and all the other boring Plymouths [stripped Dodges] from 1975 to 2002? The 'great' Hemi Cudas had not been built since 1971. Some think they made only muscle cars in old days, but most were plain cars and wagons. Also, 1990's Plymouth badged cars certainly were not worth alot, [the Prowler was just a toy].  :hissyfit:

And it's been nearly a decade, 8 years, since DCX was formed, isn't it a bit late now? I'm sure some cried years after Walter Chrysler bought Dodge, but time to get over it.

Where were all these people when sales were needed?

166096[/snapback]

The PT was meant to be a Plymouth.

Stuttgart made the ultimate decision in pulling the plug in my opinion.

That's why with the latest PT (facelifted) went through a "de-Plymouthization".

Is it too late to bring back Oldsmobile after four years? five? or ten? I'm sure there would be buyers.

Some people have a thing called brand loyalty.

And, finally, let's not forget the point of some of these "stripped" cars... to get first time (or new to company) buyers that can then move up in the company.

Like smart to Mercedes-Benz.

Or Chevrolet to Pontiac to Olds to Buick to Cadillac.

Chrysler needs a value priced entry brand to create better brand distinction and attract thrifty buyers.

Posted Image

Would you like some pancakes with that?

OK the idea of a "starter brand" that gets people to move up in incremental steps with other brands within the company is largely a myth. Let me ask you (collectively) this:

Who here started out with a Saturn/Chevrolet, movved up to Pontiac, continued onto Oldsmobile, then Buick, and then to Cadillac? Has ANYONE here been a good little diciple and done this?

Doubt it, but it's a decent idea, concieved in hope.

Not my fault I can't control what people do yet.

Some people would like good, simple transportation without all the fluff and gimmicks.

And, you don't want to know what the first image of "Aunt Gemima" was when the Yahoo!'s search images were displayed. Ugh!

OK the idea of a "starter brand" that gets people to move up in incremental steps with other brands within the company is largely a myth.  Let me ask you (collectively) this:

Who here started out with a Saturn/Chevrolet, movved up to Pontiac, continued onto Oldsmobile, then Buick, and then to Cadillac?  Has ANYONE here been a good little diciple and done this?

167042[/snapback]

Sorry, I have to do this to humour myself...

Collectively??

How many of you are there?!?!

OK the idea of a "starter brand" that gets people to move up in incremental steps with other brands within the company is largely a myth.  Let me ask you (collectively) this:

Who here started out with a Saturn/Chevrolet, movved up to Pontiac, continued onto Oldsmobile, then Buick, and then to Cadillac?  Has ANYONE here been a good little diciple and done this?

167042[/snapback]

One day. Still on Chevy right now. :rolleyes:

Probably would skip Buick though. :lol:

Let's see, for me, because I am young (and due to budget) my arrangement (all used) would be:

Buick > Chrysler > Chevrolet > Plymouth

What's next?

Who knows...

• 3 weeks later...

nope.  but i do like some of them.

160433[/snapback]

I like Mercedes, but prefer BMW for the more sporty nature and the availability of a manual transmission in several models...likewise, I prefer Infiniti over Lexus..

While there are some other factors involved, my dad's first car was a '63 Falcon and now he drives Lincolns and Mercurys...

::shrugs::

This concept is the only reason why Scion exists, btw. Except the Scions are pretty well-equipped for their price, though some of the exterior styling leaves something to be desired.

I'm a Chevy-Buick man-if at Mopar, Dodge and Chrysler-I agree, Plymouth should've been killed earlier than it was-Breeze was embarassingly cheap looking and feeling, even less redeeming (and forgettable) than Stratus and Cirrus were/are. The only Mercedes-Benz I find desirable at all is that gorgeous CLS-otherwise, I'd wait for proper Cadillac versions-if I ever got/desired to go that far, that is. All Caliber needs now is to ditch a couple colors (Marine Blue being one of them-small, sporty cars shouldn't have boring colors), and fix somwe of the styling.