Just for BV

Flybrian

I think there should be a random & misc. thread for all

the $h! we post saying: 'check it out BV' or something

to that extent. :globe:

I'm indifferent. Mother mother, aunt and grandmother were all married 3 or 4 times in their lifetimes. Both my sisters are divorced.

IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU GUYS, WHY SHOULD IT WORK FOR US??????

I think society is moving towards marriage contracts, similar to leasing a car. Marry him/her for 10 years. If you still feel the same way, then renew it.

Religion be damned. The bible/Qu'aran/Torah/whatever never forsaw people living to an AVERAGE of 80 years old when those books were written.

That is TWO life times. They also never forsaw the amount of leisure time and entertainment available to us in these times.

Let's face it, if you worked 16 hour days in a field while the wife was at home raising 8 kids without benefit of Betty Crocker or the microwave, both parties were too tired to fool around or bang some chick in Vegas.

Bush can do what he wants. In 10 years it will happen whether Christians like it or not.

I'm indifferent.  Mother mother, aunt and grandmother were all married 3 or 4 times in their lifetimes.  Both my sisters are divorced.

IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU GUYS, WHY SHOULD IT WORK FOR US??????

I think society is moving towards marriage contracts, similar to leasing a car.  Marry him/her for 10 years.  If you still feel the same way, then renew it.

Religion be damned.  The bible/Qu'aran/Torah/whatever never forsaw people living to an AVERAGE of 80 years old when those books were written.

That is TWO life times.  They also never forsaw the amount of leisure time and entertainment available to us in these times.

Let's face it, if you worked 16 hour days in a field while the wife was at home raising 8 kids without benefit of Betty Crocker or the microwave, both parties were too tired to fool around or bang some chick in Vegas.

Bush can do what he wants.  In 10 years it will happen whether Christians like it or not.

My Torontonian friend:

I am not sure what I think of this. I guess I don't think about it.

I am only responding to your indifference toward any kind of marriage institution falling apart. I think it's kind of sad when this occurs. And I speak mostly for kids. I don't think that many kids come through a divorce unscathed. My parents are "old world European" and would have never dreamed of divorcing. Still, they were not the best parents - they really fell short in this department and would have probably been better parents on their own turf rather than in the U.S. However, I will have to say that I liked knowing I had a Mom and Dad that stayed together.

The whole problem is that people ought to view their spouse as their "best friend." With so many people marrying to get out of the house, "don't know if a better offer will come along" or for "gold digging" purposes, it's no wonder many marriages fall apart.

I think that trying to keep marriages together is a good thing and that all the trendy poly-whatever crap just isn't cool. Just my opinion.