C&G survey

Camino LS6

What's your pleasure?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What's your pleasure?

• Base car w/ V6
    • uplevel w/ V6 (could be as much as 300HP)
    • Z28
    • SS
    • none: I wouldn't buy a Camaro no matter the trim/equiptment

The secret to the original Z/28s success was a track ready motor

in a street legal car. A lot of old School car guys hated the Z/28

for it's high RMP horsepower & lack of torque. It was oversquare

and reved like a Ferrari.

327 block with a 283 crank = 4.9 liters. It was perfect for the 5.0

liter limitation by Trans Am officials.

So that being said I want a modern Z/28. Make it a 5.3 block w/

a hyper-oversquare stroke and make it both rev to like 8000 but

at the same time give it some low-rpm torque... to quote a

cheesy car movie "this will decimate all!"

Plus with DOD and the smaller disp. a true Z/28 would be a great

daily driver with a 6-speed manual. :wub:

The secret to the original Z/28s success was a track ready motor

in a street legal car. A lot of old School car guys hated the Z/28

for it's high RMP horsepower & lack of torque. It was oversquare

and reved like a Ferrari.

327 block with a 283 crank = 4.9 liters. It was perfect for the 5.0

liter limitation by Trans Am officials.

So that being said I want a modern Z/28. Make it a 5.3 block w/

a hyper-oversquare stroke and make it both rev to like 8000 but

at the same time give it some low-rpm torque... to quote a

cheesy car movie "this will decimate all!"

Plus with DOD and the smaller disp. a true Z/28 would be a great

daily driver with a 6-speed manual. :wub:

My dad has one of those 302s sitting in Chevy truck right now. It might find it's way into his 63 Nova conv with a corvette 6 speed.

Because of my income and age, and likelihood of my parents will not put in any money, chances are I'd end up with the midline, non-V8... :fcvxplode:

If it looks like that'll happen, I may have to go back to my dreams of owning a C4 'vette... :blink:

Almost forgot: make mine a hardtop... if the production version

is a 2dr sedan I'll be buying a Challenger or whatever hardtop

is offered, GTO maybe...

I wonder if a true RS with hideaway headlights will become a reality?

Well.... I have a vert already, I will definately hold out for the LS7 or equivilent version.... figures it won't be in a vert, and likely won't be in an SS, so I imagine it will be an offering in a Z28 which would not be available immediately, or at least that seems to be the prevailing opinion......

Posted Image

Ah this just goes to show you why market research survey are so foolish.

The individuals filling the survey as an aggragate always over promises and under delivers when real cash is at stake.

Base car w/ V6 [ 1 ] [2.08%]

uplevel w/ V6 (could be as much as 300HP) [ 4 ] [8.33%]

Z28 [ 19 ] [39.58%]

SS [ 15 ] [31.25%]

none: I wouldn't buy a Camaro no matter the trim/equiptment [ 9 ] [18.75%]

Here is the way I interpret these results:

5 people that might consider the Camaro.

24 people are more than likely full of it, or if a few do actually buy the vehicle will end up with the V6. And maybe 1 V8.

9 people who will not buy the car.

Edited by evok

Ah this just goes to show you why market research survey are so foolish.

The individuals filling the survey as an aggragate always over promises and under delivers when real cash is at stake.

Base car w/ V6 [ 1 ]  [2.08%]

uplevel w/ V6 (could be as much as 300HP) [ 4 ]  [8.33%]

Z28 [ 19 ]  [39.58%]

SS [ 15 ]  [31.25%]

none: I wouldn't buy a Camaro no matter the trim/equiptment [ 9 ]  [18.75%]

24 people are more than likely full of it, or if a few do actually buy the vehicle will end up with the V6.  And maybe 1 V8.

bout the way I would've guessed that you would see it. :lol:

Who would you pick as the 1 V8 buyer?

I gave you intentionally the benefit of the doubt.

:lol:

I can say with certainty that if I do buy a new Camaro that it will be the top performing v8 model. That's just what I do. I may not be the best bet however, since other Zeta/Zeta lite cars could potentially sway my purchase decision. Conversely,no v6 car stands a chance of darkening the doorway of my garage.

24 people are more than likely full of it, or if a few do actually buy the vehicle will end up with the V6.  And maybe 1 V8.

He's right. I put down I would buy a Z28. But in reality, there's only a 2 percent chance I would buy a Camaro. There is a 25 percent chance I would buy a Zeta Impala when I am ready to buy a car. But I am pessimistic about future fuel prices and expect that my next car will be far more fuel efficient than my current car, and none of the Zetas will be very fuel efficient.

As for what I'd WANT, it's be a Super Sport Camaro all the way!

As for wha tI'll be able to afford, it'll probably be a Z28....and I won't complain once.

Anything's better than a damned dirty Mustang, which will be lagging behind both of them....!! :thumbsup:

Tammy and I plan on getting a Z/28, preferably a convertible when they become available.

Considering we have had 9 Camaros (oh and no mullets) and currently still own 3 of them I'd say we have a pretty decent chance of sticking to our plans.

Mr. Dart: if GM makes the Camaro a muscle car only, it just might fail. The car needs many variations like the original first-gen if it is to be an all-around success. A V6 Camaro with manual transmission would be a genuinely fun car, without the rumble or the fuel and insurance expense.

I voted "none". Sportscars are just not for me. The only sports cars I would ever consider would be luxury sportscars, and that's only if I had money to burn. I'm a sedan man, through and true.

Well, it's 34. And, if only one, I'm going to be the person to buy a V8 Camaro: an SS.

Well hopefully youre not a market analyst, because youre wrong on at least one count, I will definately be buying a "new" camaro.... I am just torn between buying another vert (my 35th LE is my 3rd forth gen vert) or holding out for the rumored 500+ hp offering which if the chassis is designed in the same fashion as a ZO6, the new vert wont be offered with the "big" engine....

Posted Image

Welcome to the Forum Heartless, always nice to

have another Camaro/RWD/Muscle Car/V8 fan

here, although the cool thing about C&G is how

eclectic the members are.

I just sold my "Sixty8Panther" 1968 Camaro on

ebay and acquired a 1964 Oldsmobile Super 88

since a drag car with $hitty brakes is not the

best car to take my 2.5 year old daughter to car

shows, ice cream & what not.

Just thought I'd include that in the welcome since

you seem to be a pretty serious Camaro guy

what with your 35th Ann. SS ragtop & all.. unless

you're a first time poster & long time lurker and

you already know that. :P

Edited by Sixty8panther

Yes.. Welcome, Heartless! 35th Anniversaries are like my dream car. Well, one of 'em. :P

Welcome to the Forum Heartless, always nice to

have another Camaro/RWD/Muscle Car/V8 fan

here, although the cool thing about C&G is how

eclectic the members are.

I just sold my "Sixty8Panther" 1968 Camaro on

ebay and acquired a 1964 Oldsmobile Super 88

since a drag car with $hitty brakes is not the

best car to take my 2.5 year old daughter to car

shows, ice cream & what not.

Just thought I'd include that in the welcome since

you seem to be a pretty serious Camaro guy

what with your 35th Ann. SS ragtop & all.. unless

you're a first time poster & long time lurker and

you already know that. :P

Well thank you for the welcome, and yes I am a Camaro fanatic and love musclecars.... and yes, I am most definately a long time lurker at Cheers and Gears, this is the only site where the members know wtf they are talking about (on a consistent basis) and is the source for current factual 5th Gen Camaro news.. I am quite active in a northern california club and message board, Nor-Cal LS1 .... http://www.norcal-ls1.com/forum/ and I would say am the official gatherer of Camaro news to post on our board from Cheers & Gears. So I do appreciate the welcome and enjoy the site, keep up the good work .... and for the record NOS2006, that 35th LE is my dream too..... is nothing more that I enjoy driving that car around and scaring off the hondas and wannabe musclecar mustangs......

Posted Image

Well hopefully youre not a market analyst, because youre wrong on at least one count, I will definately be buying a "new" camaro.... I am just torn between buying another vert (my 35th LE is my 3rd forth gen vert) or holding out for the rumored 500+ hp offering which if the chassis is designed in the same fashion as a ZO6, the new vert wont be offered with the "big" engine....

Posted Image

History has shown that most polls for market research are full of bad data. People say a lot when they are playing in theoretical money.

I would also keep in mind that it was that lack of Camaro enthusiast that killed the car in 2003.

If that were not the case - we would not be awaiting the Return of the Camaro.

History has shown that most polls for market research are full of bad data.  People say a lot when they are playing in theoretical money.

I would also keep in mind that it was that lack of Camaro enthusiast that killed the car in 2003.

If that were not the case - we would not be awaiting the Return of the Camaro.

You know, it's a funny thing. Being very active in the Camaro community, I think I can speak with some bit of authority on this subject. The Camaro is gone....but the Camaro community is still there. Let me repeat.....the Camaro community - even without a car - is still there. Imagine that.

Regarding the 4th gen, I'm surprised it did as well as it did. It's platform was essentially 20 years old when it was discontinued. It's styling was considered stale by most (if not all), years before that. It was as long as an SUV, with 50% of it's length composed of it's front and rear overhangs. It's interior looked like a Playskool reject. Essentially, it was a motor in a box.

And yet....the Camaro community's (both inside and outside GM) fervor for a car remains undiminished. Just imagine the energy if we could actually get a great car.

BTW, I'm planning on a Z/28.

Edited by Chazman

this car from the way it looks now has the potential to be the go to car.

by that anyone who is looking at a sporty kind of car. maybe the z's or even some mustangs, or the eclipses...maybe even a few civics.

it is thouroghly modern looking, has a good look to it, doesnt really conjure up the images of the 3rd generation that is so frequently seen of worlds wildest police videos or old reruns of cops.

maybe people will default to this ride if the quaity, price, and look can all gel.

and as far as polls go, with imaginary money its almost pointless. you can get an idea but its almost like asking someone what theyd do if they were president for a day. or if you ever play poker or bet with fake money. not quite the same, it becomes a very different game when theres nothing at stake. at least thats what they tell me.

But know as well as I that enthusiasts will not and can not support and make a viable Camaro program alone, it has to move into the mainstream.

Enthusiasts give themselves too much credit.

Well, I'd rather have the enthusiasts than not have them. But I agree with your point, enthusiasts alone will not make the Camaro succeed.

But I suspect that the things that would give it broader appeal - high quality, gorgeous proportions, well executed interior, fantastic road feel, etc., will also make it more attractive to enthusiasts as well.

Enthusiasts are a useful and high visibility tool for a new car. I betcha Toyota would kill for the spectacle of getting 250 enthusiasts, (only 250 because that's all there was room for), on their own time and their own expense...to all meet in the dead of winter, in Detroit for the unveiling of a Camry concept. :AH-HA_wink:

Enthusiasts are a useful and high visibility tool for a new car. I betcha Toyota would kill for the spectacle of getting 250 enthusiasts, (only 250 because that's all there was room for), on their own time and their own expense...to all meet in the dead of winter, in Detroit for the unveiling of a Camry concept.  :AH-HA_wink:

Oh Toyota has it even better. They get 400k real people, spending real money a year on Camrys. Consistenly - year - after year - after year!

Now that is enthusiasm and loyalty for a brand.

GM could only wish they had real enthusiasm for any of their brands like that.

Edited by evok