Sweet CTS Sport I detailed at work

Northstar

On Wedensday a new CTS Sport (2007) came in, and I spent a good two hours getting her all ready to be put out on the lot. It looked sweet when I got done with it, and I have the pics to prove it :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In other news, I got to drive a new Tahoe to the gas station along with an SRX V6, CTS (not this one) which was a lot of fun, SRX V8 (loaner car), some other loaner cars that aren't worth mentioning, HHR, and just about an hour ago, an SSR! The SSR was definetly the coolest of the bunch, people were just staring at it the whole time.

The new grill looks awsoem, it would be even better

if it was the chrome one, but I'm assuming the sport

comes only in body color, right?

as nice as those wheels are (imagine nice wheels on a GM car....) I would think it would look much better with the same simple 5/6 spoke deals like on the Volvo S60R.....

Posted Image

and i love the body color grille.....for awhile I began to like chrome againand now after having too much chrome again i want no chrome.....just like that CtS SPORT!

Edited by regfootball

i SO dig the fender proportions of the front CTS fenders and also the really small overhang. I love that look. the 'wheels to the edge'. about perfect. Not extreme like a MINI. And so different for GM, all GM's FWD cars have MASSIVE draconian era overhangs.

SIGH. well, when the new cts comes out, why not rebadge the current one with a pontiac badge and front and rear ends and sell it? LOL......

Edited by regfootball

I normally don't like multi-spokes, but for some reason they work well here. They remind me of what's on the STS-V and XLR-V somewhat, though I'd pick the CTS-V rims over these.

For some reason I don't think 5-spokes go that well with the A&S theme.

SIGH.  well, when the new cts comes out, why not rebadge the current one with a pontiac badge and front and rear ends and sell it?  LOL......

Hell... why not? According to CarsDirect, a base CTS costs $25,972. Decontent it and cheapen/simplify some of the parts, and you'd have a nice, affordable RWD sports sedan.

What makes Zeta so much cheaper than Sigma anyway? Front suspension?

Hell... why not? According to CarsDirect, a base CTS costs $25,972. Decontent it and cheapen/simplify some of the parts, and you'd have a nice, affordable RWD sports sedan.

What makes Zeta so much cheaper than Sigma anyway? Front suspension?

Zeta is basically a cheapened Simga, meaning the use of steel and other less-costly (and heavier) materials rather than aluminum and other more-costly and lighter materials.

A base CTS is like $30k, that $25972 is probably if you get it at the dealer's cost.

Zeta is basically a cheapened Simga, meaning the use of steel and other less-costly (and heavier) materials rather than aluminum and other more-costly and lighter materials.

A base CTS is like $30k, that $25972 is probably if you get it at the dealer's cost.

If that's it, makes you wonder what took so long.

On Wedensday a new CTS Sport (2007) came in, and I spent a good two hours getting her all ready to be put out on the lot. It looked sweet when I got done with it, and I have the pics to prove it  :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Northie, I just stumbled upon your post......and the timing is PERFECT...!

I just finally decided to get an '07 CTS Sport just like the car in your pictures! The order will probably go in tomorrow or this weekend at the latest....at Allen Cadillac in Laguna Niguel. I ordered.....

'07 CTS 3.6L Sport

Black Raven

Ebony Interior

6-Speed MANUAL transmission

18-Inch Wheel Sport Appearance Pkg/Wheel Performance Pkg

Luxury Package

XM Satellite Radio Delete option

Split-Folding Rear Seat

Infotainment System w/Bose stereo and 6-disc changer

Power Sunroof

MSRP: $40,115 ('06 pricing)

I was strongly considering a 5-Series but decided since I'm starting a new job with a new start-up company, I'd be a bit more realistic in what I spend for a new car. The CTS will be about $250 less per month in lease payment.

I thought strongly about a 3-Series....but the CTS is a bit bigger....and to be frank, as AWESOME of a driving car the 3-Series is, they are a dime-a-frickin'-dozen here in Orange County. While CTSs sell pretty good here, you don't see nearly as many of them....and definitely not too many Sports (probably 'cause it's relatively expensive for a V6 CTS)....and the CTS is a bit more of a "unique" choice out here...as everyone seems to want a 3-Series, C-Class, or A4. Those cars are almost the new "Secretary's" car. (The Bimmer and Audi are still awesome cars though....)

SO....one of GM's biggest critics on here will have two GM products in his driveway! (granted probably two of GM's best-executed products.)

I almost ordered Diamond White.....but after seeing Northie's post, I changed my mind back to black. It just looks so TOUGH.

Let the bitching begin!

j/k glad to hear it. I'm sure it'll look simply awesome next to the C6.

:lol:

The only bitching you'll hear from me is the cheap interior.....

I actually LOVE the actual look, styling, and layout of the interior but the hard plastic on the center console and around the lower part of the dash is the same hollow, brittle hard plastic you find in something like a Cobalt.....and the door panels seem cheap to me....not upscale.

However, I don't mind the softer, "dot-matrix" pattern on the upper dash. That is at least distinctive and unique.

Also, when you order the luxury package which includes the power lumbar seats, the switches and switch panel on the side of the seat containing the power lumbar switches looks really cheesy and tacked-on.

Other than that, I think it's a fabulous car (which I've always said in my rants.)

The only bitching you'll hear from me is the cheap interior.....

I actually LOVE the actual look, styling, and layout of the interior but the hard plastic on the center console and around the lower part of the dash is the same hollow, brittle hard plastic you find in something like a Cobalt.....and the door panels seem cheap to me....not upscale.

However, I don't mind the softer, "dot-matrix" pattern on the upper dash.  That is at least distinctive and unique.

Also, when you order the luxury package which includes the power lumbar seats, the switches and switch panel on the side of the seat containing the power lumbar switches looks really cheesy and tacked-on.

Other than that, I think it's a fabulous car (which I've always said in my rants.)

Congrats on the car man! Cant wait to hear about it!

Speaking of interior plastics....where you the guy that said you scraped yourself on the HHR's interior?

I've got to say, it happened to me too, we were at a car clinic, and they had an HHR there for showing, I sat, it aws very very nice, interior looked great, but the plastics where yuck. On the way out I hit my knee on the dash and scraped it, I started laughing my ass off because I remembered reading that somewhere here..

sorry if I hijacked a thread :lol:

excellent choice. i am officially jealous.

Northie, I just stumbled upon your post......and the timing is PERFECT...!

I just finally decided to get an '07 CTS Sport just like the car in your pictures!  The order will probably go in tomorrow or this weekend at the latest....at Allen Cadillac in Laguna Niguel.  I ordered.....

'07 CTS 3.6L Sport

Black Raven

Ebony Interior

6-Speed MANUAL transmission

18-Inch Wheel Sport Appearance Pkg/Wheel Performance Pkg

Luxury Package

XM Satellite Radio Delete option

Split-Folding Rear Seat

Infotainment System w/Bose stereo and 6-disc changer

Power Sunroof

MSRP:  $40,115 ('06 pricing)

I was strongly considering a 5-Series but decided since I'm starting a new job with a new start-up company, I'd be a bit more realistic in what I spend for a new car.  The CTS will be about $250 less per month in lease payment.

I thought strongly about a 3-Series....but the CTS is a bit bigger....and to be frank, as AWESOME of a driving car the 3-Series is, they are a dime-a-frickin'-dozen here in Orange County.  While CTSs sell pretty good here, you don't see nearly as many of them....and definitely not too many Sports (probably 'cause it's relatively expensive for a V6 CTS)....and the CTS is a bit more of a "unique" choice out here...as everyone seems to want a 3-Series, C-Class, or A4.  Those cars are almost the new "Secretary's" car.  (The Bimmer and Audi are still awesome cars though....)

SO....one of GM's biggest critics on here will have two GM products in his driveway!  (granted probably two of GM's best-executed products.)

I almost ordered Diamond White.....but after seeing Northie's post, I changed my mind back to black.  It just looks so TOUGH.

Edited by regfootball

Oh man, it looks better in Diamond White IMO. :P Seriously though.

Does it.....?

Have you seen the new Sport package (18-inch wheels) in Diamond White?

I can't, for the life of me, find one out here on dealers' lots with BOTH the new Sport package AND Diamond white.....! In fact, the new Sport package in general is tough to find.....

excellent choice.  i am officially jealous.

Thanks man....I'm excited too. And also excited that there was another GM car that I could really look forward to getting into....

It was a long, hard, self-fought debate on what to get.

It needed to be four doors, somewhat "upscale" as I'll be taking clients and such at times, and (the tough one) I HAD to have a manual transmission.

I also wanted somewhat decent fuel economy (hence no V8s like the CTS-v) because my round trip commute to the office is 55 miles a day.

The G35 fell off early because I've never really gotten excited about that car.

The IS is too "rice-rocket" to me....and I don't like that "image." Not to be raciest (cause I'm not) but here in SoCal, it seems like the new little Lexus is the next "big thing" for all the young asian guys. Plus, it's slightly underpowered in 2.5L/6-speed manual form.

TL seems to me like just a nicer Accord. I actually really like the styling of the TL....but I can't see myself actually owning one.

Audi A4 was another alternative.....but reminds me too much of a nicer VW.

BMW was the absolute closest competitor....and I almost went with it. But in the end, I'll enjoy having something a bit more "unique" than the seemingly-everywhere 3-series.

I can just hear it now in my head.......

"Cadillac......Cadillac......Cadillac STYLE...." :lol:

Does it.....?

Have you seen the new Sport package (18-inch wheels) in Diamond White?

I can't, for the life of me, find one out here on dealers' lots with BOTH the new Sport package AND Diamond white.....!  In fact, the new Sport package in general is tough to find.....

Yeah, it's the only Sport package CTS I've seen on the road, in fact. haha Looks VERY fresh. Then again, I'm in love with that color..

What you need now is a nice white Passat 3.6 with Low Ego Emissions.

http://www.vw.com/passat/photos_vids.html

"Mirror, Mirror" and "Honk" are hilarious. :lol:

The Passat I have now is one more than anyone really needs.

My current fleet = '03 Avalanche, '04 CTS, '01 Passat

Ahh that's nice.

I was just assuming V-series because of the V in your picture-thingy at the bottom of your posts.

How has it been for you? 

What's your fuel economy been like?

8)

Fuel economy is exactly what it says on the sticker 18/27.

Most of my driving is city driving so I normally get 18.X mpg... if I'm gentle, 20.

Highway driving returns a reliable 26.x - 27mpg at 65-70 with the A/C on.

I've had one problem, a flakey sunroof dial that was repaired under warrenty.

My stock tires gave me about 15,000 before they were trash... and I'm very careful about rotating them.

I always use mobile1 on my oil changes and I follow the Oil Life monitor guidelines with the exception of the first oil change which I did at 50%.

My only complaint is the heated seats only have two setting, 3rd degree and tepid. The newer models have 3 settings from what I understand, so that may not be a problem for you.

Hope this helps.

Fuel economy is exactly what it says on the sticker 18/27.

Most of my driving is city driving so I normally get 18.X mpg... if I'm gentle, 20.

Highway driving returns a reliable 26.x - 27mpg at 65-70 with the A/C on.

I've had one problem, a flakey sunroof dial that was repaired under warrenty.

My stock tires gave me about 15,000 before they were trash... and I'm very careful about rotating them.

I always use mobile1 on my oil changes and I follow the Oil Life monitor guidelines with the exception of the first oil change which I did at 50%.

My only complaint is the heated seats only have two setting, 3rd degree and tepid.  The newer models have 3 settings from what I understand, so that may not be a problem for you.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info!

Interestingly enough, the 6-speed has the same EPA estimates as the auto.....I would have thought that the numbers would be slightly better....like maybe one or two more mpg's on the highway....

Oh well.....I should do pretty good on mileage. My commute to my office is 28.5 miles but it's up and over the 241 tollroad in O.C. which is good because I won't have to deal with rush-hour, stop-and-go traffic. The tollroad is like "set-the-cruise-at-80-and-go."

I hope the heated seats ARE hot when turned on. My Corvette's seats are the first GM car I've been in with HOT heated seats like what many imports do. I like that. I hate to have a heated seat option only to have the temp come in at lukewarm. The Mazda6 was like this and I HATED it.

There's only two things I'm not excited about with the car......the foot-operated parking brake.....and the wood trim on the center stack. The real wood on the steering wheel, shifter, and door handles looks GREAT...but the fake wood on the center stack looks fake and doesn't match the graining of the real wood.

I'm excited!

Funny thing happened at the dealer......

I put in the order today and wrote the deposit check.....

When the dealer took my order, he looked at me like I was a freak for ordering a 6-speed MANUAL CTS.....

He said that he's NEVER seen a manual CTS (except the V-series) before and couldn't believe I wanted one. He was actually cool about it....just shocked.

I told him that he wouldn't be selling the CTS if it DIDN'T offer the manual. Otherwise I'd be getting a BMW.

I think Caddy dealers are missing a (albeit small) opportunity by not at least stocking one, maybe two CTS manuals with the 18-inch package. Advertise the hell out of it as a sporting, domestic alternative to the German sport sedans. Even if people come in and actually buy an automatic, at least maybe you'd drive some more traffic on CTS.

Especially because it seems the V-series is in pretty strong demand and don't sit on the lots long when the dealer actually gets one. With gas prices going up, you could advertise the CTS Sport as basically a V-series with a more economical, yet still strong, V6.

:thumbsup: