G5 IN SHOWROOMS SOON!!!!!!!

GEESIXER

I AM SURE THAT I WILL BE DRILLED FOR SAYING THIS. BUT I THINK THE NEW G5 DOES HAVE SOME APPEAL TO IT. I THINK IT WILL BE CHEAP ENOUGH AND SPORTY ENOUGH TO ACTRACT THE YOUNG CROWD. FROM A DEALER STAND POINT, I KNOW WE NEED SOMETHING IN THE PRICE RANGE OF 13K - 19K.

WE DID JUST RECEIVE THE PREDELIVERY INSPECTION PAYMENT, WHICH MEANS WE SHOULD HAVE IT WITHIN A MONTH. I WILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO SAY THAT I AM EXCITED TO SEE IT. :ohyeah:

I AM SURE THAT I WILL BE DRILLED FOR SAYING THIS.  BUT I THINK THE NEW G5 DOES HAVE SOME APPEAL TO IT.  I THINK IT WILL BE CHEAP ENOUGH AND SPORTY ENOUGH TO ACTRACT THE YOUNG CROWD.  FROM A DEALER STAND POINT, I KNOW WE NEED SOMETHING IN THE PRICE RANGE OF 13K - 19K.

WE DID JUST RECEIVE THE PREDELIVERY INSPECTION PAYMENT,  WHICH MEANS WE SHOULD HAVE IT WITHIN A MONTH.    I WILL BE THE FIRST ONE TO SAY THAT I AM EXCITED TO SEE IT. :ohyeah:

No, I think that you're right to be excited. Good luck with it.

Well, Pontiac's #1 market is Chicago, and Sunfires had a following. It shoud do well here, [lots of Torrents around] but not sure where else.

However, more Buick, GMC, and 'Poncho' dealers are merging here too. Maybe they can call it the 'GMC G5'??

Edited by Chicagoland

Take away those cool round tail lights and stick on a twin port

grille and a great instant Pontiac you have NOT. <_<

The G5 is more of a rebadge than the 1994 Sunbird my

mother owned in the mid 90s & I had for a first car.

The sooner this vehicle gets phased out for poor sales*crossing my fingers*, the better.

Then it's RWD & Rear-biased-AWD only for Pontiac... I hope.

I agree on how much profit but also how much profit with out stealing sales from another GM line like the Cobalt.

Will this car bring in conquest sales or will GM just spin it's wheels and steal sales from it's self?

This car is nothing but a band aid to retain volume at Pontiac. I just hope what they have planned in a few years is going to make it worth the wait.

The G5 will be like the Cobalt a good car and better than the one before it, but still not the great car Pontiac needs and different enough to set them apart.

The G 5 will be just another fancy Chevy.

The sooner this vehicle gets phased out for poor sales*crossing my fingers*, the better.

WAY TO HOPE FOR THE BEST. IN MY OPINION ATTITUDES LIKE THAT ARE THE BIGGEST OBSTACLES FOR GM TO OVER COME. I WILL TELL YOU THAT GM ACTUALLY DOES HOVE DECENT CARS AND TRUCK ON THE ROAD. GM IS NOT GOING TO STOP AND DO A COMPLETE 180 TURN-AROUND ON A DIME BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE SOMETHING THEY DID. THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME IN ONE FOWL SWOOP. BUT I THINK THAT BY THE NEXT FEW CAR DESIGNS WE WILL SEE WHAT THEY REALLY HAVE IN STORE FOR PONTIAC. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THE G5 WAS IN THE MAKING BEFORE THEY REALLY FELL IN THE WHOLE. THEY WILL RIDE THIS PONY OUT AND THE START FRESH WITH THE NEW IDEAS. JUST BE PATIENT YOUNG PADEWAN!!!!!!

"THIS AINT THEIR FIRST RODEO"

WAY TO HOPE FOR THE BEST.  IN MY OPINION ATTITUDES LIKE THAT ARE THE BIGGEST OBSTACLES FOR GM TO OVER COME.  I WILL TELL YOU THAT GM ACTUALLY DOES HOVE DECENT CARS AND TRUCK ON THE ROAD.  GM IS NOT GOING TO STOP AND DO A COMPLETE 180 TURN-AROUND ON A DIME BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE SOMETHING THEY DID.  THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT COME IN ONE FOWL SWOOP.  BUT I THINK THAT BY THE NEXT FEW CAR DESIGNS WE WILL SEE WHAT THEY REALLY HAVE IN STORE FOR PONTIAC.  YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THE G5 WAS IN THE MAKING BEFORE THEY REALLY FELL IN THE WHOLE.  THEY WILL RIDE THIS PONY OUT AND THE START FRESH WITH THE NEW IDEAS.  JUST BE PATIENT YOUNG PADEWAN!!!!!!   

"THIS AINT THEIR FIRST RODEO"

On what are you basing your faith??

They've been feeding us the same BS since they held 40+% of the market. The G5 is exactly what GM doesn't need right now....Pontiac dealers might need it, but for GM its just evidence of the SOS...

They could have at least come up with a new bumper so that they don't have that crappy looking grille insert.

It also angers me that the interior is IDENTICAL, minus an arrowhead instead of a bowtie and red IC backlight instead of... hmm, I think it's white in mine, actually.

On what are you basing your faith??

They've been feeding us the same BS since they held 40+% of the market. The G5 is exactly what GM doesn't need right now....Pontiac dealers might need it, but for GM its just evidence of the SOS...

YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT. GM CANT JUST STOP WHAT THEY HAVE PLANNED TO HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. WHETHER WE AGREE WITH IT OR NOT THEY HAVE TO FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED. THEY JUST NOW HAVE STARTED TO MAKE PLANS TO FIX IT ALL. YOU WILL SEE THE ACTUAL AFFECT IN A FEW YEARS.

THEY HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED.

AND IF YOU HAD ANY IDEA OF WHAT FAITH REALLY WAS THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SEE TO BELIEVE. I BELIEVE THAT IF GM CAN HANG IN THERE AND NOT KILL OF ANY BRANDS THEN THEY WILL REGAIN A STRONG HOLD IN THE MARKET, DOWN THE ROAD. SEEING IS NOT BELIEVING, BELIEVING IS SEEING.

YOU WOULD DO GOOD TO REMEMBER THAT. :AH-HA_wink:

I SEE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS FORUM IS SAYING WHEN THE COMPLAIN ABOUT WHERE GM WAS HEADED. KEY WORD BEING WAS. IT TAKES TIME TO TURN A GLOBAL COMPANY BACK IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. IT IS NOT OVER NIGHT. WETHER THE G5 IS WELL DESIGNED OR NOT, YOU WILL SEE A TON OF THEM ON THE ROAD BECAUSE OF THE CHEAP PRICE TAG. TOYOTA DID NOT MAKE VERY GOOD LOOKING CARS WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT. THEY WERE BUTT UGLY IN MY OPINION. BUT THEY WERE BUILT WITH QUALITY AND IT WORKED FOR THEM. AND IT WILL WORK FOR GM!

BTW, GM HAS INTRODUCED A NEW WARRANTY WITH THE G5. IT WILL BE A 3YR-36K BUMPER TO BUMPER AND A NEW EXPERIMENTAL 5YR-50K POWERTRAIN WARRANTY TO BACK UP THE NEW HIGHER QUALITY GM PRODUCTS.

I tend to think the majority of people considering the G5 don't give a crap that it's a rebadge. Some people would prefer it just because it's got an arrowhead on it instead of a bowtie; but, would everyone in the market consider the Cobalt even if there wasn't a G5? I don't think anyone really loses sleep over a decision like, "Hmm, Cobalt's wonky round rear lights or G5's conventional rear lights...Cobalt or G5...Cobalt or G5."

It doesn't really matter. An additional name for those stuck to Pontiac is possibly an additional sale for GM, period.

YOU ARE MISSING MY POINT.  GM CANT JUST STOP WHAT THEY HAVE PLANNED TO HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.  WHETHER WE AGREE WITH IT OR NOT THEY HAVE TO FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED.  THEY JUST NOW HAVE STARTED TO MAKE PLANS TO FIX IT ALL.  YOU WILL SEE THE ACTUAL AFFECT IN A FEW YEARS.

THEY HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO FINISH WHAT THEY STARTED. 

AND IF YOU HAD ANY IDEA OF WHAT FAITH REALLY WAS THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SEE TO BELIEVE.  I BELIEVE THAT IF GM CAN HANG IN THERE AND NOT KILL OF ANY BRANDS THEN THEY WILL REGAIN A STRONG HOLD IN THE MARKET, DOWN THE ROAD.  SEEING IS NOT BELIEVING, BELIEVING IS SEEING.

YOU WOULD DO GOOD TO REMEMBER THAT.  :AH-HA_wink:

I SEE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS FORUM IS SAYING WHEN THE COMPLAIN ABOUT WHERE GM WAS HEADED. KEY WORD BEING WAS.  IT TAKES TIME TO TURN A GLOBAL COMPANY BACK IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.  IT IS NOT OVER NIGHT.  WETHER THE G5 IS WELL DESIGNED OR NOT, YOU WILL SEE A TON OF THEM ON THE ROAD BECAUSE OF THE CHEAP PRICE TAG.  TOYOTA DID NOT MAKE VERY GOOD LOOKING CARS WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT.  THEY WERE BUTT UGLY IN MY OPINION.  BUT THEY WERE BUILT WITH QUALITY AND IT WORKED FOR THEM.  AND IT WILL WORK FOR GM!

BTW, GM HAS INTRODUCED A NEW WARRANTY WITH THE G5.  IT WILL BE A 3YR-36K BUMPER TO BUMPER AND A NEW EXPERIMENTAL 5YR-50K POWERTRAIN WARRANTY TO BACK UP THE NEW HIGHER QUALITY GM PRODUCTS.

The timing regarding the 'turnaround' plan (as it is generously called...its really just an attrition program, but I digress) started years ago under LUTZ.....this means somebody changed their minds regarding the placement of THIS product (G5), after the Pontiac dealer body screamed bloody murder...

Your faith is admirable, your reasoning is flawed. This was a step backwards decision that GM has consistently shown when trying to 'get things right.'

We were promised NO badge jobs. 2 Pontiacs in the last year have proven that promise false...

If the image of GM is going to change, a line in the sand must be drawn...Pontiac, as a full line brand, does not exist anymore...its going to be P-B-GMC from now on (supposedly).

I would have sooner wanted them to bring in a europe only car like the Tigra Twin Top....an arrowhead would have fit in the center of that grill as well....and the hardtop 2 seater would have been an interesting counterpoint to the Solstice & G6 'vert currently on the 'Excitement division''s showroom floors.

I tend to think the majority of people considering the G5 don't give a crap that it's a rebadge.  Some people would prefer it just because it's got an arrowhead on it instead of a bowtie; but, would everyone in the market consider the Cobalt even if there wasn't a G5?  I don't think anyone really loses sleep over a decision like, "Hmm, Cobalt's wonky round rear lights or G5's conventional rear lights...Cobalt or G5...Cobalt or G5."

It doesn't really matter.  An additional name for those stuck to Pontiac is possibly an additional sale for GM, period.

the problem will be that people will go to a Chevy dealer and ay.. how much for the Cobalt.. and they say X

and then they will go to the Pontiac dealer and way how much they sa Y .. and then they say.. I can get the Cobalt for X .. go lower...

This will not add any sales to Gm ..just Pontiac dealers... and will add no profit.

the biggest news about FOrd's fusion was not that it sold.. but that as of May, almost half of the buyers traded in NON-FORD vehicle... almost half were new Ford customers.. and that is what realyl counted ...

Igor

Edited by Igor2

It's already in Ft. Wayne!

I tell you... it may be a great car, but to think of how a blatant rebadge this is is truly disgusting.

And yet... we'll probably see these things everywhere.

Gee, if dealerships influenced GM enough to do this car (and it's in all truth) then think of the possibilities for something else, something better.

Edited by MyerShift

its just that the sound of childrens laughter cuts through me like a dentists drill

Please take the fries off my head kid, the basket is incredibly hot.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw the new G5 at COURTESY Pontiac in Lex.  it looks good!!!!!!!!

should have one at Adams in Richmond next week,  wahoo!!!!!! :ohyeah:

172609[/snapback]

They sell very well here, as Pontiac is more popular here than Chevy. They look very good on the street.

Posted Image

All this car does is placate whining Pontiac dealers.

It does not do anything to improve GM's standing in the compact marketplace that additional Cobalt production and/or sales couldn't take care of.....

It's not like the G5 has any distinguishing features to make it a tempting alternative to a Cobalt....hence the true problem with "badge engineering."

Rebadging is also about perceived image. Some consumers perceive that Pontiac has a more suitable image for them. They may find that Chevy does not do it for them and they just might go to a non-GM dealership instead.

Posted ImageIt would be great if it were completely different than the Chevy, but I'd rather it existed then not and I would choose it over the Chevy.

Edited by HarleyEarl

I think it is better looking than the Cobalt.

This car is only here to create cash flow for the dealers and give then a low line profit car. Also the added sales will help fill out more plant production as the sales of the Cobalt settle.

This was not a car they want to spend too much time and money on as they are working on what we will have 5 years from now. I would rather see the money they save now on this spent on a new car then just tarting up this car more just to say they did not badge engineer it. Beside no matter what they did many would still call it badged engineered.

This is a case less more later.