Area GM: Secret Plant In Mexico?

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

Secret Plant In Mexico Could Become GM's Area 51

From News Max.com:

"We Heard … that General Motors has four plants in Mexico, but has secretly been building a fifth plant there. The global auto giant – facing enormous health and retirement costs in the U.S. – has been diversifying its manufacturing globally for years. Why the stealth plant? GM execs don't want to upset the UAW which recently cooperated with GM in a buyout plan for employees. Some 25,000 are said to have taken GM's early retirement plan. Meanwhile, Ford announced it is significantly upgrading its operations in its three Mexican plants."

Link to Article

And they should keep building factories out of the country so the UAW knows that GM is serious about staying competitive and will do anything necessary to keep costs down and bring in some much needed capital. Ford seems to have the right idea too but they were way to public about it.

I see it as a good thing. Maybe less people will come to AZ illegally if they have places to work in Mexico.  :)

Glass always half full, huh? :P

they obviously dont know about all the underground plants scattered from alamogordo to saskatchewan.

Run... the guys in black suits and sunglasses are after you right as I type...

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

... and the dance they'll be doing is to the Stealers' "Stuck In The Middle With You"

:P

yes. yes, run like the dickens because even if they say its not them, it is. and you can always tell because they have no legs and there is always the faint smell of cheetos. but its supposed to be secret so dont say a anything.

jeez, ya wonder why people dont tell these reporter types anything. they just go and broadcast it.

ok so gm is building a new plant. good for them. kinda heard to miss something the size of 20 football fields being built, but it must be a secret.

f*ck cars anyway. i want a f*ckin submarine. sh!t if gm were building a factory undersea it would be more interesting than these here expose.

Secret Plant In Mexico Could Become GM's Area 51

From News Max.com:

"We Heard … that General Motors has four plants in Mexico, but has secretly been building a fifth plant there. The global auto giant – facing enormous health and retirement costs in the U.S. – has been diversifying its manufacturing globally for years. Why the stealth plant? GM execs don't want to upset the UAW which recently cooperated with GM in a buyout plan for employees. Some 25,000 are said to have taken GM's early retirement plan. Meanwhile, Ford announced it is significantly upgrading its operations in its three Mexican plants."

Link to Article

Could keep as many as 3000 Mexicans right where they're living now.

I would like to point out that the thread was about an hour and change old at the time, so...

I thought they would have been all over it. Even so, it's now more than 24 hours since the thread was started.

I do like Caddy's outlook, though.

Maybe they are talking about the plant in San Luis Potosi which is not a secret.... and is the only one in construction, BTW a local newspaper stated that the Ramos Arizpe plat will be producing the Cadillac BRX and Saab 9-4, this was a week ago and this newspaper is a very important one with very good sources so this is true.

Meaning where is FOG et al to complain about such a travesty.

Umm.... Okay.... Why would I complain about WISE business decisions??

I highly doubt this has much merit.

But you all know my OPINION. As far as I'm concerned GM should just completely uproot and moove somewhere outside of this country. The more manufacturing outsourcing the better (for the business that is) As for americans, and my pride as being an american.... Well, our MAJORITY sold that out a long time ago when they started signing suicide free trade agreements and buying cheap ass imported products and proclaiming them better.

What's fair is fair IMO.

On a side note, Michael Chertoff is an idiot.

I don't use e-mail," Chertoff said.

"You just get deluged with a lot of garbage."

And we wonder why FEMA is whacked.

On a side note, Michael Chertoff is an idiot.

And we wonder why FEMA is whacked.

Based on the crap that I get in my e-mail, I wouldn't even want to think about what he gets. Sticking to the telephone, which works just as well as e-mail speed-wise and has even more benefits than e-mail, is fine with me.

Baloney. Email is to the point and very effective. A lot less chit chat where time is wasted.

Spam is another issue that can be resolved with technology.

I stand by my original statment.

Based on the crap that I get in my e-mail, I wouldn't even want to think about what he gets.  Sticking to the telephone, which works just as well as e-mail speed-wise and has even more benefits than e-mail, is fine with me.

According to Thomas Friedman, GM is secretely building a nuclear bomb, with which destroy the NY Times building in NYC and Friedman along with... As well as most of New York City. The work for the bomb has been outsourced to cheap Mexican labor, adding insult to injury for the American worker.

Baloney. Email is to the point and very effective. A lot less chit chat where time is wasted.

Spam is another issue that can be resolved with technology.

I stand by my original statment.

E-mail might be to the point but it is not as effective as talking to someone. What you write can easily be taken out of context since things like sarcasm are not transmitted through typed word. People are much better picking up verbal cues. Also, e-mail cannot be confirmed. Someone can easily get out of situation by saying, "I never received the e-mail." E-mail is also dependent on the amount of Internet traffic and ISP service. You may not receive an e-mail from any between a few minutes to a few days from the time it was originally sent. Plus, when important matters need to be dealt with quickly, there will not be much chit chatting going on.

Still, face-to-face communication is the best. :AH-HA_wink:

E-mail might be to the point but it is not as effective as talking to someone.  What you write can easily be taken out of context since things like sarcasm are not transmitted through typed word.  People are much better picking up verbal cues.  Also, e-mail cannot be confirmed.  Someone can easily get out of situation by saying, "I never received the e-mail."  E-mail is also dependent on the amount of Internet traffic and ISP service.  You may not receive an e-mail from any between a few minutes to a few days from the time it was originally sent.  Plus, when important matters need to be dealt with quickly, there will not be much chit chatting going on.

Still, face-to-face communication is the best.  :AH-HA_wink:

Both phone/face-to-face and e-mail have strong advantages over the other. With e-mail, you can think out and type & edit your message, and you can get a higher volume of communication. You also can send/receive messages without having to directly reach the person.

With verbal communication, it's easy to not state things correctly (not that you can't misstate things in e-mail, but you can read what you wrote and see if it makes sense, and think it through). Still, verbal communication does have voice inflection, and if in person, body language.

Both have advantages, and I would agree that it's a disadvantage for someone to completely dismiss an avenue of communication.

Ditto. Well put.

Kinda like how these guys were unaware of what was going on in New Orleans until 24 hours after the crisis commenced. Seems like you'd want to ADD avenues of communications if you found yourself in this kind of mess.

Both phone/face-to-face and e-mail have strong advantages over the other.  With e-mail, you can think out and type & edit your message, and you can get a higher volume of communication.  You also can send/receive messages without having to directly reach the person. 

With verbal communication, it's easy to not state things correctly (not that you can't misstate things in e-mail, but you can read what you wrote and see if it makes sense, and think it through).  Still, verbal communication does have voice inflection, and if in person, body language.

Both have advantages, and I would agree that it's a disadvantage for someone to completely dismiss an avenue of communication.

I thought they would have been all over it.  Even so, it's now more than 24 hours since the thread was started.

I do like Caddy's outlook, though.

I remember our union rants we had a while back, as much as I hate to say it, if this is what GM has to do to survive, then be it! Ironic enough, the extra money saved in mexico may keep workers working in Michigan!