A day At the Tech Center

capriceman

Well I went to the Tech Center wensday and took some pics with my nbew camera but i messed up the settings and it wont take pics anymore GOD I HATE TECHNOLOGY!!!!

I dont have much time right now but will complete the thread later so i will post some "Suspense Pictures"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

more later.....

Well I went to the Tech Center wensday and took some pics with my nbew camera but i messed up the settings and it wont take pics anymore GOD I HATE TECHNOLOGY!!!!

I dont have much time right now but will complete the thread later so i will post some "Suspense Pictures"

Posted Image

more later.....

????????????????

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

some more clues or suspense...... God photobucket is slow tonight takes 5minutes to load 1 pic and if i do the 19 thing it sits idle for a hour.

Also to the Spy's dont be so obvious, Checking oil sure.... Whats the tripod for? huh? I caught you!

Posted Image

Posted Image

more...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok its not Exciting!! Nor should I have let a 16 year old relative take some of those pictures! Since it didnt have a clue how to use the Camera.

Heres the Deal It was the Annual GM Employee Car Show but since it was raining there was a low turnout. So not many Classics there. But there will be more pics later.

Edited by capriceman

Beautiful side-by-side comparison shot of the second-gen Corvair and the SS Concept. That's true Chevrolet essence right there. Very cool. Can you tell us more about the Corvair? I saw one like that today in the Target parking lot, a maroon coupe with silver cove, black interior with a 4 speed. It was a honey.

Fantastic photos... except for the platic-clad MG & 4dr ThunderTurd.

I never liked those Thunderbirds with Suicide doors.

A sports car with 4 doors & landau bars? WTFF? *

the extra F is for Fford.*

the extra f in Ford is a typo. :wink:

BTW: when was the '99 Nomad repainted black?

You were there earlier than me since The top was down on the LeSabre. And that Solstice sounded awesome i got there when it was leaving.

I have more pics im going to Post one more Car tho and its a Olds VistaCruiser

Edited by capriceman

Thats funny you should Ask Ted sinc I was just about to post one!

I can't believe that Green pontiac Concept was from 89'!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also why is there Red fog rolling out of this chemical building at the Tech Center? :huh::scratchchin:

I'll never forget first learning about the 1989 Pontiac Stinger concept vehicle back when it was introduced. This was a year after the famed '88 Pontiac Banshee was shown. While I loved the Banshee and swore if produced I'd buy it one day (hey, I was 13 at the time!), I so wanted the Stinger even more. Rumors around '89/'90 was that Pontiac was going to bring the Stinger to production as their "GEO Tracker". It never happened and then the '93 Salsa concept was shown. Around '94 or '95 the Salsa received a production Firebird interior to help push it along for greenlighting, but GM still said "NO". I saw the '94/'95 version in the late '90s when GM used to display all kinds of vehicles in the lobby of the NY 5th Avenue GM Building. Seeing that Stinger again took me back to being 14 y-o and still wanting it!!!

No its just rain drops on it. Hell did they chorme plate back then? I think they just just solid chunks of chrome since god knows its limited today. But the car is looking rough in person and it is one of those cars that makes you think how cars got so bland after this. Its beautiful in person!!

It needs a paint Refreah and needs the Upolstery cleaned or refurbished. Technicly you could have probably opened the door and sit in it (no one watching over it) Since I leaned in it to check all the gauges out . But yeah i swiped my hand on the fin. But Its one of those Cars that you just stare at it in "aww".

Edited by capriceman

I thought the SS concept was a sedan? I'm not seeing cutlines for rear doors on that one...

It's not a sedan. Seriously it's NOT.

It's a 4 door hardtop. A-pillar -- galss -- rubber weatherstrip -- glass -- B-pillar. :wub:

Posted Image

As far as the LeSabre concept/showcar what makes it even more amazing is

that the car was daily driven to work & home by Harley Earl for a few years.

He slepped on manufacturer's plates and drove it like a Chevy rental car.

Edited by Sixty8panther

I remember seeing the LeSabre concept car at the Philly Auto Show back around 2003 or 2004. The paint looked dull and cracked in some areas, and the leather was worn but not torn or ripped. What do you expect of car that age? I'm just glad that it has survived and is still being shown. If GM spends the $$$ to restore it, say goodbye b/c it will never be taken around and shown like that again.

Wow, Capriceman ... SWEET pictures!

Sure wish I coulda been with you for that trip...he heh.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I wonder if it's too late" ... Nickelback ... 'Photograph'

mostlikely some rich guy that works in the Performance divison a stole a Red "R" from Honda so he can be praised by the rice burners.