Any truth?

Chevyguy2001

the G5 will more than likely have a GXP version with the 2.0L turbocharged ecotec.. im not sure if the cobalt SS will switch to this engine though.. if so they need to make the supercharged 2.0L avalible on the cobalt sedan.. im visiting GM Lordstown next week for a car show/tour.. so ill find out some information.. since i used to work there..

SC for Chevy & turbos for Pontiac maybe?

I'd loev to see a turbo on the Cobalt versus

a SC, turbos are much cooler IMO.

keep in mind that the turbo'd 2.0L on the Solstice is set up for RWD.  They would have to reconfigure it for FWD for a Cobalt/G5.  Doable, but not a direct swap-in.

Remember however that the HHR is getting a turbo and it shares it's platform with the Cobalt and G5. I think they should put the SC in the sedans and TC in the coupes.

I'd look for it in the redesigned 2008 Cobalt.

hope they make a platform that will support both fwd and rwd...

give chevy cobalt and hhr as fwd and give pontiac G5/G5 hatchback as a rwd platform...

would be an awesome idea... and if they thought it through in the begining it could make a great marketing stratagy...

because the rwd can demand a price of 3-4k more just because (IMHO)

The Cobalt will get refreshed for 2008.. it wont be a whole new car.. the only thing that will probably change for 08 is maybe a new grille, revised front and rear facias, and a upgraded interior.. and the Cobalt sedan may get round tailights like the coupe.. we wont see an entirely new Cobalt until the 2011 model year..