'07 Sebring UNVEILED

Bimmer325

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest YellowJacket894

Looks better without the side molding. Real better.

Posted Image

(Forgive my Photoshopping skills.)

Maybe we can get Chrysler to make the car without it, just like we did with the Navigator and that chrome moustache above it's grille.

The car's starting to look better to me, it's just the headlights that offend me. They're just too wide to be that swept back, imo. At least Chrysler put some inspiration into this Sebring's design...even if it does still look like a Crossfire sedan...

Here's what I did with my less-than-mad photoshop skills:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/pharoah/nostrakes.jpg

I like it better with no rub strip on the side, but taking away the strakes makes it look bland.

I'm one of the dissenting voices here. I like it a lot. It's highly distinctive without being too over the top like the 300. Last year the Sebring sold 90.321 units and this redesign should easily top that number once production gets into full swing.

The interior design is very good. There just needs to be a few more colors inside to bring some life to it.

This and the upcoming Nitro make me think Chrysler is the domestic automaker to watch. Sorry, Saturn.

Here's what I did with my less-than-mad photoshop skills:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/pharoah/nostrakes.jpg

I like it better with no rub strip on the side, but taking away the strakes makes it look bland.

It does look more bland without the strakes but the absence of the rub strip is welcome. Nice job.

Stylewise, this is the worst design I have seen on a car since the Saturn ION.

The execution and cohesiveness of this design is similar to that of the ION...it looks thrown together and panels are poorly algned. Stance is terrible. I could break it down bit by bit, but in summary it looks like the designers were given unholy dimensions to work with, and then they tried to apply a design theme on the vehicle that doesn't even come close to working.

What's really unfortunate is that Chrysler has extremely talented designers and a brilliant design theme...and this car continues the downward trend of poorly executing the company's terrific ideas.

The interior is a nice design, clean, slab, and offers some nifty features. However, from the looks of it as well as recent DCX trends, that is 100% cheap plastic covering the interior.

Chrysler has also been very behind in updating its powertrains with something competitive. The 2.7L V6 from the 2000 redesign remains the same, save for some torque adjustments. The 3.5L continues to be weak, as its practically the same engine from the 300M. With a top power rating of +/- 235 hp, this car enters a tough segment with an inherent competitive advantage.

To capture the hearts and minds of consumers, American sedans can't just meet the competition, they have to beat it in every category - and then some...that's the hole the US industry has dug itself into. With a weak powertrain, sloppy styling, and a cheap interior, this car does not even come close to meeting the competition, and is quite a ways from beating it. Grade: F

Edited by red

Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's liek the blended the worst of the worst of the past 5 years.

It uses all the worst styling elements of the Crossfire, Camry,

SAAB 9\5, Corolla, KIA & Caliber. Absolutely horrible.

I bet if this was a "2007 Pontiac Grand Am", most of C&G would "love it".

Anyway, it is nice and good they kept a car name for once. It looks like a Chrysler, not a Hyundai or Suzuki.

No they wouldn't the C pillar is all messed up the way the door cuts it apart. The interior is nice but the c pillar and oversized headlights look pretty poorly done, especially after some of the spy photos we have seen of the Avenger. I was expecting a lot better. Also why only 232 hp? My 97 MC has 215 and it is almost 10 years old.

Anyway, it is nice and good they kept a car name for once. It looks like a Chrysler, not a Hyundai or Suzuki.

Didn't you see the thread on the new Silverado? Didn't see too many here liking it. If this was the "2007 Pontiac Grand Am", I assure you that many people, including myself, would be screaming for Pontiac to be phased out and for Bob Lutz to retire. Since it's not, we don't have to worry about anything. Bob Lutz was the best thing GM has seen in a long time. He's bringing style back one car at a time and it's working. Chrysler shouldn't have let him go but I'm glad that they did.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Thankfully... Hyundai and Suzuki wouldn't want to be associated with this thing.

You obviously missed how well the G6 was received here at C&G... name, exterior, interior, powertrain, etc... All were ridiculed. :rolleyes:

Why only 232HP?  $3.00 + gallon gasoline

So do like EVERYONE else does and have a good 160-200 hp 4 cylinder out for gas savings and offer some real power for those who want to pay for it. It is called options man and it is what makes this country great.

WRONG.

Why does the 3.5L V6 get detuned from the 250 HP in the LX cars to the 232 HP in the Sebring? I would have thought Chrysler would want to at least match the Duratec 35 going into Ford's CD3 cars.

What's really unfortunate is that Chrysler has extremely talented designers and a brilliant design theme...

Do they? It's becoming less and less clear lately.

Compass, Caliber, Aspen, Durango, Commander, and now this?

Looks to me like DCX's design rennaissance has come to a steaming halt.

When do we get to see the Avenger?

LAIAS or NAIAS.

Or sooner if you can help it, right? :scratchchin:

This Sebring is...well..not that great. Its almost like Mercedes designers had their way with it.

I HATE those headlights and grille. The proportions are downright dopey towards the tailend of the car.

:cussing::thumbsdown:

Interior is ok, but if you have touched and pulled on the interior of a Caliber, then... :unsure: Dunno if this is gonna be much better.

I admit that i have only read a couple of posts but it seems that the GM fans have overwhelmingly trashed the new Sebring. I think I saw a few positive comments however. I guess thats why your GM fans and not Chrysler fans. I am both. I really like the new Sebring. I would definitely buy one. It has a classy, very Chrysler look to it. Well done Chrysler.

I guess thats why your GM fans and not Chrysler fans.

Most trashed it because it doesn't flow as well as say the 300 or charger. The car's lines get interupted, especially for me in the C pillar. Also the headlights are a derivitive design and rather large. When you compare this to its concept version, the Airfite, there really is NO comparison. This is much worse of a departure than from the concept Aura and the production one. Both concepts were knockouts but the Aura came out looking better.

I am both.  I really like the new Sebring.  I would definitely buy one.  It has a classy, very Chrysler look to it.  Well done Chrysler.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am sure you will enjoy the interior, that WAS done right. That being said good luck with it, hope you get many miles and tons of smiles out of it. Edited by 91z4me

I know this line has been trashed to death already, but...

As a 2007 Chrysler Sebring, this is pretty nasty looking, but has potential to gain favor over time.

Slap a twin-kidney grille on it and call it a 2007 Pontiac Grand Am, and it would be a downright insult to Pontiac and GM fans across America.

This car isn't that bad. It should look much better in person as do all vehicles. The Nav is apparently touch screen as well. The Avenger would be my choice though. The Avenger looks much better and like a Charger. I would expect to see the Dodge Avenger at LAIAS probably.

I like it a lot.

Better than a Malibu

Better than a G6

Better than a Milan

Better than a MKZ

Better than Camry

Better than Accord

As good as Aura.

The only thing that's worse than Malibu and G6 is the Kia Optima-everything else is better in almost every way! I'm digging the dashboard, and like the steering wheel overall, but its not as good as on the Airflite, 300, Crossfire, or PT Cruiser-the wide upper/narrow lower spokes and a relatively small steering hub, of course with metal trim would make it look more upscale. I think the black C-pillar overlap molding/plug works well here-otherwise it would look like an Infiniti G35, which is no bad thing, but it adds to originality here and makes us remember where this car was derived from, even if the Airflite's what we are truly longing for. And why was 15hp cut from the 3.5-liter V-6? Bring it back to 250hp at least! And ditch the Base model and 2.7-liter V-6-or at least bring the latter up to 220hp if its going to have any purpose at all. Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

Why only 232HP?  $3.00 + gallon gasoline

So then get the low-end 160 HP four banger for fuel economy.

DC needs to leap over the competition and offer the 4.0L V6 that will be in the '07 Pacifica and minivans as an option on this car.

I admit that i have only read a couple of posts but it seems that the GM fans have overwhelmingly trashed the new Sebring.  I think I saw a few positive comments however.  I guess thats why your GM fans and not Chrysler fans.  I am both.  I really like the new Sebring.  I would definitely buy one.  It has a classy, very Chrysler look to it.  Well done Chrysler.

I'm a Chrysler fan and I'm not nuts about the new Sebring at all. But to be fair, I'll reserve final judgement until I see the thing in person.

I'm also a GM fan by the way. If I had to choose a sedan right now, you can bet it would be a GM--probably a Malibu or G6, or maybe an Impala.

This car isn't that bad. It should look much better in person as do all vehicles. The Nav is apparently touch screen as well.

There is something missing on this car. It has none of the "I've got to have it" appeal. There is nothing there, no substance. Just an OK car. That seems like a waste of years of developement time just to produce an "OK" car. Just because it is a medium priced sedan doesn't mean it shoudn't have some appeal. It SHOULD be competitive feature wise as well as be desirable. I AM a Mopar fan but not in this case.

Incidently,I have similar feelings about the production Aura. Yes, they didn't change it much from the show car, just enough to make it bland. Is there a rule that medium size "family" cars have to be bland?

Guest YellowJacket894

I've again made with the sloppy Photoshop skills and made this:

Posted Image

Modifications:

1. Increased the rear overhang without making it look...ass-heavy.

2. Screwed around with the tail lamps.

3. Removed the rub strip.

4. Threw away that nasty black corner on the C-pillar.

I've again made with the sloppy Photoshop skills and made this:

Posted Image

Modifications:

1. Increased the rear overhang without making it look...ass-heavy.

2. Screwed around with the tail lamps.

3. Removed the rub strip.

4. Threw away that nasty black corner on the C-pillar.

I'm sorry, but NOTHING could help that POS. Disgusting :puke:

Looks better without the side molding. Real better.

Posted Image

(Forgive my Photoshopping skills.)

Maybe we can get Chrysler to make the car without it, just like we did with the Navigator and that chrome moustache above it's grille.

wow, chrylser is having some problems at their paint factory, eh? :thumbsup:

Guest YellowJacket894

There's still going to be a coupe version of this car, right? I want to see it ASAP.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If there's going to be a coupe version of this...thing, there better be one for the Avenger as well. Now that would look...well, like a Charger coupe but still different to say the least.

well, based upon those real world pics, i still think the exterior is bad, and i like the interior a little bit more now, in spite of the cheap plastic.

its amazing the subtle mercedes looks popping up into the DCX cars. the shape of the dash kinda mimics the CLS dash with its tapered shape up to the sides.

There's still going to be a coupe version of this car, right? I want to see it ASAP.

Chances of a coupe are rather slim, although a convertible is almost a guaranteed given. The rumor is that it's going to be a hardtop 'vert like the G6.