Insurance companies are just stupid and evil...

ToniCipriani

I just called them now trying to add a mailing address because I don't want my mail to go to my current residence address, where there is a shared mailbox and I'm worried people might open my mail and stuff. They insisted that I can only have one residential and mailing address, and if I change it to my friend's Markham mailing address the policy address will have to change and apparently rate group as well. Markham is way higher than Waterloo. So they did, but they kept Waterloo as the rating territory. And they went on with all the bullcrap about this and that and how we're not going to cover you if anything happens and your drivers license address is this and that...

Then I want to ask them: what did I pay you for? It's not like I'm cheating you or something, just that I don't live permanently in one place every 4 months, and I have to go through this crap and let you rip money from me?

When I first got my car they want me to put every single person on the friend's address, whereas they won't even have access to my car. So it basically means if I move around all the time, I can't own a car, just because I have to insure everyone in this world?? When I changed it to the Waterloo address they even wanted me to insure all my roommates as well, and again, they will never have access to my car.

I've never ever had so much trouble with insurance outside of North America. Who came up with these stupid liability laws?

That's too bad.

I went to Hong Kong recently. Stayed in the Mirador "Mansion". What a hole. After being spoiled by the nice hostels in mainland China I thought we would be OK booking a cheap one in Kowloon. Nope. Ah well, the city was interesting. The peak tram is very unnerving though, being pulled up by a single cable. I was very impressed with the escalator system. Thousands of people commute to work just by getting on a system of escalators and going down the mountain. Cool.

Anyways, not sure if you've visited to know what I'm talking about... but it was a good vacation. I'm just glad we figured out not to fly out of HK directly. Flying in and out of Guangzhou was about 50% cheaper.

That's too bad.

I went to Hong Kong recently. Stayed in the Mirador "Mansion". What a hole. After being spoiled by the nice hostels in mainland China I thought we would be OK booking a cheap one in Kowloon. Nope. Ah well, the city was interesting. The peak tram is very unnerving though, being pulled up by a single cable. I was very impressed with the escalator system. Thousands of people commute to work just by getting on a system of escalators and going down the mountain. Cool.

Anyways, not sure if you've visited to know what I'm talking about... but it was a good vacation. I'm just glad we figured out not to fly out of HK directly. Flying in and out of Guangzhou was about 50% cheaper.

Yes I know that. It's in the Central district on Hong Kong Island.