Impala Impacts!

76ChevyTrucker

I was watching the news this morning on CNN and just before a commercial break, I caught the clip about the new side-impact crash ratings. Chevy Impala is number 1 followed by the Toyota Camry (or fat Mazda 6, if you so desire). I think that this is good news, considering the car comes standard with side-impact airbags, meanwhile some of its other competitors don't. I'm also surprised to see that someone else hasn't already posted something about it on here. Guess I get to be the one to spill the beans! Yay for me!!!

WHY ISN'T THIS IN THE MEDIA, YOU'LL NEVER SEE THIS IN THE MEDIA THEY'RE TRYING TO BRING GM DOWN.

I was watching the news this morning on CNN and just before a commercial break, I caught the clip about the new side-impact crash ratings.  Chevy Impala is number 1 followed by the Toyota Camry (or fat Mazda 6, if you so desire).

whoops :AH-HA_wink: Edited by Satty

More good news for the Impala. 8) My brother had one as a rental for 2 weeks and I was able to drive it for half an hour Sunday night. Funny part was he had a G6 the previous week and he thought the Impala was a lot better, nicer interior, better ergonomics, etc. Averaged 32 MPG on a road trip. Actually he said it was the best GM car he's ever driven but keep in mind our family used to be all GM guys but just the average stuff like Chevys and Pontiacs and some Cutlasses so a don't mean better than Caddys and expensive stuff. Not surprised the Impala does so well in crash tests, the thing just looks so big and solid and planted on the road.

mercedes has the best commercials lately. one part they were showing the side impacts and the dolly/battering ram dealy went flying over the car leaving it cpmpletely intact. it was funny as hell. of course in tiny print on the bottom of the tv it says "dramatization, seriously fatal as hell impact--you will die or at least dislocate hip and shoulder" or someting like that--

theres nothing funny about these pictures though. it makes me never to want to drive again.

but i will, and im gald to know the impala has done well.

side curtains are all the rage. after you see the tests with and wothout them, it makes a giant difference.

granted, some accidents at the speeds most people drive they wouldnt make a lick of a difference...it is nice to know that theyre there. its what they call an added safety precaution.

Yeah.... BOF designs dating back to 1978 are pretty crappy.

I'd LOVE to see a BOF car designed in 2006 compared to

a unibody. The Lucerne didn't do any better.

Yeah.... BOF designs dating back to 1978 are pretty crappy.

I'd LOVE to see a BOF car designed in 2006 compared to

a unibody. The Lucerne didn't do any better.

Uh, look again. The Lucerne did better than that Grand Marquis :rolleyes:

really?  the brick makes that much difference?

another hole in your theory.  more reasons why GM needs to stick V8's in ALL their cars.

No; I think evok confused this test (side) with the IIHS frontal offset crash.

The Impala (tested in SS spec) got an "acceptable" frontal rating, compared to the LaCrosse's "good" frontal rating.

No; I think evok confused this test (side) with the IIHS frontal offset crash.

The Impala (tested in SS spec) got an "acceptable" frontal rating, compared to the LaCrosse's "good" frontal rating.

Yea -

I need to double check if both vehicles had thorax bags, Lacrosse and Impala.

The results looked like the Lacrosse had the curtain but not the side bag. Torso and Pelvis were elevated.