late breaking

ocnblu

Well, it was a hell of a stressful weekend, what with getting my ass canned on Friday, out-of-the-blue (what the hell am I saying, we all saw the writing on the wall months ago.) For background, see the "Philosophically speaking, are you happy?" thread.

Anyhoo, this afternoon I went for a follow-up interview at the Lincoln-Mercury dealership in town (after a preliminary meeting on Friday afternoon). I landed the job. I'll be doing the same thing I was at the other dealership, except the hours are much better, and there are a few perks the other place did not match. I'm happy and thankful this ordeal appears to be over. I start July 3rd. *whew*.

Also, I don't know if anyone remembers or even cares, but a person I was dating who ran off to Puerto Rico several months ago (he called me several times since he's been gone) surprisingly flew back into town today. We're supposed to get together tonight.

Wow, talk about doors closing and opening. This is crazy, but good. And thanks again to everyone for the kind words.

Edited by ocnblu

OMG.. ocn, well, first off, sorry about the job. Secondly, congrats about the job! Thirdly, be careful with this guy--don't get yourself hurt! Good luck though :)

Congrats on the job find. It always seems to work out in the end. At least, that's what my Dad used to say. (I won't translate it, but it went "The Lord closes a door and opens a gate." Nifty, huh?)

So, now, you've got some "slush time" on your hands. Where ya gonna go? Two weeks off during summer. I've used up all my vacation days. And, F*** those bastards, you need to collect some UE until your new job starts.

Yeah, I have my confirmation page right here on the desk, printed off PA's website. My former employer said they would not fight my application for UC benefits. They're also paying me one more week's salary, two weeks' vacation pay, and my share of our monthly bonus when it comes due.

EDIT: CB, I'm going to the beach, and I'm going camping this weekend. Nothing major, just relaxing.

Edited by ocnblu

Congrats again, oblu!

And good luck with the date. Don't get yourself too caught up in the guy because you might be regretting it later. But don't hold back; be yourself.. people like you for who you are, so be you and everything will be just fine.

So tell me why you haven't yet posted in this thread? :lol:^_^

j/k. I'm happy for you. I hope someone there likes Chili's 8)

good deal. things seem to be picking up. although If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't give anyone a second chande that ran out on me.

Nuh-uh. You had your chance and you blew it.

That has happened a couple of times to me, and I'll forgive and forget, but the most I ever have and will let and XGF become after the relationship is over is a friend.

In other words, keep your eye on that dude.

Well, it was a hell of a stressful weekend, what with getting my ass canned on Friday, out-of-the-blue (what the hell am I saying, we all saw the writing on the wall months ago.)  For background, see the "Philosophically speaking, are you happy?" thread.

Anyhoo, this afternoon I went for a follow-up interview at the Lincoln-Mercury dealership in town (after a preliminary meeting on Friday afternoon).  I landed the job.  I'll be doing the same thing I was at the other dealership, except the hours are much better, and there are a few perks the other place did not match.  I'm happy and thankful this ordeal appears to be over.  I start July 3rd.  *whew*.

Also, I don't know if anyone remembers or even cares, but a person I was dating who ran off to Puerto Rico several months ago (he called me several times since he's been gone) surprisingly flew back into town today.  We're supposed to get together tonight.

Wow, talk about doors closing and opening.  This is crazy, but good.  And thanks again to everyone for the kind words.

wow, blu! I didn't know all this was happening! And here I thought the Rabbit ride was your excitement for the day! Hope it all works out for you. Now go push those underpowered MazdaFord Zephrys to the beginning real estate agent wannabes!

Congrats on the new job, man!

What was the dealership you were working at before? Nevermind, not important. You've got a new job with better hours! Just too bad it couldn't be for a GM dealership this time around. Oh well, Lincoln/Mercury is cool, too.

:cheers:

wow, blu!  I didn't know all this was happening!  And here I thought the Rabbit ride was your excitement for the day!  Hope it all works out for you.  Now go push those underpowered MazdaFord Zephrys to the beginning real estate agent wannabes!

sorry, I meant MK-z's! dammit, get it straight reg!

Aviator, Zephyr, two of the coolest car names in the biz and Lincoln f's that up.

just had to add that.

I normally don't give people second chances, but it may work out.

Wow, I would think that being Southern and all, you'd be less harsh. :lol: Do you work in/for a dealership as well?

Congrats all around, ocnblu!!!

Hmm...now, if we could get that luck to spread across to others just a tad....heh.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

Congrats all around, ocnblu!!!

Hmm...now, if we could get that luck to spread across to others just a tad....heh.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Enough is enough, I can't take anymore" ... Alabama ... 'Can't Keep A Good Man Down'

yeah, I know. Share the wealth o-blu.

Hehehe, reg, if you were here, you'd get a dutch rub for that one.

Thanks a ton for all the good wishes, guys. I love this place.

No sign of my errant Puerto Rican last night. You know what that means? Goodbye in Spanish. Eff him! 8)

Yes, sorry Bob, I forgot to respond to you the first time you asked above, so I edited that post further up the thread. It's camping this weekend, maybe a few daytrips to the beach in between, with another camping trip sprinkled in somewhere perhaps. My plans have been kind of scrambled, to say the least.

Hehehe, reg, if you were here, you'd get a dutch rub for that one.

Thanks a ton for all the good wishes, guys.  I love this place.

No sign of my errant Puerto Rican last night.  You know what that means?  Goodbye in Spanish.  Eff him! 8)

are you sure you had the right Chili's? maybe he went to another one!?!?!

:deadhorse: sorry.

reg, are you saying with your above smiley that Chili's serves horse that's so underdone you have to kill it at the table? :o

Vipes, bud, why are you trying to make me feel guilty? You know I care about you and want to see you do right.

And as you turned that last combination number into place, letting the belt fall to the floor, did you look intently into his eyes before pulling him close, exhaling and putting your tongue in his ear? :scratchchin:

Wow. In 2 and 1/2 pages, this went from Ocn's job news to Ocn's sexual fantasies. Maybe you've been idle too long. (You know, an idle mind is...yada yada). Call up the L-M dealer and tell them you need to start BEFORE July. :AH-HA_wink:

Bob, before you know it he'll be in the junkyard writing estimates for all the wrecks.