2007 Chrysler 300 News

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

2007 Chrysler 300 Long Wheelbase

Chrysler is selling this aftermarket stretch at dealers.

(Images From Automobile Mag.com)

Posted Image

(Dark stripe shows stretching.)

Posted Image

Accubuilt, a long-time maker of hearses and stretch limos, will put the Chrysler 300 under the knife in Lima, Ohio. Half a foot of extra length gives back seat passengers an extra 10.2 cu-ft of passenger volume. Unlike other aftermarket conversions, this one will be sold in Chrysler dealerships. Both the regular Chrysler 300 with a 250-hp 3.5-liter V-6 and the muscular 300C with a 340-hp 5.7-liter V-8 are eligible for the conversion. Pricing hasn’t been announced yet, but we expect it to start in the mid-$30,000 range when it goes on sale in the Fall of 2006.

(Although I cannot find photos, here is some information on the SRT Design package for 2007.)

SRT design Group option, includes:

-350 HP 5.7L V8

-Performance independent front and load-leveling rear with height control

-Performance 9-Land steering gear

-20" SRT forged, ultra-brite, aluminum wheels with 245/45WR20 all-season performance tires

-Performance exhaust system

-High-speed engine controller

-Trunklid spoiler

-Body-color door handles

-Leather-wrapped, performance front seats perforated with Preferred Suede® inserts

-Power adjustable pedals

-Leather-wrapped steering wheel with perforated leather upper trim

-Shift knob with Satin Silver accent

Edited by YellowJacket894

6 extra inches........mmmmmmmmmmm

Hello, Ocn.

It looks better stretched. I'm not fan of the brick-like design, but this makes it more palatable and will hopefully eliminate the desire to build that gaudy, silly Imperial concept.

Hello, Ocn.

It looks better stretched. I'm not fan of the brick-like design, but this makes it more palatable and will hopefully eliminate the desire to build that gaudy, silly Imperial concept.

I'll bet you a dollar to a donut they build that Imperial. It fits their strategy of moving the brand upmarket & with some 300s selling north of 40 grand to some really dumb shmucks, I doubt they'll have a problem selling them. As they say, there's no accounting for taste.

I liked the 300, but thought it looked too squat.

The wheelbase stretch fixes that.

But, why isn't Chrysler doing it in-house?

I liked the 300, but thought it looked too squat.

The wheelbase stretch fixes that.

But, why isn't Chrysler doing it in-house?

It's probably more cost effective to outsource it..same with how the work on some convertibles are outsourced to vendors like ASC, Karmann, etc..

Edited by moltar

Accubilt of Lima, OH is the premier hearse manufacturing company in the US. It owns Superior, Miller-Meteor, Sayers & Scovill, and the Eureka name.

High quality coaches it builds.