Oh Hai (Again)

Cory Wolfe

6 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Congrats on the fleet Cory, always nice to see you pop in

Thanks, Drew. 

I'm going to try to be more active this year. Outside of being a lurker in a few Facebook groups, I don't participate much in any automotive discussions these days. The last few years have sort of drained my passions a bit. 2021 was at least a bit of a return to the norm for me with more frequent trips to Cars and Coffee and beginning to rebuild my diecast collection. Photography is still on the back burner for the most part, so I'd like get out and do more with that this year. We shall see...

• Agree 3

22 minutes ago, Cory Wolfe said:

The last few years have sort of drained my passions a bit.

I see that.   With the advent of these shytty electrical cars, how can ANYBODY be be passionate about cars anymore???!!!

OOPSIES.   I see that you own not one, but TWO of these Tesler cars..

Expresions GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I like Telsa.  I just dont like Elon.  I like EVs. My next car will probably be an EV...  lets just see what everybody else will bring to the table...   

22 minutes ago, Cory Wolfe said:

beginning to rebuild my diecast collection.

AWESOME!!!

I have a 73 or 74 car collection  scale 1/18 (always forget how many I got) diecast cars.   OK...Im lying.   One of those is a resin model.   2015 Hellcat Challenger by GT Spirit.  

Waiting for the Z06 C8 to come out to complete and end the collection once and for all.  Hopefully by Autoart if they make one. Ill have to settle for a resin Stingray from GT Spirit I think it is if no-one makes a Z06.  

I used to have over 100 of them. Collection was too big.   Its kinda too big now. 

Hope you stick around. I have lurked and read your past posts in here so you are not a stranger to me as I am to you.  

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

I see that.   With the advent of these shytty electrical cars, how can ANYBODY be be passionate about cars anymore???!!!

OOPSIES.   I see that you own not one, but TWO of these Tesler cars..

I like Telsa.  I just dont like Elon.  I like EVs. My next car will probably be an EV...  lets just see what everybody else will bring to the table...   

Hah, right. Tesla ownership definitely has its negatives, the biggest of which is probably Elon. Many owners blindly worship the Haus of Musk which leads everyone else to believe that any owner must as well. While I think he has definitely had some radical ideas that have led us to where we're at now, it might be time for him to step back and perhaps abmit he was wrong about certain things (*cough* FSD, *cough* removing radar, *cough* v11 software).

30 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

AWESOME!!!

I have a 73 or 74 car collection  scale 1/18 (always forget how many I got) diecast cars.   OK...Im lying.   One of those is a resin model.   2015 Hellcat Challenger by GT Spirit.  

Waiting for the Z06 C8 to come out to complete and end the collection once and for all.  Hopefully by Autoart if they make one. Ill have to settle for a resin Stingray from GT Spirit I think it is if no-one makes a Z06.  

I used to have over 100 of them. Collection was too big.   Its kinda too big now. 

One of my biggest regrets is selling my old diecast collection about 10 years ago. I had about 100 cars and I let it go for a few hundred. Some of those cars really ballooned in value and it would cost me 10 times the amount I sold it for to rebuild the collection exactly as I had it.

Right now I'm back up to about ten 1:18 scale, about 150 Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars, and a handful of others that fit in-between. Unfortunately my latest super rad purchase was damaged by USPS...

IMG_20220112_160748.thumb.jpg.3123b6b208a9fce45c5e1e3adb8c7333.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1