Buick previews 2 new models

wildcat

No images of the LaCrosse Super were included, but a Flint / Saginaw / Bay City, MI TV station, ABC 12 / WJRT, reported about the two new Buicks on 6/5/06. To see their story, click here.

[ EDIT ] P.S. - In case you didn't notice, for the next 7 days, you can click on the "ABC12 video report," listed under "Related Links," to see the LaCrosse Super hidden under a sheet :huh: and a sign reading "no photography."

Edited by wildcat

Okay, that's wonderful, but 1) we know this, and 2) I highly doubt for the LAST year of this generation's production we're going to see a "level of elegance, refinement, quietness that's really very differently executed". Someone needs to take a deep breath and return to reality.... OOH! We're getting YET ANOTHER W-Body with the 5.3L V8! Yay!

What'll surprise me? The 300hp version of the Northstar and a 6A under the hood. Not going to happen though.

Okay, that's wonderful, but 1) we know this, and 2) I highly doubt for the LAST year of this generation's production we're going to see a "level of elegance, refinement, quietness that's really very differently executed".  Someone needs to take a deep breath and return to reality.... OOH!  We're getting YET ANOTHER W-Body with the 5.3L V8!  Yay!

What'll surprise me?  The 300hp version of the Northstar and a 6A under the hood.  Not going to happen though.

in the right color combos with all the goodies, the LaCrosse interior is damned nice except for the cheap radio and climate controls. You might like it! the carmel tans and black contrasts work nicely together. and 300hp v8 if executed with 6 speed tranny and good handling is nothing to sneeze it. If they botch it like the Impala SS, well then,.......

Edited by regfootball

Before that video report disappears from the website, can one or two of C&G's more computer-savvy or Buick-friendly participants try to get a couple of screen captures of the LaCrosse Super? The best one may be at the very end of the piece (while the reporter states his name). :scratchchin: It seems to show, albeit under the cover, a very rounded front end. At least it'd be something. Thanks!

in the right color combos with all the goodies, the LaCrosse interior is damned nice except for the cheap radio and climate controls.  You might like it!  the carmel tans and black contrasts work nicely together.  and 300hp v8 if executed with 6 speed tranny and good handling is nothing to sneeze it.  If they botch it like the Impala SS, well then,.......

But that's just it... I don't see them putting in the 6A into the LaCrosse--if they didn't put it into a premium car like the LaCrosse this year when it was FINALLY available, then they're not going to modify the car that much for one model year.

I could see them swapping out the radio and climate controls.

I was REALLY hoping for an update this year, things in the tune of, new GM radio/climate controls, new steering wheel, new gauges (electroluminescent), 3.6L standard, 300hp on CXS, 6A on all trims, etc.

But that's just it... I don't see them putting in the 6A into the LaCrosse--if they didn't put it into a premium car like the LaCrosse this year when it was FINALLY available, then they're not going to modify the car that much for one model year.

I could see them swapping out the radio and climate controls.

I was REALLY hoping for an update this year, things in the tune of, new GM radio/climate controls, new steering wheel, new gauges (electroluminescent), 3.6L standard, 300hp on CXS, 6A on all trims, etc.

I don't really mind the LaCrosse steering wheel actually.

What I've read is that the impala SS, GXP GP, and LaCrosse were all slated for the 6 speeds like in 2007 or 2008, but GM is so darned slow rolling them out!

Before that video report disappears from the website, can one or two of C&G's more computer-savvy or Buick-friendly participants try to get a couple of screen captures of the LaCrosse Super?  The best one may be at the very end of the piece (while the reporter states his name). :scratchchin: It seems to show, albeit under the cover, a very rounded front end.  At least it'd be something.  Thanks!

you mean like this?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

8)

Meh, I still think the Enclave looks all bug-eyed and weird. I prefer the Outlook, or at least the Outlook's exterior.

Oh, I totally disagree... I think the Enclave is not only 100% Buick, but completely elegant and exactly where Buick needs to go to reposition itself as a premium brand.

ENCLAVE - YOUR NEXT RIDE!!!

I wish... it's just going to be too expensive for me. Besides, I'm a sedan man. Would get a Lucerne CXS, but again, out of my price range. Tweak the LaCrosse, and I'd get that.

Oh, I totally disagree... I think the Enclave is not only 100% Buick, but completely elegant and exactly where Buick needs to go to reposition itself as a premium brand.

Oh, no, I agree, the Enclave is a nice and elegant Buick. It definitely looks expensive and "up there." It's just certain elements about it that bug me.

loki: Thank you very much! Those were perfect.

Now can any eagle eyes spot anything of importance? For example, a higher roof line - or not? The slant of the hood? Does the front end seem to fit that grille that C&G previewed?

I was presuming that the sheet did come off for those present at the event, but it had to go back on for the TV crew.

Don't anybody say it looks like a Taurus with a sheet on it! :duh:

loki: Thank you very much!  Those were perfect.

No prob :AH-HA_wink:

that "Drape" covers it up quite well as far as the hood/front goes. doubt there'd be much difference in the windshield rake, maybe a slight mirror difference.

WHEN GM, WHEN will you show us?!!!!?!!!!

Yes, Josh, that was a great preview, but now I'm hoping to see more of the rest of the car, how it integrates with the rest of the front end, the headlights, the portholes, etc.

Does C&G have any more to that preview photo?

Edited by wildcat