U.S. News & World Report, Best V8 SUVs on the Market

G. David Felt

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-v8-suvs

2019JGC-SRT.jpg

I do find it interesting that this publications website used the Jeep GC SRT for their cover shot on this story of the best V8 SUVs in the market right now.

In reverse order with the lowest scoring V8 powered SUV to the top dog, on a scale of 1 to 10 being best, here we go:

• #23 - Mercedes-Benz G-Class ( 7.2 / 10)
  • #22 - Cadillac Escalade (7.4 / 10)
  • #21 - GMC Yukon Denali (7.5 / 10)
  • #20 - Nissan Armada (7.6 / 10)
  • #19 - Toyota Sequoia (7.1 / 10)
  • #18 - Lexus GX (7.8 / 10)
  • #17 - Lexus LX (7.9 / 10)
  • #16 - Infiniti QX80 (8.0 / 10)
  • #15 - Toyota Land Cruiser (8.1 / 10)
  • #12 - Tie - Chevrolet Suburban, BMW X6 xDrive 50i, Jaguar F-Pace SVR (8.2 / 10)
  • #8 -  Tie - Dodge Durango R/T, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Chevrolet Tahoe, Range Rover Supercharged (8.3 / 10)
  • #7 - Jeep Grande Cherokee SRT (8.4 / 10)
  • #6 - Mercedes-Benz AMG GLE 63 (8.5 / 10)
  • #5 - Maserati Levante GTS (8.6 / 10)
  • #4 - BMW X5 xDrive50i (8.7 / 10)
  • #1 - Tie - Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Mercedes-Benz AMG GLC, Mercedes-Benz GLS 550 (8.8 / 10)

To be mentioned is the 2019 Lamborghini Urus, 2019 Bentley Bentayga,  which at this time has no score ranking by U.S. News.

You can review at the link above the picture for the details of why they ranked them as they did, I do not totally agree with all the reasons, but then that is what you get from various sources of who they think is best.

Lincoln Navigator is no longer in this group since no V8 is available for that luxury SUV.

Kind of incomplete as far as trims and variations, though..they only list the JGC SRT, but not the Trackhawk or regular trims w/ the V8 option (which is a different engine tune than the SRT or Trackhawk).   They don't list the regular Yukon but oddly only the Denali. 

21 hours ago, Potluck said:

this list doesn't make sense.  and the Lincoln v6 has as much power as many of the v8s on this list anyway

But it's not a V8.  It's still a very good power plant though.  I agree the list doesn't make sense... the Armada and QX80 are both pretty terrible and dated designs.  The Durango R/T is on the list, but not the regular Grand Cherokee with the V8.  As good as the Durango R/T, the GC Summit with a V8 is still better, so it should be included.

• Agree 2