GMC News: Two 2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Editions Join the Lineup

Drew Dowdell

A few weeks ago, based on some findings on GM's order guide, we reported that GMC would soon be announcing Graphite and Graphite Performance editions of the GMC Yukon and Yukon XL.  These new trims would mirror the RST and RST Performance Editions available on the Chevrolet Tahoe RST and Chevrolet Suburban RST.

Today, the official release is out.

For 2019, the Graphite Edition is an appearance package that offered darkened trim and grille, special wheels, and black roof rails.  Stepping from Graphite to Graphite Performance Edition gains the buyer:

• 6.2L V-8 engine.
  • 10-speed automatic transmission.
  • Magnetic Ride Control.
  • 22-inch six-spoke Gloss black wheels.
  • Active two-speed transfer case (4WD models only).
  • Trailer brake controller.
  • 170-amp alternator.
  • 3.23 axle ratio.
  • High capacity air cleaner.
  • Bose Active Noise Cancellation.
  • Multi-color Head-up Display.
  • 8-inch reconfigurable Driver Information Center.
  • 8-inch Color Touch Screen Navigation with GMC Infotainment System.

Both packages are only available on SLT level Yukons, but selecting the Performance Edition allows for Denali level performance previously not available on a Yukon SLT.  Three colors will be available: Onyx Black, White Frost Tricoat, and Dark Sky Metallic. Both 2WD and 4WD will be available. 

Official pricing has not yet been announced, but based on Chevy's RST pricing we estimate a Yukon Graphite Edition 2WD to start around $59,600 and the performance edition to be around $62,300. 

2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Edition

2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Edition

2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Performance Edition

2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Performance Edition

2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Edition Wheels

2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Edition Wheels

2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Performance Edition Wheels

2019 GMC Yukon Graphite Performance Edition Wheels

GMC Press Release on Page 2

GMC Introduces 2019 Yukon Graphite Editions 

DETROIT — GMC is expanding its premium Yukon line with the addition of two 2019 Graphite Editions. The all-new Yukon Graphite Edition offers a darkened exterior appearance, while the Yukon Graphite Performance Edition adds vehicle performance upgrades. The Graphite Editions are exclusively available on SLT trim vehicles and can be ordered on either Yukon or Yukon XL in both 2WD and 4WD configurations. 

“The Yukon continues to lead the full-size SUV segment with premium features and an instantly recognizable and well-respected identity,” said Stu Pierce, senior marketing manager for GMC Trucks and Full-Size SUVs. “The all-new Graphite Edition builds on the commanding road presence and inherent capabilities of the Yukon and affords customers the opportunity to project a unique, yet distinctly GMC style.”

The Yukon Graphite Edition includes 22-inch bright machined wheels with Carbon Flash Metallic pockets, black assist steps with gloss black accents, premium black chrome grille mesh insert and fog lamp surrounds, body-color grille surround, black roof rails, gloss black beltline moldings and additional black trim. 

The Graphite Performance Edition requires the Graphite Edition and further adds: 

• 6.2L V-8 engine. 
  • 10-speed automatic transmission.
  • Magnetic Ride Control.
  • 22-inch six-spoke Gloss black wheels.
  • Active two-speed transfer case (4WD models only).
  • Trailer brake controller.
  • 170-amp alternator.
  • 3.23 axle ratio.
  • High capacity air cleaner.
  • Bose Active Noise Cancellation.
  • Multi-color Head-up Display.
  • 8-inch reconfigurable Driver Information Center.
  • 8-inch Color Touch Screen Navigation with GMC Infotainment System.

The 6.2L V-8 included with the Yukon Graphite Performance Edition features direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing for increased efficiency while providing 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. The engine is paired to a 10-speed automatic transmission that further improves efficiency by reducing engine revolutions at highway speeds. These powertrain enhancements are complemented by Magnetic Ride Control, which uses sensors to “read” the road and can alter the damping rate of the shocks almost instantly. The combined power and torque, greater efficiency and composed ride provide a smooth and confident driving experience.

The 2019 Yukon and Yukon XL Graphite Editions will be available this summer in the United States. Package pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date. Graphite Editions are offered in three exterior colors: Onyx Black, White Frost Tricoat and Dark Sky Metallic.

View full article

• Agree 1

Sweet package, this is so nice. Wish it had some other colors as I am not a fan of white or black. Dark sky metallic is just blah. Where are the rich lovely maroons, dark forest greens and other shades that have a ton of metallic.

9 hours ago, dfelt said:

Sweet package, this is so nice. Wish it had some other colors as I am not a fan of white or black. Dark sky metallic is just blah. Where are the rich lovely maroons, dark forest greens and other shades that have a ton of metallic.

Keep in mind that this might end up being a 1 or 2 year only package for this platform. The new Yukon and Tahoe are coming very soon.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dfelt said:

I'd love to see more colors, but it seems like maybe 75% of the premium SUVs sold are black or white.   

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

7 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I'd love to see more colors, but it seems like maybe 75% of the premium SUVs sold are black or white.   

Two colors I am so tired of, why not have a rich Burgundy, Deep Forest Green or if they want to go on the wild side give us a 60's era Candy apple red or green. 

This is a special package, give it some special colors not just more of the lemming Black or White.

Just now, dfelt said:

Two colors I am so tired of, why not have a rich Burgundy, Deep Forest Green or if they want to go on the wild side give us a 60's era Candy apple red or green. 

This is a special package, give it some special colors not just more of the lemming Black or White.

It's kind of like how sports cars are often 'resale red'...like Ferraris.   With SUVs it's 'lease black or lease white'...so boring and predictable.     ..

• Agree 1

Those "Performance" wheels look AWESOME! 

Most people are buying on the white to black scale so it makes sense to limit their costs to the main colors people buy. 

I don't know the colors of everybody's vehicles but how many here own a color outside of the white to black scale? 

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

I agree, I really like the solid black rim. Wish they would do a Black Chrome as well as a Matte Black Powder coated rim. I think both of those have been under utilized.

2019-GMC-Yukon-Graphite-Performance-Edition-Wheels-023.jpg

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Most people are buying on the white to black scale so it makes sense to limit their costs to the main colors people buy. 

I don't know the colors of everybody's vehicles but how many here own a color outside of the white to black scale? 

I'm embarrassed to say that I have black, silver, and white.  The Silver one I didn't choose and the white one is a classic so you don't really get to choose. The Black one, I didn't really like the other colors available. 

If/When I get a truck, I'd like it to be red, but since I'll be buying used, I have to be flexible on that.

Albert really wants white.  If we'd had the budget, I'd get him a white CT6.

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

My family has the following colors:

Escalade ESV Platinum is White Diamond. Was the only one available when I went to buy. So no choice.

Trailblazer SS AWD is Garnet Red, CPO so was limited on choices, other two on the lot was a silver one and black one. Took the Red one.

GMC Suburban SLE - Teal color, bought new, picked that color and love it.

99 Durango Silver, was CPO so no other choices at the time I bought it.

Grand Cherokee, Rhino color, bought new.

I take the Ford mantra in the opposite, I want my auto in any color other than Black or White! :P 

10 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

My Jeep is metallic black... I bought CPO.. it seemed 80% of the available ones in AZ last March were white or black.  I don't like white, would have preferred brown or dark red..

The GC is on our shopping list also. He generally sticks with just white or black, but we both agree on the dark green that Jeep offers.

I'd like to see GMC offer the Yukon in the Green they used to offer the Canyon in. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I like that most enthusiasts do tend to buy used(myself absolutely included!) yet we are the same ones asking for different colors and then say we couldn't find X vehicle in a different color used.. 

I think this would look ? in a dark green/dark blue/maroon. Apparently, they just don't sell as much in those colors. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The GC is on our shopping list also. He generally sticks with just white or black, but we both agree on the dark green that Jeep offers.

I'd like to see GMC offer the Yukon in the Green they used to offer the Canyon in. 

I'd love to see the GC in that apple green the Challenger and 300 are available in..   

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

NOooooo..not that vile bile green....I'm talking about THIS green..like in the Chrysler 300 review that was posted here recently. 

4.jpg

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

This was the color green I assumed you meant. It fits the vehicle so well. 

Yup I would totally agree with you that color would look good of a true Deep Forest Green Metallic like this:

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I like that most enthusiasts do tend to buy used(myself absolutely included!) yet we are the same ones asking for different colors and then say we couldn't find X vehicle in a different color used.. 

I think this would look ? in a dark green/dark blue/maroon. Apparently, they just don't sell as much in those colors. 

If I get a truck... I really really want a red one so I can get a wide vinyl stripe in black down the side.  But I could do it on Blue or Green also.