Tesla and SpaceX Facebook accounts Deleted by Elon Musk

Tesla and SpaceX Facebook accounts Deleted by Elon Musk

Musk Tweets What is Facebook as he has deleted his Tesla and SpaceX accounts. Seems Facebook is not reliable, safe or should even be used anymore.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/23/technology/elon-musk-facebook/index.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-deletes-tesla-spacex-facebook-pages-2018-3

Business insider expands on the story by pointing to 2016 when a SpaceX rocket that was supposed to launch a Facebook Satellite blew up costing Facebook millions.

Some interesting reads and challenges. What do you think?

I've been thinking about this situation as it relates to this website.  We do allow for Facebook logins as a matter of convenience to our users, however we do not use any of the information we get for anything more than creation of the account.   I've been debating removing the option to login with other platforms and making it a strictly email based signup.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I've been thinking about this situation as it relates to this website.  We do allow for Facebook logins as a matter of convenience to our users, however we do not use any of the information we get for anything more than creation of the account.   I've been debating removing the option to login with other platforms and making it a strictly email based signup.

Kind of wondering what I am going to do in Regards to Facebook myself.

13 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Kind of wondering what I am going to do in Regards to Facebook myself.

I have been actively deleting old posts of mine. Every time the "On this day" comes up, I go back and delete about 75% of the old stuff. I've left a bunch of groups. I've killed access for most of the apps I have connected. I'm dialing back a lot.

My aim is to make that data substantially less valuable to the likes of the political apparatus. 

• Agree 1