27K & 34K "Dream Garage"

ccap41

I know, real exciting price range, right?!?

Well, it came up in the Kia thread and it got me thinking what would I buy for 27k and 34k(because that's a very realistic price range for my next vehicle)? First I thought new then used..

Simple rules.. 

• 4 total vehicles
  • Two 27k vehicles
  1. New
  2. Used
  • Two 34k vehicles
  1. New
  2. Used
Edited by ccap41

A. 27k

1. 2018 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4 

2. 14-15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4.  (been there, done that in April w/ my CPO GC)

B. 34k

1. '17 Challenger GT AWD (there are new GCs at this price point, but they are low content Laredos)

2. '15-16 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (I could also go for '16-17 Grand Cherokee at this price point also)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

• Used 27k : I'm leaning towards a used Boss 302 or C5Z. 
  • Used 34k  :  I'm still not dead set on anything but I think I'd look for a 2016+ F150 so I can still have Sync 3. I'm just not sure if I'd want to drive a truck all the time or not. I think I'd enjoy it at first but later get tired of the size. 
  • Maybe... TRD Pro or ZR2 actually. I think the size would fit me better. 

Edited by ccap41

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:
  • Used 27k : I'm leaning towards a used Boss 302 or C5Z. 
  • Used 34k  :  I'm still not dead set on anything but I think I'd look for a 2016+ F150 so I can still have Sync 3. I'm just not sure if I'd want to drive a truck all the time or not. I think I'd enjoy it at first but later get tired of the size. 
  • Maybe... TRD Pro or ZR2 actually. I think the size would fit me better. 

I'm still not sure what my toy vehicle would be.. I'm caught between the Boss, C5Z, or a C6. I think I'd want something more special than a standard C6 though. 

The more I think about it the more I think I'd do with an F150 for this price. I really like the ZR2(can't find for this price though) and TRD Pro(also can't find in this price but I could easily find a TRD Off-Road) but I just don't love the powertrains as much. 

Boss 302.jpg

Z06.jpg

2015 FX4.jpg

• Agree 1

$27k

1. New: Mazda 6 Touring or Subaru Crosstrek Limited if I needed more utility/awd

2. Used: For $27k you can pick up lightly used 2016 Mustang GT premium, I think while not as special as Boss 302 it is actually faster and more livable with.  I think Vette for this price will be around 2004 Z06, not sure I waant 15 year old car.

$34k

1. New:  Subaru WRX premium or Outback 3.6R premium if I needed space or Acura TLX if I needed comfortable daily driver

2. Used: Either nicest C5 Z06 I can find for the money or almost new Mustang GT premium or Chevy SS if I needed a sedan or CTS

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27K Used - 2010 Challenger SRT8 with 16K miles.

AutoTrader Link

27K New - 2017 Jeep Compass TrailHawk

AutoTrader Link

34K Used - 2017 Jeep GC TrailHawk

AutoTrader Link

34K New - 2017 Silverado Ralley 1 Crewcab edition

AutoTrader Link

• Like 1

@ykX damn, throwing another bone in the mix with a new Mustang GT.. I actually don't really care for the refinement as much because this is definitely a vehicle I'd only put a few thousand miles a year on but the newer Mustang will be better in probably every way. 

@dfelt (not sure why it won't let me actually tag you)  I really like the Trailhawk choice! I thought about the Charger SRT's as well but I'm not a an of that older body style. The new ones do it for me so much more. 

• Like 1

New 27k : VW GTI Sport(Sport package includes: +10hp, VAG differential, upgraded brakes) 

Autotrader GTI Sport

NEW 34k : Tacoma TRD Off-Road

Autotrader Tacoma TRD Off-Road

I think I'd want the TRD to be a stick.. or the GTI.. I'm not sure which one but one of them would be a 6spd. 

Edited by ccap41
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

New 27k : VW GTI Sport(Sport package includes: +10hp, VAG differential, upgraded brakes) 

Autotrader GTI Sport

NEW 34k : Tacoma TRD Off-Road

Autotrader Tacoma TRD Off-Road

I think I'd want the TRD to be a stick.. or the GTI.. I'm not sure which one but one of them would be a 6spd. 

GTI SPort.jpg

Tacoma TRD.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

@ccap41

Nifty idea here, friend. Putting this together ASAP.

Also, since you like the GTI Sport so much, I have a few left over 17's I'll make you a killer deal on!! :AH-HA:

Oh man, I wish! If I wasn't in the midst of a building/home renovation I would be way more interested in this. Having to buy appliances, furniture, TV, flooring, etc, etc... keeps a new car out of the budget for awhile yet.. :(

What are your Sports going for? 

On 11/9/2017 at 8:23 AM, ccap41 said:

Oh man, I wish! If I wasn't in the midst of a building/home renovation I would be way more interested in this. Having to buy appliances, furniture, TV, flooring, etc, etc... keeps a new car out of the budget for awhile yet.. :(

What are your Sports going for? 

They're about 4-5K off right now. So maybe a bit under 26k for a DSG Sport.

• Agree 1

For me, nothing original or interesting here.

27k, new-GTI

34K new-WRX Premium

27K used-the nicest F150 I can buy with the lowest miles....half ton 4 x 4.

34K used....slightly nicer F150.

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

That's really not bad at all. I'd love to be able to swing that I just know it wouldn't make any sense for me to do that right now.. :(

Owning a house will pay off long term for you I am sure.

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Oh it most certainly will. But cars are so much more fun! lol 

...until you are like me and discover wood working and have two expensive hobbies....

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

...until you are like me and discover wood working and have two expensive hobbies....

Oh I know what you mean, my dad is huge into wood working and with this building i'm learning some myself. It seems like an awesome hobby but unless you get some hand-me-down tools it would be very pricey to start out. 

27 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Oh I know what you mean, my dad is huge into wood working and with this building i'm learning some myself. It seems like an awesome hobby but unless you get some hand-me-down tools it would be very pricey to start out. 

Good Advice from my grandfathers and father, Woodworking or home improvement projects, you grow your tools as you buy when you need them to complete and this way you end up with a decent assortment of tools to do your own repairs and improvements with.

I remember I started off as a wedding gift from my dad a craftsmen professional socket set and wrench set. Since then I have bought plenty more and inherited plenty as both my grandfathers died and my dad retired and choose to give me his tools.

Ya start out small and before you know it you have tons of tools.

• Like 1