Dream car garage-Comfortable gut, comfortable backside edition...

In this dream car garage, the rules are very simple.

You will bring 5 cars and 5 local restaurants you will drive your choice of car to for an interesting meal.

For the restaurants, only rule is no national chains-family owned or small local chain only.  Restaurant should be local to where you live...say within 50 miles or so of your home.

For the cars, any era any market is allowed, any price-just needs to fit the bill below.

Car #1-American Muscle car, American traditional restaurant of some sort.

Car #2, Italian car, Italian food-for those who do not like Imports, you may substitute an American car.

Car #3. Vintage 4 Door sedan of some sort, restaurant should be some sort of ethnic food. 

Car #4, Modern sedan of some sort, restaurant should be something with a good entree below $25....

Car #5, SUV over $75,000 current market value, Fine dining.

If you have to ask about a rule you are over thinking this one....have fun!

Also, please put a personal description or web link for the restaurants of choice so we can all be a bit jealous of what you get to enjoy on a regular basis.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, oldshurst442 said:

This one is PHOQUING GREAT!!!

Ill do mine tonight! Ill marinate some ideas over the course of the day.

Unless your choice is Asian food...and then it is Pho king great....

• Agree 1

Ok,  here are my picks.  All are restaurants here in the Cleveland area I've eaten at recently.   I could do another list for Phoenix/Scottsdale--as I know the restaurant scene there better, but it's  in my rearview now. 

1.  Muscle: Dodge Challenger SRT 392.   Traditional Murican:  Burntwood Tavern, Independence, OH   Wood and stone local chain.  Brewpub atmosphere. 

http://www.burntwoodtavern.com

2. Italian- Alfa Romeo Guilia QF   Italian dining--Corleones in Parma, Oh.   Old school, dark white table cloth Italian restaurant 

http://corleonescleveland.com/

3. Vintage 4dr: 2004 Mercury Marauder.    Ethnic restaurant: Jaipur Junction, tasty Indian place in North Royalton, Oh  

http://www.thejaipurjunction.com/Menu.html

4. Modern sedan:  Chrysler 300C.    Tasty but cheap restaurant:  Melt Grilled in Independence, Ohio.  Anything and everything grilled cheese.

https://meltbarandgrilled.com/locations/

5. luxury SUV: Cadillac Escalade Platinum.   Fine dining: Pier W, Lakewood, OH.  Beautiful seafood restaurant overlooking Lake Erie.

http://pierw.com

PW7.jpg

1497968434880.jpg

maxresdefault-10.jpg

2011-Chrysler-300C-1.jpg

cadillacescalade2017-05513.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

Just now, A Horse With No Name said:

Love the Marauder!  And you have some excellent restaurant Choices as well.

There is a Marauder a few streets over from me in that same color...I still would like to have one. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

There is a Marauder a few streets over from me in that same color...I still would like to have one. 

It is actually on my short list of want to own vehicles.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

3 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

It is actually on my short list of want to own vehicles.

So true, if I had extra money, the two 4 door American Sedans I would love to own are the Ford Marauder and SS Impala.

2008 Ford Marauder in Maroon

2008FordMarauder.jpg

1996 Chevrolet SS Impala in Maroon

1996-chevrolet-impala-SS-front-three-quarter.jpg

My 2 door sedan choice would be the 1986 MonteCarlo SS Areo in Maroon.

1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe Maroon burgundy.jpg

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, dfelt said:

So true, if I had extra money, the two 4 door American Sedans I would love to own are the Ford Marauder and SS Impala.

2008 Ford Marauder in Maroon

2008FordMarauder.jpg

1996 Chevrolet SS Impala in Maroon

1996-chevrolet-impala-SS-front-three-quarter.jpg

My 2 door sedan choice would be the 1986 MonteCarlo SS Areo in Maroon.

1987 Chevy Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe Maroon burgundy.jpg

Love that Era of Monte Carlo!

• Thanks 1

1.  Mustang Fastback to the Senator Restaurant for breakfast, oldest restaurant in Toronto, nice casual atmosphere

Mustang-21_1100.jpg

IMG_3257.JPG

2. Alfa Romeo 8C to Sotto Sotto for some Italian.  Not that expensive yet popular with celebs, no idea why other than location.
Alfa-Romeo-8C-and-the-Sea-0.jpg

Sotto-Sotto-by-Rick-McGrath.jpg

3. Jaguar XJR to Oddseoul, Korean Fusion restaurant

JAGUARXJR-3502_3.jpg

food011.jpg?cb=051cbcb557c3199b4e61d0989

4 Chevy SS to Cluny Bistro, nice environment in the Distillery District, French Bistro

2015-Chevrolet-SS-interior-view.jpg

175644.jpg

5. Range Rover to Canoe.. Fine dining at a height.

3e14790b62ca4dae7b9b530af52f7084.jpg

CIBC_VISA_107.jpg

46 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Great idea!! I have to go in for some minor scheduled surgery later and will prolly be doped up on pain meds the next few days, but I WILL post in here, and am looking forward to it!

Wish you all the best for a speedy recovery and look forward to your post.

2 hours ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Great idea!! I have to go in for some minor scheduled surgery later and will prolly be doped up on pain meds the next few days, but I WILL post in here, and am looking forward to it!

Get well soon!

2 hours ago, frogger said:

1.  Mustang Fastback to the Senator Restaurant for breakfast, oldest restaurant in Toronto, nice casual atmosphere

Mustang-21_1100.jpg

IMG_3257.JPG

2. Alfa Romeo 8C to Sotto Sotto for some Italian.  Not that expensive yet popular with celebs, no idea why other than location.
Alfa-Romeo-8C-and-the-Sea-0.jpg

Sotto-Sotto-by-Rick-McGrath.jpg

3. Jaguar XJR to Oddseoul, Korean Fusion restaurant

JAGUARXJR-3502_3.jpg

food011.jpg?cb=051cbcb557c3199b4e61d0989

4 Chevy SS to Cluny Bistro, nice environment in the Distillery District, French Bistro

2015-Chevrolet-SS-interior-view.jpg

175644.jpg

5. Range Rover to Canoe.. Fine dining at a height.

3e14790b62ca4dae7b9b530af52f7084.jpg

CIBC_VISA_107.jpg

Love the Rover, and that is the best color ever on my favorite post WW II Ford...maybe even my favorite psot WW2 American Car...Mustang is gorgeous.

61-62 Corvette is maybe the only Post WW II car that might Eclipse that era of Mustang fastback...

NICE Choice of Restaurants.

XJR and 8C are fantastic choices as well, and ahve not gotten enough love in the dream car garage threads...THANKS for posting this up!

Car #1-American Muscle car, American traditional restaurant of some sort.

https://orangejulep.ca/

A Montreal landmark. Back in the day, girls used to roller skate the food to your car...yes yes...SoCal milkshake&burgers style. I never got to experience this Richie Cunningham~Happy Days epoch  , but every Wednesday in the summer...

23-8.jpg?x45027

B97585915Z.120160619154903000GVBDRVTN.11

And a photo when the cars were NOT considered classics

9df272c3-a914-47d2-b2b3-c605e7358418_ORI

Since this is a Montreal landmark and this spot calls for an American Muscle Car and I love the GM A-Body, Ill choose an A Body that was only sold in Canada(not really...its just a 1969 Chevelle badge engineered to look like a Pontiac) A 1968 Pontiac Beaumont 396SD..

1280px-1968_Beaumont_SD.JPG

Or a 1970 Dodge Coronet 440 Superbee

3.jpg

Car #2, Italian car, Italian food-for those who do not like Imports, you may substitute an American car.

Ill do Greek restaurant but with an Italian car.  But many many original Italian owned authentic Italian pizzerias exist in Montreal's Little Italy where Id be happy to go to as well. But I am Greek so Ill toot toot toot the Greek horn!

Ill do two Greek restaurants. These two restaurants are always competing for the best souvlakis in Montreal. The second restaurant also has three locations but the link is of the original and is the most authentic Greek atmosphere of them all.

http://marathonsouvlaki.ca/en/index.html

http://souvlakivillagegrec.ca/

These were pretty popular in Greece back in the day. Id bring one over from Europe to go drive around Montreal when the desire is for the family to swing by old Greek or Italian neighborhoods.

1969 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV

82c1874d941adff941a85a705cc02baf--alfa-b

1969_alfa_romeo_1750_gtv_1.jpg

Car #3. Vintage 4 Door sedan of some sort, restaurant should be some sort of ethnic food. 

A restaurant thread and Montreal and Schwartz' Deli HAS to be included. Another Montreal icon.

http://schwartzsdeli.com/ca/en/

Jewish people loved those Cadillacs back in the day. So do I. Cadillac it shall be.

1992 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance

CARS-14.JPG

Car #4, Modern sedan of some sort, restaurant should be something with a good entree below $25....

My kids love this local chain of restaurants. Quebec style rotisserie chicken. Poulet St-Hubert BBQ.

http://www.st-hubert.com/index.en.html

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD

tl_629_2012_08_12_01.jpg

SR-Auto-Acura-TL-medium.jpg

or a newer ride...but IMO, a similar ride

2018 Buick Regal GS

2018-buick-regal-gs-1.jpg

Car #5, SUV over $75,000 current market value, Fine dining.

Montreal is blessed with great restaurants...

http://www.restaurant-toque.com/en

One of Canada's best and it put Montreal fine dining back on the map. 23 years strong with impressing American and European tourists alike. Many aspiring young chefs have passed through this restaurant graduating and moving forward to many world renown restaurants all over the world.

Right at the heart of Montreal smack in the middle of Downtown and Old Montreal, one could shop in the expensive boutiques of Downtown Montreal, walk over the short romp to Old Montreal and take in  Montreal's and Canada's history...then eat dinner at Toqué and when the the dining is complete, all that is left to decide is what night club or bar scene one wants to attend... in Old Montreal or Downtown...to get there, a  modern trendy romp has to be made in a modern trendy Tesla X.

2016-Tesla-Model-X-P90D-front-three-quar

And since this is Montreal...the night life is hot hot hot!

Bars, dance clubs, strip clubs.

Formula One race in June. Formula E Race in July.  Jazz Festival.

And much much more

Anyhoo...these are the rides Id be promenading the streets of Montreal during these crazy crazy crazy summer nights of Grand Prix week-end and the whole summer actually.

During the exotic times with them Ferraris and Lambos

Alfa Romeo tipo 33 Stradale

1967-alfa-romeo-tipo-33-stradale-8.jpg

During the Muscle Cars days

1970 Olds 442 W-30

19616287-770-0@2X.jpg

And if I was single in my 20s again trying to pick-up sweet sweet Montreal cuties

Ferrari LaFerrari.

It dont matter if the girl you are trying to pick up knows nothing about cars...It dont matter if she hates cars and is an environmentalist feminazi that also is a feminist and hates masculinity...they will drop their panties quicker than the LaFerrari could reach 60 MPH because they all recognize that prancing horse and they all want to ride in one.

ferrari_laferrari_2017_4k-3840x2160.jpg

Edited by oldshurst442

First up, I'd take a new Camaro ZL1 Convertible to Square One Distillery & Brewery

attachment.php?attachmentid=827630&d=147

Square One

square-one-front.jpg

The ZL1 would be a perfect match for the setting. Square One pairs excellent food- the apps are to die for- with their own brewed beers, distilled bourbons, and in-house aged tequilas. A very unique and satisfying dining/drinking experience.

Next up, I would pay Katie's Pizza & Pasta a visit in a new Aventador S.

Aventador-S-Gear-Patrol-Slide-2-1940x130

katies_pizza_and_pasta.jpg

This rather unassuming little place serves up spectacular authentic hand-crafted pizzas and pasta entrees using locally sourced ingredients. Being surrounded by parking for several other adjacent businesses, the Aventador would cause pandemonium from passers by.

Delmar Blvd- more affectionately known as 'The Loop'- is a handful of blocks long strip of concert venues, bars, boutiques, and outstanding eateries. There's almost not a bad place on the entire street, but for this one, I'm hitting up Chinese Noodle Cafe in a BMW M5, circa E28. 

bmw-m5-1_autowp.ru_.jpg

chinese-noodle-cafe-listing.jpg

Everyone in here has had the typical fast and casual Chinese fair that is so prevalent here in America. This place isn't that. This place is mouth watering, authentic noodle bowls; delectable and succulent egg rolls, and the best sweet and sour chicken you have ever had. All served by a sweet little old Chinese lady who has run this place for ages. The M5 would blend right in this diverse mix of young locals, music fans, and day tourists. 

I'd love to give the new RS3 a try, so to fit with it's spicy, bold character, I'm checking into Nacho Mama's. This is decidedly Tex Mex, but they're not trying to convince you otherwise. A favorite among locals, this place has amazing sauces, incredible margaritas- that they serve through the drive-thru- and the best enchiladas I've ever had. The smoked pork ones with sour cream sauce are mind blowing good.

25-2018-audi-rs3-oman-cp.jpg  

slide-002.jpg

Last up would be The Crossing. I've never been, but I hear great things, and the always changing tasting menu is right down my alley. I'd take the new Land Rover Velar.

800x-1.jpg

AboutTitleArea.png

Edited by Frisky Dingo