SADD

mute

hey all you younger guys that have this and maybe some of the older guys remember this . . .

you think those SADD demos actually make a difference in driving?

they put out a car that was all messed up from a drunk driver crashing and dying . . . the artery clamp and hat was still on the seat . . .

think it makes a dif?

i keep thinking someones gonna wake up with a hangover in that thing and be like OMG MY CAR!?!?!? cuz their buddies put them there . . . yah i keep thinking that . . . nevre happened to me

Posted Image

I live a mile or so away from the high school, they used an F-350 in this years demonstration, its all sorts of f@#ked up, looks like it got hit hard on the passenger side, there is almost nothing left, but the driver's side is pretty unscathed.

Well, if I remember the studies correctly, shock things like that, scared straight, showing people photos of VD as sex ed, etc. do work. For about 6 months. Then people tend to regress back to doing whatever they were doing before.

they get really into that sorta stuff at my highschool..... like... REALLY into it..... with a bunch of police cruisers, fire trucks, and ambulances "rushing to the scene", using the jaws of life to rip apart the cars, taking the people out of the cars, arresting people, and even throwing the "dead kid" in a hearse and having the parents be there acting as well... then afterwards they have a whole assembly in the gym and they have a coffin with the "dead kid" in it when you walk in, they have guest speakers, people who have lost family to drunk drivers, people who have killed people cause of driving drunk, etc.

I dunno... I'm not the sort of person that would really be in the position that something like that would happen, but it didnt really affect me too much....

I did find it funny however that one of the cops that spoke at the presentation was the one who gave me the ticket for doing a burnout at Drum Hill, lol

http://www.townonline.com/chelmsford/local...rticleid=495958

Edited by speedingpenguin

I have a mid-90s Camry sitting on the front lawn of my school. The thing looks like it did a barrel roll off of a cliff and then landed in the middle of the Baltimore Beltway. I don't know if anyone was killed in it, but it gets the point across.

I've always gotten the concept, and it's a good one, but I've always wondered if they could have thought of a better name. Students Against Drunk Driving; is anybody actually FOR drunk driving, or.....

Chinese riddle for ya :lol:

I for one have never and will never drive drunk. The SADD

demos aside waht else gets the same kind of visual impact

for the buck. It's a serious problem and this is a pretty

effective way of etching the realities of this kind of

behavior into people's conscious.