Jeep randomness and the '17 Trailhawk

Robert Hall

My coworker in the cubicle next to me bought a '17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk in gray...very sharp.   We were out in the parking garage with a bunch of our coworkers checking it out and my Limited which were parked side by side...noting the various commonalities and differences.   One error on the Trailhawk (in that medium gray) is that the left side window trim is all black while the right side trim is all black except for the back quarter window, which has bright window trim like my Limited.   A factory 'oops' I presume.   Sharp rig, though..

Chrysler has long had issues like this. 

My boss a while back had a sedan with a Dodge name on one side and AMC On the other. 

Makes you wonder what they missed under the skin.

Edited by hyperv6

4 hours ago, hyperv6 said:

My boss a while back had a sedan with a Dodge name on one side and AMC On the other. 

This can happen when different models are built on the same assembly line.  We used to get "GMC 1500" and "Bowtie 1500" on opposing doors fairly often back in the day.

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

This can happen when different models are built on the same assembly line.  We used to get "GMC 1500" and "Bowtie 1500" on opposing doors fairly often back in the day.

I under stand but I have seen it much more on Chrysler product over the years and not all are back in the day.

8 hours ago, hyperv6 said:

Monaco/Premier? That's the only sedan I can think of that was shared between Dodge and and AMC brand...

No it was that intrepid and what ever the hell the AMC was. They were so memorable. Also there is like none of either still around.

i did see a fwd 300 the other day. Nice looking car for the age but still junk. 

The best thing the Germans did was kill the platform.

2 hours ago, hyperv6 said:

No it was that intrepid and what ever the hell the AMC was. They were so memorable. Also there is like none of either still around. 

Maybe the Eagle Vision?   That was an Intrepid sister, but that was post AMC...(the Eagle brand replaced what had been the AMC brand after the Chrysler acquisition). 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar