G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

2016 J.D. Powers VDS SUVs

2016-JDPowers.jpg

JD powers has their 2016 vehicle dependability study out. VDS Study

You can review it for all other segments, but being a dedicated SUV / CUV buyer, I was curious to know after 3 years who was top dog.

• Small SUV - Buick Encore
  • Compact SUV - Chevrolet Equinox
  • Compact Premium SUV - Mercedes-Benz GLK
  • Midsize SUV - Nissan Murano
  • Midsize Premium SUV - Lexus GX
  • Large SUV - GMC Yukon

I have to say that having 3 of the 6 segments covered by a GM product is pretty damn impressive! :D

I think J.D. Powers needs somehow to distinguish between problems with electronics and mechanical issues.  I don't think phone not connecting qualifies same way as transmission failing or not shifting properly, for example. 

Edited by ykX
  • Agree 1

33 minutes ago, ykX said:

I think J.D. Powers needs somehow to distinguish between problems with electronics and mechanical issues.  I don't think phone not connecting qualifies same way as transmission failing or not shifting properly, for example. 

That's a very good point.   Mechanically, our Encore has been basically flawless.... only 2 very minor recalls.  But the Intelilink system (First Gen) leaves much to be desired on performance and what I would call reliability.....  maybe usability is a better term.... 

Anyway... half the time voice control can't understand what I'm saying or she won't load Pandora... or the screen changes away from the map for no reason.