2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T Review and Road Test

FordCosworth

" As we alluded to earlier, that was perhaps the biggest criticism leveled at the 2016 vintage of MKZ; that it felt like simply like a blinged up Fusion, that Lincoln could have done more to distance one of its mid-level luxury cars from the Fords on which they are based. The MKZ and Fusion are still closely related- park the two close together and you’ll see what we mean- but this time around, Lincoln’s efforts to make the MKZ stand out have paid off smartly. There is the styling we talked about earlier, as well as the broad shouldered 3.0 turbocharged V6 that will not be found under the hood of anything with a Ford badge. There’s also the way it feels and drives, and we can say with confidence that nothing in the Ford lineup delivers such a creamy, comfortable ride and will spoil occupants with noise levels that are exceptionally quiet. Suffice it to say, Lincoln is finally on the right track- we can’t wait to see what they’ve got in the pipeline next. "

NIce read and review on the 2017 MKZ.

2017 Lincoln MZK

Cool that they have given it a competing TTV6 as they focus on Cadillac and others. Car is nice but clearly you can still see the Ford roots and that to me shows as a we could not think of anything original from our past to inspire us and so we copied the Jaguar look and tweaked it to try and give it a little distance from Ford.

I hope folks like it but to me just Meh!

• Agree 1

I saw one of these on the road the other day.  From a distance it looks sort of like a Jag, then as you get closer you realize it is just a Lincoln and a bit of a disappointment.   Problem 1 is this car is not rear drive, so it has weird proportions, and problem 2: it is not rear wheel drive to handle that horsepower. 

• 2 weeks later...

It has a pretty nice AWD option, but it's kind of a oversight to even offer FWD with the 3.0T. In Canada however, the car only comes with AWD on 3.0T model.

I didn't think the proportions were weird, well, most cars are FWD now. Even cars that started out as RWD, hell even the lowly Corolla used to be RWD....

I think the real sticker right now for Lincoln is that their resale values are the absolute worst in the luxury segments they compete in right now, and that in of itself means that the cars aren't desirable to folks as much as they would like. I like the Continental, but everything else still leaves a lot of be desired in terms of overall execution outside of BL.