Season 3 Formula E Racing - New Look!

G. David Felt
Staff Writer Alternative Energy - www.CheersandGears.com

Season 3 Formula E Racing - New Look!

Season 3 of Formula E racing is getting close and with that a new look for the race cars has emerged.

post-12-0-99992200-1470164527_thumb.jpg

Initially all that the Formula E racing was willing to release is the above photo. Yet only 24hrs later the Mahindra Racing Team unveiled their new ride via Twitter.

Dilbagh Gill Tweet

post-12-0-71148100-1470164525_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-55790600-1470164526_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-36006500-1470164527_thumb.jpg

This now is being called the speed racer nose, as the car behind this front wing is essentially the same from last season. The front end nose was designed to give the E-Cars a more aggressive look with the same down force.

Thoughts?

It's an interesting form of racing that I always turn on when I'm scrolling and see it is on. I think the new front wing looks pretty good. I think it looks better than the 50 piece designs the F1 cars have now. This looks cleaner and simpler.

Do you know if they are allowing teams to build their own cars now? I knew the first season or two were basically 100% driver skill and strategy as they were the same cars. Has that changed yet? I knew it was in the plans but I didn't know when they would allow "full reign" to the teams to tune/build their own cars.

It's an interesting form of racing that I always turn on when I'm scrolling and see it is on. I think the new front wing looks pretty good. I think it looks better than the 50 piece designs the F1 cars have now. This looks cleaner and simpler. Do you know if they are allowing teams to build their own cars now? I knew the first season or two were basically 100% driver skill and strategy as they were the same cars. Has that changed yet? I knew it was in the plans but I didn't know when they would allow "full reign" to the teams to tune/build their own cars.

According to the web site, they have not allowed the teams to build their own auto's yet. So very level playing field and a must for strategy and driver skill as to who wins.

Good to know!

Thanks for looking that up. I wonder when they will start to allow the teams more freedom or if they're slowly allowing that now, it's just on smaller things.

The races are really fun to watch with the strategy and all. It's crazy to hear them "whiz" by as opposed to "scream" past the cameras.

I am so sure the stands are PACKED with people watching this.  *YAWN*

Looks like any other F1 or Indy car race except there is actually competition and racing as opposed to a strung out field and no 5 total passes all race and those are only when there are pit stops.

I am so sure the stands are PACKED with people watching this.  *YAWN*

Yawn, check it out, pretty cool racing and the stands are packed!

Some great coverage from up on the highrise buildings in Berlin.

How a Formula E car works.

You woke me up at 3:00 for THIS?  Oh, I get it... thanks.  I can go back to bed now.  :smilewide:

:roflmao:

Enjoy your electric Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:roflmao: