"The Truth About" the Toyota Yaris

buyacargetacheck

I like reading this guy, but he definitely has a problem with the domestics. Unless you really need to save/get a thrill out of saving $30 per month in gas or you need a hatchback (with no folding split rear seat), I don't see why one would choose a Yaris over a Cobalt LS coupe for about the same money. I've never driven either, but I have the sense that the Cobalt is a tad quieter and more comfortable. Plus you get longer roadside assistance with Cobalt. The Toyota dealers will not give the Yaris away like Chevy dealers will the Cobalt since the Yaris is made in Japan and units are likely constrained.

I just don't see it from this angle.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/content/1...66087/index.php

I like reading this guy, but he definitely has a problem with the domestics.  Unless you really need to save/get a thrill out of saving $30 per month in gas or you need a hatchback (with no folding split rear seat), I don't see why one would choose a Yaris over a Cobalt LS coupe for about the same money.  I've never driven either, but I have the sense that the Cobalt is a tad quieter and more comfortable.  Plus you get longer roadside assistance with Cobalt.  The Toyota dealers will not give the Yaris away like Chevy dealers will the Cobalt since the Yaris is made in Japan and units are likely constrained.

I just don't see it from this angle.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/content/1...66087/index.php

I agree with you about Cobalt over Yaris, and definitley agree that a Cobalt must be more comfortable. Toyota makes the must uncomfortable cars I've ever ridden in, even the leather is thin and not padded enough. GM makes cars for American people, big plush leather and perfect size.

Guest YellowJacket894

That guy's head is shoved so far up Toyota's ass, I can't tell where they begin and he ends.

Hey, Farago, there's brown on your nose. And its not chocolate.

Unless the Yaris is better than the Echo in gas mileage, I really don't think you're going to be saving $30 a month on gas. A guy I work with does a very similar drive to me (mix of city and freeway with lots of traffic). I have a 5-spd Cobalt coupe, he has an auto Echo sedan. Every time we compare mileage, its very very close. It's pretty much random who will get the 'better' mileage each time. I doubt that making that Echo a manual would save $30 a month on gas.

BTW, the Aveo is getting replaced in a couple months...so that isn't exactly an accomplishment.

Only the 4 dr. is being upgraded...It's still an accomplishment to outsell the best-seller 2nd month out...neither vehicle is anything to write home about...

Only the 4 dr. is being upgraded...It's still an accomplishment to outsell the best-seller 2nd month out...neither vehicle is anything to write home about...

Yeah...neither one are awe-inspiring. The Aveo would get my vote, if only because I don't like centrally mounted gauge clusters. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the grill on the Yaris.

Edited by Dodgefan

Yeah...neither one are awe-inspiring. The Aveo would get my vote, if only because I don't like centrally mounted gauge clusters. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the grill on the Yaris.

I'd get a used car, if these were all I could afford. I just can't wrap my mind around a car that small as a daily driver.

BTW- This 'POS' just outsold the Aveo in its first full month on the market...

I'd say thats more a testament to the selling power of the Toyota brand name these days. Even on truly uncompetitive cars, like the Yaris, the Toyota name manages to get people behind the wheel.

I'd say thats more a testament to the selling power of the Toyota brand name these days.  Even on truly uncompetitive cars, like the Yaris, the Toyota name manages to get people behind the wheel.

No argument. Press has been decidedly mixed on this car, but a 15k Toyota will sell if reasonably designed---the Scions are a huge success for this reason as well...although I can't see why someone would buy this car when a loaded, more practical xA is right across the showroom floor.

No argument. Press has been decidedly mixed on this car, but a 15k Toyota will sell if reasonably designed---the Scions are a huge success for this reason as well...although I can't see why someone would buy this car when a loaded, more practical xA is right across the showroom floor.

I don't know why anyone would by EITHER car, when 15k can get you a damn nice used Accord, Altima, Maxima, or Civic.

yea i agree... if you cant afford a regular car get a regualr used car...

Yes... even with my Honda dislike I'd rather have a 120,000 mile

1994 Civic than this little booger.