It's That Time Again....Guess What I Bought This Time

Frisky Dingo

Even though it's not mine per se, I'm honestly thrilled with it. The little thing is a damn rocket ship for what it is, and it's getting 7-8 mpg better than the 4Runner. All while having better visibility and being much friendlier toward city use. My wife loves it, and it's hard for her to really get excited by autos, so I'm happy with it.

Very nice, I missed that as I looked at the rav4 but did not see a V6 listed for a powertrain upgrade. Cool, it is much smaller than your 4Runner and hopefully better on gas.

Yeah I was only thinking of current models so I completely skipped past a v6 Rav 4. I was so confused because it said it was in 1 of the last 3 posts but we already listed all the "current" v6's. 

NICE lookin lil SUV! Are those factory 18's? They're a sharp looking wheel and, as most know, I love black vehicles! Just get a little tint up front to match the rears...mmm hmmmm.

Very nice, I missed that as I looked at the rav4 but did not see a V6 listed for a powertrain upgrade. Cool, it is much smaller than your 4Runner and hopefully better on gas.

Yeah I was only thinking of current models so I completely skipped past a v6 Rav 4. I was so confused because it said it was in 1 of the last 3 posts but we already listed all the "current" v6's. 

NICE lookin lil SUV! Are those factory 18's? They're a sharp looking wheel and, as most know, I love black vehicles! Just get a little tint up front to match the rears...mmm hmmmm.

Yeah, factory 18's. It's really a slick little package. The Sport also drops the ungainly rear spare on the back hatch for a cleaner look.  Drove 120 miles home last night in a mix or freezing rain, sleet, and snow, and the thing did awesome. Very pleased with it. And it even handles quite well as a bonus.

Well, I should get some sort of credit as I did get the Toyota replaces Toyota comment right.   :closedeyes:

:D

Well, Frisky.

You just gave me another way I could use this emoticon...

:Toyota:

In all seriousness though.

Good for you for that purchase.

If that is what the doctor ordered for your family needs and pocket book, regarding fuel economy and such, so be it!

Rav mothereffin 4.

In all its CUV cuteness and all. 

The 4Runner was such a GREAT SUV.

A REAL SUV...*SIGH*

The RAV4...SIGH*  a soccer mom appliance. *SIGH*...

But, HEY!  

THAT is the right vehicle choice for you! GOOD ON YOU!

^^^^

YES...ALL SARCASTIC this tone is!!!

(But you snickered and DENOUNCED the minivan suggestion...yet the RAV mothereffin 4... :palm: )

SERIOUSLY THOUGH!!!!

:jump:

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW ACQUISITION!

ENJOY IT! 

FILL IT UP WITH KIDS!!!

YES...GET CRACKIN'!

Edited by oldshurst442

Does it drive differently/better than the Camry V6? Because I don't like how those drive at all.

Believe it or not, it drives absolutely nothing like a V6 Camry. Aside from the power delivery, it's wholly different. The steering is naturally weighted, precise, and has decent feel. Overall, it is much more enjoyable to drive, and much sportier and competent for what it is than a V6 Camry, even the SE model. It uses the exact same V6, so it's got 268hp, and it does well with it. It does use the older 5AT rather than the 6AT, though.

My wife liked the practicality and seating position of a SUV/CUV, and I wanted to keep AWD. From there it was a pretty easy candidate because it's the only thing out there aside from new offerings that has good power but is still fuel efficient. And their AWD system is actually pretty good.

Well, I should get some sort of credit as I did get the Toyota replaces Toyota comment right.   :closedeyes:

:D

Well, Frisky.

You just gave me another way I could use this emoticon...

:Toyota:

In all seriousness though.

Good for you for that purchase.

If that is what the doctor ordered for your family needs and pocket book, regarding fuel economy and such, so be it!

Rav mothereffin 4.

In all its CUV cuteness and all. 

The 4Runner was such a GREAT SUV.

A REAL SUV...*SIGH*

The RAV4...SIGH*  a soccer mom appliance. *SIGH*...

But, HEY!  

THAT is the right vehicle choice for you! GOOD ON YOU!

^^^^

YES...ALL SARCASTIC this tone is!!!

(But you snickered and DENOUNCED the minivan suggestion...yet the RAV mothereffin 4... :palm: )

SERIOUSLY THOUGH!!!!

:jump:

CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW ACQUISITION!

ENJOY IT! 

FILL IT UP WITH KIDS!!!

YES...GET CRACKIN'!

I'll never have so many kids that I need a minivan. I have 2, and that's plenty. 

As for the vehicle, like you said, for what we need/want, it was just such an easy choice. And once my wife drove one, it sealed the deal. It's really a great little ride for what it is.

I did not know you had 2 kids already. I thought it was just you and your wife.

That is even better news that I learned from you today!

Yeah, Frisky.

The RAV4 is a good little car. Good choice!

(I just thougth Id post something funny. Whether my post translated into laughter or not, I tried.)

It's the 2GR-FE... which is an awesome V6 btw. I can't believe how good of a V6 it is.. Toyota hasn't needed to update it in a long time, and it's a creamy smooth engine too... I can't believe that it's not butter. I guess they could add D4-S port/direct injection and add 5 more years to its shelf life.

But no, it has not EcoBoost. 

• Agree 1

Congrats, the engine alone makes it a stand-out choice. 

It's the 2GR-FE... which is an awesome V6 btw. I can't believe how good of a V6 it is.. Toyota hasn't needed to update it in a long time, and it's a creamy smooth engine too... I can't believe that it's not butter. I guess they could add D4-S port/direct injection and add 5 more years to its shelf life.

I can attest to that. It was the only thing I really liked about my Avalon. I had nearly 60k of trouble-free miles, many including some heavy right foot usage.

Does it drive differently/better than the Camry V6? Because I don't like how those drive at all.

Believe it or not, it drives absolutely nothing like a V6 Camry. Aside from the power delivery, it's wholly different. The steering is naturally weighted, precise, and has decent feel. Overall, it is much more enjoyable to drive, and much sportier and competent for what it is than a V6 Camry, even the SE model. It uses the exact same V6, so it's got 268hp, and it does well with it. It does use the older 5AT rather than the 6AT, though.

My wife liked the practicality and seating position of a SUV/CUV, and I wanted to keep AWD. From there it was a pretty easy candidate because it's the only thing out there aside from new offerings that has good power but is still fuel efficient. And their AWD system is actually pretty good.

Good to know! Thanks for your impressions. I've heard good things about the Rav4 V6, but after driving a '14 Camry SE V6 it was hard to believe Toyota has any idea how to tune a FWD car so it doesn't suck. I trust your opinion though.

Edited by cp-the-nerd

Toyota already makes such an engine, doesn't it? I find it hard to believe the Lexus 3.5L V6 with 300+ horsepower isn't based on the 2GR-FE.

Oh yeah, the 2GR-FSE.

Good point. But a quick wiki leak (I'm always going to call looking something up on wikipedia a Wiki-leak from now on).

Apparently the 2GR-FE was meant for transverse applications. So the 2GR-FSE isn't quite a plug n' play as as one could imagine (not that taking an engine for longitudinal and then tuning it for transverse is a trivial affair of any sort).

So frisky,

How'd you come about a RAV4? Did you any the missus look at it drive anything else?

I vaguely remembered positive driving impressions of them back when I sold Toyotas. Our dealer only ever stocked V6 Limiteds, though. But I knew the Sport came in V6 too, was far better looking, and actually had some worthwhile changes to suspension and what not. Lo and behold, our Toyota dealer just happened to have a used Limited V6, so I took it home for my wife to drive, and to refresh my memory. I still liked the way it drove, and she absolutely loved it. It's rare for my wife to actually have such a positive reaction for a car, so I knew it was the ticket. From there, it was just finding one close enough with good miles to buy. Ended up buying one from Ackerman Toyota there in STL.

We briefly considered leasing a new Rav Hybrid, but it made more sense to trade it on something used so we didn't waste our sales tax. Plus buying a used one gives us the freedom to get out of it whenever we feel like. Considered a new Renegade, new Malibu, and CX3 as well, but same deal. As soon as she said she liked the Rav V6, I was done. 

Edited by Frisky Dingo

St. Louis, Missouri 

Thanks, I have a ton of relatives in that area supposedly but never been there or met them. One day have to drive out and see what other Felts are like in the mid west. :P

St. Louis, Missouri 

Thanks, I have a ton of relatives in that area supposedly but never been there or met them. One day have to drive out and see what other Felts are like in the mid west. :P

Im envisioning this for you:

All in the name of fun...of course Mr DFELT! :D

St. Louis, Missouri 

Im envisioning this for you:

All in the name of fun...of course Mr DFELT! :D

:roflmao: So very true, after all with a last name of FELT, so many jokes, so little time!

Felt You!

:roflmao: