DECEMBER CAR SPOTTING THREAD

Robert Hall

I realized we were still posting in the November thread (though really months have little meaning).

Saw a very clean bronze '69 Olds 88 convertible today, top down.   And did a double take when I saw a gray Pontiac Torrent in a parking lot..forgot that vehicle even existed.  Looked like a 1st gen Equinox.

• 3 weeks later...

Took a ride with a buddy of mine on a continual prowl for a decent 1st gen Toronado.

Small town car lot was advertising a '66… but the amateur restoration still revealed too many concerns to seriously consider. He passed. Jump pack didn't have enough spark to start it, either. A shame of course, 'cause the '66 is rolling ARTWORK.

Lot also had a '70 Cadillac SdV, black.

I spotted a pair of M-Body Chrysler New Yorker 5th Aves today.  I actually pulled into the lot to take a look.  One is an '82 with leather interior one is an '86 with cloth interior. Both from the same estate.  Paint is a little rough on both as it was clearly an elderly driver parking by braille, but otherwise they look extremely clean.  The '82's interior looks just about perfect, the '86 has a few small holes in the cloth seats.   A friend of mine like these a lot so I sent the info to him

Came across a bunch of butt ugly i3 last night at the mall. One is bad enough but when you have multiple together it is a freakin Horror. Who ever thought that styling was cool needs to have a mental health screening.

Wow, I was reading that and I just had no clue what you were talking about. I thought you said 13 not i3. With the capitalized "I" it looked like a "1".  :banghead:

I'm yet to see one in person but they don't look too great in pictures. 

My bad, I have corrected it. i3's are BUTT UGLY!

post-12-0-04807600-1450800627_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-54723000-1450800628_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-34023500-1450800629_thumb.jpg

Solid Color one has 16K miles on it and reduced to $32K, is fully loaded but still over priced for what you get.

Wow, I was reading that and I just had no clue what you were talking about. I thought you said 13 not i3. With the capitalized "I" it looked like a "1".  :banghead:

attachicon.gifbmwi3-inline2.jpg

attachicon.gifi3BMWBellevue.jpg

attachicon.gifi3BMWBellevueSolidColor.jpg

Solid Color one has 16K miles on it and reduced to $32K, is fully loaded but still over priced for what you get.

They seem kind of neat/quirky in pictures but I have to believe they are a mess in person. 

$h!, 32k for one of those used? How large/small are they? What would they be compared to? Fiesta? Focus? Spark? 

It must have been old car day today.  I picked up my car from the mechanic after inspection and getting some small things done, so I'm riding around in my '81. On the way home I passed a Cordoba, a '78 Coupe Deville, and a '71 Ford LTD. 

Leaving work this afternoon, saw an eclectic mix, not unusual for Scottsdale.  A slammed white Audi S5 coupe followed by a sharp dark blue w/ white interior '66 Buick Electra ragtop, top down (even though it's overcast and 56), followed by a slammed bright blue Audi S4 sedan.   Then in the opposite direction a mile or so later, an orange McLaren P1 side by side with a red Mercedes AMG GT coupe.    Then closer to home in Phoenix, I saw a dark bronze Aston Martin Rapide..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

They seem kind of neat/quirky in pictures but I have to believe they are a mess in person. 

$h!, 32k for one of those used? How large/small are they? What would they be compared to? Fiesta? Focus? Spark? 

For me they are in the Spark size and yes in real life they are a mess. Neighbor bought one and already decided it was just too much of a mess and limited driving for their use. He had to pay big time to get out of the lease.

For me they are in the Spark size and yes in real life they are a mess. Neighbor bought one and already decided it was just too much of a mess and limited driving for their use. He had to pay big time to get out of the lease.

Spark size!?! No thank you, easily. Dang, I wouldn't want to get stuck in a lease with something like that but I guess even had they financed it you'd be out big bucks to trade it in or sell it out right in less than a year or two.