Beautiful Cars Appreciation Thread

oldshurst442

Interesting mix of stuff, especially the cathedral

On 8/30/2023 at 4:38 PM, oldshurst442 said:

Plymouth Belvedere - Fury Market - CLASSIC.COM

Vintage SCI Review: 1957 Plymouth Fury – The Best All-Round Performance Car  Of Its Time? | Curbside Classic

1957 Plymouth Belvedere - Drive

Vintage SCI Review: 1957 Plymouth Fury – The Best All-Round Performance Car  Of Its Time? | Curbside Classic

1957 Plymouth Belvedere - Drive

That Fury is a rare damn car. The Fury owners club suggests that about 150 are left on the planet.  they were never offered in Red, that is fiction from Stephen King. And also, they used lower model cars other than Fury's for many of the cars in the film. 

Jeep outside of the Ford dealer when I dropped the Ranger off for its 100,000 mile service. Seems like yesterday I bought it, the wife and I have really been travelling to new places and enjoying it. 

IMG_7251.thumb.jpg.46c815ac7ad05be27a7b67837fb7e9c5.jpg

I no longer want a Wrangler, would prefer a Bronco but not this next one...

IMG_7244.thumb.jpg.ec6f6f745c4f980c04013ee2cbcfe55d.jpg

Woman who previously owned that was a breast cancer survivor. She did it up in Pink as a memento to her survival, it originally was dark green. 

IMG_7242.thumb.jpg.09f6a26225cdd275c2b88a4246a51e2b.jpg

Old school Bronco 2 in the service bay when I dropped the Ranger off...

IMG_7241.thumb.jpg.8c5f8c076b74f88c04b9f6737073a19b.jpg

This clean Prelude was there as well, have not seen one of those in awhile. 

IMG_7232.thumb.png.c3d6e97d0fc2d6ea39625a8994ecc284.png

Rare "Montreal special" Canadian edition bathroom at another dealership I visited..

• Haha 2

IMG_7227.thumb.jpg.ebfaa07d58c7bab532c3aa8458af72dd.jpg

Saw this on a car at work this morning, proud of my own son who is an Eagle Scout. 

IMG_7212.thumb.png.f0038238ed199bb2665b479e09988fb2.png

I am as sarcastic as ever, good chatting with you folks. 

IMG_7206.thumb.png.4ee1ac0c36ec33624adbfc813067ddb4.png

Why I enjoy wrenching on cars...

If Olds can post music I can also, Blink 182 in vinyl on my stereo. 

IMG_7197.thumb.jpg.345308a7dace6e529146ebeddde398c8.jpg

IMG_7195.thumb.jpg.8ffe7ef39ad34cfdd5b74424577376f5.jpg

IMG_7193.thumb.jpg.dc564f5fe600efc3f9cf481e0ca27e3e.jpg

IMG_7190.thumb.jpg.61530cce44454e2aff64a93f41513e8b.jpg

Lastly, a fortune cookie. i am trying to expand my automotive horizons, but VERY little being currently built interests me at all. 

• Haha 1

IMG_7149.thumb.jpg.fc020ad4aaf163ad65464401b60942cb.jpg

From a music standpoint though, Bluegrass is always awesome. 

I still love Shoebox Fords...

IMG_7147.thumb.png.da2fa263e5d1f7c1c216957fdb9e77b9.png

IMG_7090.thumb.jpg.4ae29d854790edd397ed76ddd8dde3ff.jpg

You don't often see a Land Rover as a wide load chase vehicle...

• Haha 1

IMG_7087.thumb.png.2825c5771d326235262404ad84f8a342.png

Like a B-17 tail gunner...

IMG_6873.thumb.jpg.e58c71cb6d8dd7066566f71e0775ec6c.jpg

Why the Ranger is at 100K, from a hike my wife and I did in Indiana. Heading to Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma in a couple of weeks. 

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Interesting mix of stuff, especially the cathedral

yeah...

I heard Heart's Who Will You Run To on the radio several days ago. Havent heard that song in a loooooong time. Forgot it existed but always had their other hits on my mind. Regardless, as soon as I heard it and the song remained in my mind ever since, tons of memories flooded my mind from that time period.  1987 to be exact. 

Those are pictures of Montreal. The church is right next to the Eaton center downtown and was 'lifted' to expand our underground city. In 1987...   Along with the Champ-de-Mars pictures, the area, and all of Old Montreal really, is what keeps on playing in my mind as the songs make me reminisce of 1987.  Heart and Soul is also a song that I think about when I think about Downtown Montreal and Old Montreal in 1987. 

The song Alone, also in 1987, makes me think about my highschool. And yup, that would be my highschool. The other buidling is Paul Sauve arena. I used to play hockey for my highschool in that arena. It was close to my highschool as you could guess. 

That specific Hitachi VCR and the cable channel box is what we owned in that time period. The cars play a part of my life as well during this time.   

Went to Greece for a couple of months that summer. I got a different set of music and cars for those memories of Greece.

Yup, that post was a very personal one.  The memories are still vivid in my mind. 

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

If Olds can post music I can also, Blink 182 in vinyl on my stereo. 

LOL

I do it with some sort of connection to the cars I post.  Meaning, I have a car or cars in mind, then I partner them to songs.  Different reasons on how I partner up cars to the songs.  

But you do you.  Just entertain us is what I ask.  

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Rare "Montreal special" Canadian edition bathroom at another dealership I visited..

Funny, but I dont understand or I dont know of this "Montreal special Canadian edition" bathroom is all about. 

Hopefully its not how foreigners think about Montreal.

But then again our Olympic stadium might have influenced the foreigner views of our city. 

Montreal Olympic Stadium

Toilet bowl and the surrounding pathways are the pvc piping in the picture there... 

11 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

yeah...

I heard Heart's Who Will You Run To on the radio several days ago. Havent heard that song in a loooooong time. Forgot it existed but always had their other hits on my mind. Regardless, as soon as I heard it and the song remained in my mind ever since, tons of memories flooded my mind from that time period.  1987 to be exact. 

Those are pictures of Montreal. The church is right next to the Eaton center downtown and was 'lifted' to expand our underground city. In 1987...   Along with the Champ-de-Mars pictures, the area, and all of Old Montreal really, is what keeps on playing in my mind as the songs make me reminisce of 1987.  Heart and Soul is also a song that I think about when I think about Downtown Montreal and Old Montreal in 1987. 

The song Alone, also in 1987, makes me think about my highschool. And yup, that would be my highschool. The other buidling is Paul Sauve arena. I used to play hockey for my highschool in that arena. It was close to my highschool as you could guess. 

That specific Hitachi VCR and the cable channel box is what we owned in that time period. The cars play a part of my life as well during this time.   

Went to Greece for a couple of months that summer. I got a different set of music and cars for those memories of Greece.

Yup, that post was a very personal one.  The memories are still vivid in my mind. 

LOL

I do it with some sort of connection to the cars I post.  Meaning, I have a car or cars in mind, then I partner them to songs.  Different reasons on how I partner up cars to the songs.  

But you do you.  Just entertain us is what I ask.  

Life is amazing in that regards as two critical points in my life was my college days in Japan for my love of the R33 and R34 Skyline cars and Depech Mode Music for the Masses concert I went to in Japan. Otherwise all my other music connection from College is Jazz, specifically Keiko Matsui - YouTube and toshiki kadomatsu - YouTube

For Keiko, the first time I saw her and heard here was her Dream Walk Concert and got her album.
Keiko Matsui — Dream Walk (youtube.com)

For Toshiki it was his Sea is a Lady Album, My wife walked down the asle to his June Bride music on this Album.