Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

Finally, Stevens Pass where I ski posted our end of the Year SpringFest 2017 VIDEO. It was an awesome day of skiing, live bands, Beer, Wine and crazy antics on the mountain in the snow! :metal:

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

I want to live my next life backwards:

You start out Dead and get that out of the way first!

Then you wake up in a nursing home feeling better every day.

Then you get kicked out for being too healthy. Enjoy your retirement and collect your pension.

Then you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work 40+ years until your too young to work.

You get ready for High School: Drink alcohol, party, and generally promiscuous.

Then you go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, and you have no responsibilities.

Then you become a baby, and then... you spend your last 9 months floating peacefully in Spa-like conditions - Central Heating, room service on tap, and then...

You finish off as an Orgasm!

The Movie "The Curios Case of Benjamin Button" is awesome and is just what this is. :) 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, dfelt said:

George Carlin (1937 - 2008)

I want to live my next life backwards:

You start out Dead and get that out of the way first!

Then you wake up in a nursing home feeling better every day.

Then you get kicked out for being too healthy. Enjoy your retirement and collect your pension.

Then you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day. You work 40+ years until your too young to work.

You get ready for High School: Drink alcohol, party, and generally promiscuous.

Then you go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, and you have no responsibilities.

Then you become a baby, and then... you spend your last 9 months floating peacefully in Spa-like conditions - Central Heating, room service on tap, and then...

You finish off as an Orgasm!

The Movie "The Curios Case of Benjamin Button" is awesome and is just what this is. :) 

I love Carlin!

18 hours ago, dfelt said:

Awesome! :metal:

Gotta love it...although that Ford was one beautiful truck also!

6 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I love Carlin!

Gotta love it...although that Ford was one beautiful truck also!

Very True, both trucks were nice, the Ford was a nice build, yet we can clearly see the benefit of AWD getting the power down via 4 wheels over two.

The only GM vehicle I want.  Watched many a video of the first drives and it is very impressive.  Weirdly enough, I I priced out a similar Z71 and ZR2 and was within roughly 2500 of each other.  the ZR2 is a freaking bargain. 

c0d295667346be744547ed2523abf685.jpg

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Well, the world of music just took a another huge hit. 

RIP Chris Cornell. 

For me, musically, this truly sucks ass. 

I've been in shock all day..been a huge fan since first hearing Soundgarden...love them and Audioslave, along w/ his solo work..what a voice.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I've been in shock all day..been a huge fan since first hearing Soundgarden...love them and Audioslave, along w/ his solo work..what a voice.

Same here. I don't normally get this way when a celebrity or a musician dies but he is the main reason why I stated singing live in the first place, way back in '91. It connected to me in more ways than I ever thought possible. 

• Agree 3

23 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Well, the world of music just took a another huge hit. 

RIP Chris Cornell. 

For me, musically, this truly sucks ass. 

Grunge started here in Seattle, Big hit, the locals are very upset and many tributes to him.

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/music/tears-laughter-flow-from-crowd-of-400-at-chris-cornell-wake-at-kexp/ 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Grunge started here in Seattle, Big hit, the locals are very upset and many tributes to him.

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertainment/music/tears-laughter-flow-from-crowd-of-400-at-chris-cornell-wake-at-kexp/ 

Early reports (mostly form his wife) state that he may have taken more than the recommended dosage of Ativan. His wife remarked that sounded very different on the phone after the show and was slurring his speech. He also told her he may have taken more than he was supposed to. Ativan is typically prescribed for anxiety but it carries the same side effects as just about every other anxiety med out there, suicidal thoughts in rare cases. This would certainly explain a lot but it makes it no less tragic. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Early reports (mostly form his wife) state that he may have taken more than the recommended dosage of Ativan. His wife remarked that sounded very different on the phone after the show and was slurring his speech. He also told her he may have taken more than he was supposed to. Ativan is typically prescribed for anxiety but it carries the same side effects as just about every other anxiety med out there, suicidal thoughts in rare cases. This would certainly explain a lot but it makes it no less tragic. 

The very first report released stated he was found on the floor and had a band around his neck. Police are officially calling it a suicide by hanging.

33 minutes ago, cp-the-nerd said:

The very first report released stated he was found on the floor and had a band around his neck. Police are officially calling it a suicide by hanging.

And that definitely but I am betting my bottom dollar on the Ativan being the main culprit. My years working in behavioral health have shown me what can happen when you take too much of that mess, especially if you have a history of depression. Just very sad for his family having to deal with this. 

10 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

And that definitely but I am betting my bottom dollar on the Ativan being the main culprit. My years working in behavioral health have shown me what can happen when you take too much of that mess, especially if you have a history of depression. Just very sad for his family having to deal with this. 

Ok, I just thought you were saying it was a drug OD. Nvm.

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

Didn't Ford offer a V8 TWENTY THREE YEARS before Chevrolet did? :P

Chevy had a short-lived V8 in 1917-1918, and none again until 1955.. Ford's first was was the flathead in 1932? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Series_D

• Agree 1

On 5/20/2017 at 9:26 PM, balthazar said:

Didn't Ford offer a V8 TWENTY THREE YEARS before Chevrolet did? :P

Yes, Yes he did Master Yoda. Chevy paid the highest compliment by coping and then building a better small block that everyone loves to have. :P:D 

Gotta love Nature hitting back. Sad for the Elephants, but no love for wanna be hunters aka big game hunters. Real hunters only kill for food.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trophy-hunter-dies-after-wounded-elephant-crushes-him-in-zimbabwe/ar-BBBnAVE?li=BBnbfcL

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

But they look so "purty" in there! 

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

Yes, Yes they doo look Pretty in there. Amazing that for the Mustang and Wrangler, the most common transplant is a GM small block put into those auto's.

Nothing like a 502 GM V8 in your Wrangler! :D

hqdefault.jpg

• Agree 1

New Jeep truck caught, has a solid front axle and coil springs.  i think this is my new number 1 because a Rubicon version is sure to show up.  ZR2 is still a close second, though the FE is shockingly low.  

Demon priced from 84,995, way cheaper than i imagined and gives me hop the GC Hellcat will be well below 100k, I am guessing 75kish.

I hate putting the wrong engines in the wrong makes.  The 5.0 (old or new) in a Fox is just where it should be.  Same with an SBC and the Camaro.  Now, there are exceptions.  Imports (IE 240SK and RX7, with SBCs works because their home companies really do not offer a great V8 of their own.  And the reason for the SBC in older Jeeps is ease of transplant and cheap availability.  

I will amend & agree with Stew's point- if there's a viable familial engine for your Brand X, use it.
If you're hot rodding a Kaiser, perhaps an LS motor is a pretty stout idea.

I want to make my B-59 quick, and while it's original 401 would've been up to the task, the trans, driveline & rear were not.
But never for one split second was a Chevy engine considered, especially when there was a higher power (stock) BBB 455 readily available.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, balthazar said:

At a major U.S. highway intersection, saw a old prius, with headlights nearly as yellowed as Velveeta, pulled over onto the busy shoulder, the driver emptying a 1-gal can of gas into the tank.

Only a matter of time before this would be seen, but in Washington where Prius are very popular, I am seeing more gen 1 & 2 types on the side of the roads. After all they are over 100K miles and in many cases people are not doing the maintenance.

8 hours ago, dfelt said:

Only a matter of time before this would be seen, but in Washington where Prius are very popular, I am seeing more gen 1 & 2 types on the side of the roads. After all they are over 100K miles and in many cases people are not doing the maintenance.

They almost don't need any. I've seen so many Toyotas that have been terribly, woefully unmaintained that still run and drive great. How they even run at all is a wonder.

20 hours ago, balthazar said:

8b24220v-1.jpg

Art imitating life?

CASA DELLA TIRES14a13cec388c476d855582505444.jpg

*************************************************************************************************

10 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Now I just need to make space in my powder room for it!

FB_IMG_1495751981562.jpg

Yuck!

I thought gay guys had style???!!!

I guess its not good to stereotype! :P

Edited by oldshurst442

I like laughing at terrible taste....and I find the fact that some small bit of engineering went into creating that monstrosity to be hilarious.

There is a Facebook page called The Kitsch Bitsch. If you like laughing at terrible taste and style... That's the page for you.

• Agree 2