Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

1 hour ago, FordCosworth said:

And here is another shot of VancouverVancouver 2.jpeg

From your favorite Prime Minister's international airport of Montreal!

The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Airport in Montreal

montreal-que-april-11-2017-the-sign-on-p

Season #2 starts tonight and this is how Montreal greets its visitors as of yesterday!

So.....how are those Canucks doing?

Yeah....I guess that is why political talk is front and center, Vancouverites have nothing better to do just talk shyte about Liberal this and Liberal that...

Well, had the Canucks made the playoffs, ya'll be complainin' about Marchand....

Did anyone saw the Ford GT on the Top Gear where Matt LeBlanc tested it?

Amazing car, too bad they could not test it on their circuit for time.

Here is probably the coolest feature of the car, entering the Race Mode

Edited by ykX

Hello McFly, did you forget to use the pass through on the rear seat and have it stick straight out the back?

@ccap41 Dude I thought you lived in the 21st century suburbs not in the rednecks of the 19th suburbs? ;)

JK, but that is freaking funny and WTF post of the day! :metal: 

26 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Hello McFly, did you forget to use the pass through on the rear seat and have it stick straight out the back?

@ccap41 Dude I thought you lived in the 21st century suburbs not in the rednecks of the 19th suburbs? ;)

JK, but that is freaking funny and WTF post of the day! :metal: 

Hahaha right?!?! I actually missed my turn(knowingly) because I needed to snag this picture.

Funny enough, I didn't even think of the pass through, myself. :duh:

Why is it that when you need a cop, you can never find one, yet a couple cops get shot by bad guys doing their job and every branch of every service shows up.  Seattle Police, TSA, ATF, Federal, County, etc.

SeattleCopShooting.jpg

Then they stand around socializing

SeattleCopShooting1.jpg

Yes 3 teens probably strung out on drugs rob a 7-11 that is in a federal building and boom. The world has imploded. So crazy yesterday as this took place 1 block up from work. Lucky I had customer briefings all day till 6pm so by the time I was ready to go home everything was back to normal.

Forgot about this thread.

Couple things-

I'm supposed to close on my house next week, so that's exciting. But I also dread moving.

I almost got wiped out a few days ago on the highway. Was getting off at an exit and some dickwad in an ATS-V was passing in it doing probably 120 ish. Totally came out of nowhere. He had to veer over onto the shoulder and I back into my lane to keep from having a collision.

^^^  jacked up rear ends...and I guess its the image of a Civic rather than a muscle car.

Image result for mercedes benz w114 custom

This one made me chuckle...and admired at the same time.

Its a lost art to see cars this way. I prefer jacked up rear ends rather than super low or hellaflush...

11 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

^^^  jacked up rear ends...and I guess its the image of a Civic rather than a muscle car.

Its a lost art to see cars this way. I prefer jacked up rear ends rather than super low or hellaflush...

I remember long ago kids would take old muscle cars and add big rear tires and air shocks so they would sit that way....I remember seeing examples of the genre when in high school 30 years ago...my older brother did it to various cars he had in the 70s. 

15 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Nicely Done :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I remember long ago kids would take old muscle cars and add big rear tires and air shocks so they would sit that way....I remember seeing examples of the genre when in high school 30 years ago...my older brother did it to various cars he had in the 70s. 

Yup....I remember this all well.

Even on vans.

Something like that:

69z28rear-vi.jpg

tumblr_lz5jqmIRgD1qingg5o1_1280.jpg

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

I remember Cragar SS mags everywhere

d62287a9e99f8d30170a274762670e64.jpg

from 1974/1975/1976 Pontiac Trans Ams to 1971-1974 Plymouth Satellite/Roadrunners to 1968-1969 Chevrolet Camaros/Pontiac Firebirds to Chevy Vans

9718654941482b926deeb89dd0e4a244.jpg

1ca769722a675d7dd4468729e77bee9a.jpg

And they were all jacked up like in those pics!

I guess, any which way you look at it, the more things change the more they stay the same. All the crazy things young guys and gals do to their rides...

206f3b733d61bf33d2f931e1b5e0ffc5.jpg

Stance is everything though.

And depending what you want your project car to be, its all good.

If I was doing a tuner Civic, then that Civic above is where Id wanna be..

If I was doing a 1950s or 1960s American Cruiser, then a slight rake but with ample ground clearance in the front like Balthy's example is where Id be.

A resto-mod pro touring 1970 Olds 442 would be level and low to the ground (not too low, but in today's standards for perfect handling and braking low)

But, Id also love to do a 1970s themed muscle car and it be jacked in the back, baby!!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Goin' to the local car shoe tomorra, bringing the COE. If she co-operates by operatin'. Wish me luck! :D

EDIT/UPDATE : went 1.2 miles down the road & back, in a 'pre-flight' test, and everything went fine. Until I got back in the driveway and the generator started it's squealing thing. Not wanting to risk any sort of catastrophic failiure on the planned 9 mile round trip, I abandoned the show. Guess I have to order a new generator.

Actually went to the show sans COE, so. many. Mustangs. and Camaros. BO-RING!!

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Stew said:

Interesting to see Fusion Sports in some paces with over 8 grand off putting them in the mid 20k range.   Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

hmmmm...as a guy looking for a sporty family car, that suddenly becomes very affordable.

Still prefer the GTI.

3 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

hmmmm...as a guy looking for a sporty family car, that suddenly becomes very affordable.

Still prefer the GTI.

True, 2 totally different cars though.  The GT1 will run circles around the Usion in the handline department and comes with better equipment standard, but the Fusion "should" have a better ride and more room.  Plus the AWD is nice, Now if we were comparing a Golf R........

5d4c285b4c5347f782f08dc62b18c03f.jpg

I like this one, but it is in Michigan.  Of course i do not recall any of the Ford dealers here even having a Sport for sale.  They usually get SEs with the 2.5.....

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=430549838&zip=41501&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D41501%26showcaseOwnerId%3D67968%26startYear%3D2017%26sortBy%3DdistanceASC%26maxPrice%3D26000%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D0%26endYear%3D2018%26modelCodeList%3DFUSION%26makeCodeList%3DFORD%26searchRadius%3D0%26trimCodeList%3DFUSION%7CSport&startYear=2017&numRecords=25&maxPrice=26000&firstRecord=0&endYear=2018&modelCodeList=FUSION&makeCodeList=FORD&searchRadius=0&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=FUSION

Edited by Stew

1 minute ago, Stew said:

True, 2 totally different cars though.  The GT1 will run circles around the Usion in the handline department and comes with better equipment standard, but the Fusion "should" have a better ride and more room.  Plus the AWD is nice, Now if we were comparing a Golf R........

The Fusion Sport is a really fine car...I am really starting to dig Ford's front end treatments.  They age really well styling wise, and I like how athletic they make the car look.

...and a Golf R would be my choice for a car at any price point I think....if I could have any car on the planet right now, methinks it would be a Golf R.

Give me room for a second garage (first garage is packed completely full of woodworking tools) and I would happily put a 56 Ford F100 next to that R.

That would be my dream garage at the moment...Frisky can keep the other three rides for himself in the dream car department.

On 4/26/2017 at 10:19 AM, A Horse With No Name said:

Still prefer the GTI.

I could totally go for a Fusion Sport for that price. 

8 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Random funny for the day (and somewhere, someone in an marketing department is banging their head against a brick wall)!

IMG_4738.PNG

Actually, my Ford PR contact just left and went to Nissan about 2 weeks ago. We're friends on Facebook.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I could totally go for a Fusion Sport for that price. 

Actually, my Ford PR contact just left and went to Nissan about 2 weeks ago. We're friends on Facebook.

Hope he was not responsible for that product or the ad lol.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Hope he was not responsible for that product or the ad lol.

No, he wasn't marketing.  He was the guy responsible for handling us media types in the mid-west.  Being based in Pittsburgh, I'm right on the dividing line, so I deal with both mid-west and east coast PR reps.  He is a good guy though and really put his heart into trying to do his best for Ford.  I know from personal discussions (as I said, we're at a friendship level as well) that he was very frustrated with the Ford corporate bureaucracy. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

No, he wasn't marketing.  He was the guy responsible for handling us media types in the mid-west.  Being based in Pittsburgh, I'm right on the dividing line, so I deal with both mid-west and east coast PR reps.  He is a good guy though and really put his heart into trying to do his best for Ford.  I know from personal discussions (as I said, we're at a friendship level as well) that he was very frustrated with the Ford corporate bureaucracy. 

No doubt. Bureaucracy sucks at every corporate job. It's not an easy job and you constantly have to play all sides to make it work. It is a thankless job from what I understand because of the corporate climate these days.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That has frustrated quite a few people from what I have heard...Iaccoca was quite outspoken about Ford Bureaucracy IIRC

• Agree 2

This totally made my day! It really is how I see the world and how I see humanity and for a Friday, what a great way to end the work week. Cheers Mates, May you all have an awesome weekend. I will be cracking a bottle of wine after work today!

• Agree 2

32 minutes ago, dfelt said:

This totally made my day! It really is how I see the world and how I see humanity and for a Friday, what a great way to end the work week. Cheers Mates, May you all have an awesome weekend. I will be cracking a bottle of wine after work today!

Drink one for your comrades here in Ohio....

• Agree 2

Just drove the new XC90 for the first time and really, really, really disliked it. I can't even begin to wrap my head around how that thing gets so much praise.

On 4/23/2017 at 0:30 PM, cp-the-nerd said:

I did the thing. 6-speed manual. Life. Is. Good.

You bought this?!?!

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Just drove the new XC90 for the first time and really, really, really disliked it. I can't even begin to wrap my head around how that thing gets so much praise.

What did you dislike so much about it?

56 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

You bought this?!?!

Yes he bought an awesome performing sedan! Do you dislike it because it is not a VW with a DSG Trans and a Turbo 4 banger?

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Yes he bought an awesome performing sedan! Do you dislike it because it is not a VW with a DSG Trans and a Turbo 4 banger?

I think he is impressed with the SS...