Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

20 hours ago, ccap41 said:

So if he had sent an actual message via the internet that would make him a man?  Or calling somebody names on the internet makes somebody a man? Just trying to figure out this internet "coward"-ness.

I'd love to see you two meet in person. Guarantee with your love for each other you'd end up kissing in the back seat of an Uber on your way to one of each other's hotel rooms, if it wasn't the same room to begin with.

Honestly ccap41, you haven't the foggiest what you're talking about and it tells me a lot about your hobbies. Have fun on your date.

15 hours ago, FordCosworth said:

I love the smell of Lefty heads popping in the morning....

Smells like [sniffing, pondering]...VICTORY

So how was your head when a white Canadian killed six muslims in Quebec City? Did the double standard hurt much?

And here's a thought. Instead of offering meaningless one liners about your assumptions of other folks (like somehow assuming that I'm a "lefty" even though I have never voted democrat in my life) how about actually debating the posts that you wait daily to down vote? Back up your thoughts with reason and facts for once in your life.

Edited by surreal1272

22 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

No because again you haven't the foggiest what I'm referring to so maybe your best course of action is to not assume my intentions on anything. 

What do you mean I don't have the "foggiest" of what you're referring to? You're talking about cosworth's downvotes and one-liners. You even said so...

• Agree 1

A couple 'final day' pics from about a month ago....my sister finally got rid of the dead Mercedes from our carports, I had driven these cars quite a bit since moving to AZ in 2008.   They were money pits, glad neither of us will waste money on them again.   Both went to local Benz fanatics that want to get them on the road again.    The '91 300CE had a total electrical failure about a year ago (and a wiper motor fire), and the 500SEL hasn't been driven in about 5 years, was periodically started until I noticed all the gas pouring out under it.    Time to move on...one good thing about moving is it forces you to deal with the clutter from your life.   Once I get back to AZ next week and get back into packing, my Jeep will be the next to go, I can't see driving a 17 yr old vehicle w/ 170k on it 2000 miles...time for something fresh.  

3FFE556A-EC65-4ADA-824B-01389C372AB2.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

Assumptions huh? 

The best ASSumption is someone here assuming my one liner is about them... 

Maybe it's because you're not slick, cunning, or smart enough to mean anything else or in any other way. Even if it is not about me, the comment stands because you are assuming that about others here, like it is somehow an insult. It is right up there with calling folks "snowflakes" when most conservatives are the biggest snowflakes around (like the conservative snowflakes who want to boycott Starbucks because they dared to offer a helping hand to refugees around the world). Your intent was as obvious as every other "veiled" post you make regarding anyone that doesn't agree with you. It's the same line of "rationale" that got your buddy banned from here for a second time. How's that for an ASSumption?

Edited by surreal1272

Interesting.  C&D has an article on the new experition stating all of the aluminum drops 300 pounds.  interesting thing is that in a 2015 comparison of a loaded tahoe LTZ and a loaded expedition platinum the Expy was 500 pounds heavier which means even with the Aluminum body the new one is still around 200 pounds heavier than a current Tahoe. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

A couple 'final day' pics from about a month ago....my sister finally got rid of the dead Mercedes from our carports, I had driven these cars quite a bit since moving to AZ in 2008.   They were money pits, glad neither of us will waste money on them again.   Both went to local Benz fanatics that want to get them on the road again.    The '91 300CE had a total electrical failure about a year ago (and a wiper motor fire), and the 500SEL hasn't been driven in about 5 years, was periodically started until I noticed all the gas pouring out under it.    Time to move on...one good thing about moving is it forces you to deal with the clutter from your life.   Once I get back to AZ next week and get back into packing, my Jeep will be the next to go, I can't see driving a 17 yr old vehicle w/ 170k on it 2000 miles...time for something fresh.  

3FFE556A-EC65-4ADA-824B-01389C372AB2.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

Agree, time to enjoy something new and reliable. Always nice to clean house and not deal with old stuff. Wishing you all the best for your new choices of rides.

21 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

One must note there will be/are many features on this all new Expedition that we not available on the past gen or on the Tahoe.

I am very much interested in what those are, can you list them please. I am being serious as I like both but would love to know the differences. Thank you

We have this...

" Ford claims the 2018 Expedition has 40 new-to-the-model features and optional driver-assist technologies. Maneuvering is made easier with a 360-degree camera, parking sensors, and trailer backup assist. It also will offer lane-keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, pre-collision warning with automatic braking, and blind-spot monitoring. " 

C&D

• Agree 1

I have to say that I love my auto's to be Monochromatic and that I wish GM would stop having to have Chrome on Everything.

I would love a new Escalade or Yukon that was all Monochromatic with only the logo in the center of the grill.

I personally think this is a nice looking SUV

2017 Ford Explorer Sport.

Would have to do after market Rims as I would want them all black, Black Chrome would be a nice accent, but not regular chrome or the existing rims.

2017_Ford_Explorer_Sport.png

• Agree 1

It seems GM does offer monochrome versions of their trucks but not their SUVs?  They used to w/ some SUVs IIRC...the monochrome trim look seems like an 80s-90s thing...I could see offering it as an option, but I like chrome...not on wheels, but grilles, etc.  One trend I see is people doing everything blacked out incl. the badging...not for me, looks cheap, IMO...

15 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

We have this...

" Ford claims the 2018 Expedition has 40 new-to-the-model features and optional driver-assist technologies. Maneuvering is made easier with a 360-degree camera, parking sensors, and trailer backup assist. It also will offer lane-keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, pre-collision warning with automatic braking, and blind-spot monitoring. " 

C&D

Very cool, thanks for the link, looks like they have the same features now as GM. I wonder how hard it would be to get the programming of this motor with more HP and Torque and put it on the same TT V6 in the Explorer?

7 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

It seems GM does offer monochrome versions of their trucks but not their SUVs?  They used to w/ some SUVs IIRC...the monochrome trim look seems like an 80s-90s thing...I could see offering it as an option, but I like chrome...not on wheels, but grilles, etc.  One trend I see is people doing everything blacked out incl. the badging...not for me, looks cheap, IMO...

My 1994 GMC Suburban SLE is Monochromatic and I love the black grill with the Ruby Red GMC in the center. I then have Black Chrome rims on her.

53 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I have to say that I love my auto's to be Monochromatic and that I wish GM would stop having to have Chrome on Everything.

I would love a new Escalade or Yukon that was all Monochromatic with only the logo in the center of the grill.

Would have to do after market Rims as I would want them all black, Black Chrome would be a nice accent, but not regular chrome or the existing rims.

I, too, am a monochromatic type of person. I dislike most chrome.

4 hours ago, FordCosworth said:

We have this...

C&D

Which seem to be the same as what's available on the Tahoe. In fact, the only thing the Expy has is a turbo V6 and aluminum while still being 200lbs. heavier (probably missed one or two features I'm sure but the gist is there). Regardless, it is still a much better model than the aging one it replaces. 

4 hours ago, dfelt said:

I do like the sport model.....

19 hours ago, FordCosworth said:

One must note there will be/are many features on this all new Expedition that we not available on the past gen or on the Tahoe.

No features that are not available on the tahoe so the tahoe is at least 200 pounds LIGHTER no matter how you cut it.

19 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

I wonder if the new Expedition will still be V6 only?  That was an odd move.   I wonder if the weight difference vs the Tahoe was due to the age of the body and platform (warmed over 1997) and the IRS.

New 3.5 EB and 10 speed auto only

18 hours ago, FordCosworth said:

We have this...

C&D

See above.

I love the monchrome look too.  That said, if i needed a fullsize SUV it would be a Tahoe Z71 easily. 

maxresdefault.jpg

I like the look of the new Exp, but that said they seemed to have gleemed a lot from the Taho, Durango, and even some resemblance to the new Traverse. 

59 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

Also, earlier today I saw an Avalanche with a (model-specific) camper shell on it. It was rather bizarre looking, and I had no idea such a thing existed.

I saw a first gen Avalanche last week that someone had added cheesy chrome strips around the doors, where the plastic panels meet the body work, the edge of the hood, down the center of the hood, etc...

On 2/6/2017 at 7:51 PM, balthazar said:

Oh BOY; I can't WAIT to work on this mess on Wednesday (at least it's supposed to be like 56 out) :

2017-02-06.jpg

OUCH, what vehicle is that on?

Surprised by the new Mercedes-Benz AA class.

http://sundown.me.uk/technology/mercedes-aa-class.mp4

Awesome Indian Tight Parking!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8G2Mwid5GrCRzl4SkF1RFhQYTg/view?ts=580ca2fe

'97 E350 (the Ford, not mercedes). :P
It was as bad as it looked: outer bearing had catastrophic failure, cage was all bent up, dust cap was inside the hubcap and there were no rollers to be seen.  Rollers must've done so much tossing & turning inside the hub that they enlarged the rotors' hub to much it wouldn't take a new race but the spindle was fine with a bit of touch-up. I'm really not sure what happened; never saw something like this before.
So; replaced the rotor, bearings and dust cap. Seems good now.

Picture0208172140_1.jpg

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

'97 E350 (the Ford, not mercedes). :P
It was as bad as it looked: outer bearing had catastrophic failure, cage was all bent up, dust cap was inside the hubcap and there were no rollers to be seen.  Rollers must've done so much tossing & turning inside the hub that they enlarged the rotors' hub to much it wouldn't take a new race but the spindle was fine with a bit of touch-up. I'm really not sure what happened; never saw something like this before.
So; replaced the rotor, bearings and dust cap. Seems good now.

Picture0208172140_1.jpg

wow, that is amazing. Nice job on getting it fixed.

On 2/7/2017 at 9:35 AM, FordCosworth said:

Man you got some serious issues you need sorting out. 

And that is not an assumption.

Says the "man" calling others snowflakes when most conservatives are the biggest snowflakes around, including yourself. Again, you are not that slick or cunning so stop pretending to be. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, FordCosworth said:

Crying-baby-012.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=form

Feel better now that you cried that out?

Go read your status, look at your past status claims of rigged elections by Soros, check all the negative votes you gave a few months back (right before your buddy was banned), your insults towards other posters here (I am not talking about just myself here) and try to convince me that you are not the biggest snowflake here. 

In fact, you remind me of this. 

IMG_4459.JPG

Be careful. There may be a bad old Muslim knocking on your door. 

And you have the stupidity to call others "snowflakes". 

-------------

Back to a random thought,

Saw this yesterday (only in black) and wished I hadn't. 

IMG_4460.JPG

Edited by surreal1272

8 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Then why are you using it so much? Trying to "make a point" (via the internet)?

No, I understand what the term is "supposed" to mean. I just think it's funny when two people get in a pissin' match over who's the "real snowflake".

Politically Correct stuff pisses me off real quick. Can't say this, can't say that, every 0.001% of the population matters.

Your last sentence is key to this...

According to our Charter of Rights and Freedoms( Like your Constitution )  we’re all equal. Every individual (not a belief system or ideology) is equal before and under the law. We all have equal protections and benefit equally from the law. 

Next week, Members of Parliament will debate a motion to condemn islamophobia and track incidents of hate crime against muslims in the House of Commons next week.

Motion 103 was tabled by Mississauga, Ont., Liberal backbencher Iqra Khalid last fall, herself a muslim. We've seen what the results of " blasphemy laws " do in the islamic world. And now Canada is working toward its own " blasphemy law "??? 

In Canada, nobody get special treatment or protections. And since our Charter specifically states that, this Motion, if passed by Parliament, will go to the Supreme Court of Canada and be suspended.

Many Canadians are unaware that Canada continues to carry an anti-blasphemy law in the criminal code.   Criminal Code Section 296  is the law which has remained on Canadian books since 1892.  Blasphemy laws are, by their very design, contrary to the idea of secularism – the separation of church and religion from the state and laws which govern people.

Source:

http://centreforinquiry.ca/canadas-blasphemous-libel-law/

So my question is, if this law has been in Canada for over a century, why is it only now that certain folks are concerned? 

Edited by surreal1272

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Why is the Ecosport so far in the future?

What the heck, how did this post insinuate itself into my plans for today?

2017-toyota-chr-hybrid-suv-angular-front-radiant-green-mica-iceberg-roof.jpg

Is this Toyota's version of the Juke?

:puke: 

Buick ran high speed endurance tests @ Daytona in 1960, averaging 120 MPH for 10,000 miles. Part of that accomplishment was due to 'in-flight' refueling. 

At speeds up to 130 MPH, the car took 15 gallons every half hour. Fuel dispensing, under pressure, took 6 seconds.

60 Buick Daytona.jpg

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 3