Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

1 hour ago, William Maley said:

Some who are friends with me know that for the past few months, I have been churning out content for a personal blog. I haven't been consistent with it as much as I wanted to because of life and not feeling like writing after doing a bunch here and some other places. Yesterday, I published my latest piece and will hopefully try to get back on this horse.

You can check it out here - http://contradictoryenigmas.tumblr.com/

Cool, lok forward to checking this out over the weekend.

2 minutes ago, Stew said:

So, anybody want to buy a Beetle?

Is it one of those Egyptian ones? :P 

Something about fog lights, road debris, and flat tahrs?  Stew were you here when I had the passenger door window blown out of my TDi Beetle by an ol man mowing his yard?  The mower launched a small rock.  I thought it was Taliban at first but then I got really mad... no one is supposed to be blowing their yard crap into the street.

Edited by ocnblu

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Something about fog lights, road debris, and flat tahrs?  Stew were you here when I had the passenger door window blown out of my TDi Beetle by an ol man mowing his yard?  The mower launched a small rock.  I thought it was Taliban at first but then I got really mad... no one is supposed to be blowing their yard crap into the street.

Did the old Man replace the window?

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Haha, had a random flat, I think he road debris knocked the hose loose on my windshield washer bottle, blown foglight bulb, and my driver's window decided it isn;'t want to stay completely in track anymore.  Not big deals really and these winds and deer have made the roads crazy.  that said, at least I got a new heater for the house and new fridge yesterday to replace the one that decided to blow up haha. 

That said I now have my new phone loaded up with a couple 100 of my favorite songs and singing along in the Beetle and playing them through BT is still the most relaxing experience I have haha. 

Edited by Stew
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Stew said:

going from my usual late 90s/early 2ks (and a couple newer artist) rock to emotional classical today. 

Doing the opposite, finding hard rock and metal being inspirational...I have a lot to get done...!

7 minutes ago, Stew said:

My anxiety is bad today and some good classical helps to calm me haha. 

Good Classical is always relaxing but then some days you need Classic Rock! Today is one of them and this is my hit:

https://youtu.be/o1tj2zJ2Wvg 

Welcome to the Jungle! 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Good Classical is always relaxing but then some days you need Classic Rock! Today is one of them and this is my hit:

https://youtu.be/o1tj2zJ2Wvg 

Welcome to the Jungle! 

OH YES!  

Some days or me it is rock, some days classical, somedays give me some Johnny cash and little Dolly haha. 

9 minutes ago, Stew said:

They can be tough to deal with to say the least. 

...especially when you pass them on to your children and they have finals in college...

Looking forward to some time off next week and the week after...the last month has been very, very busy with work and buying a house...will be closing on my house in the land of Lake Effect snow in January, pretty happy about how everything is working out..will be moving in late Jan/early Feb and working from home for my Scottsdale client.

• Agree 1

^ Good luck on the house, CaM. A condo, I presume?

Today was my first day off since the 2nd. Fiddled with a battery cut-off switch & resulting wiring for the COE, then called it quits- it was 34 in the shop. Very close to getting a wood stove operational in there tho. 

Edited by balthazar

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

^ Good luck on the house, CaM. A condo, I presume?

Nope, a 1960s suburban split level w/ 2700 sq ft, 2 car garage and a big backyard.   Over twice the size and 1/2 the price of my Phoenix house.

16 hours ago, balthazar said:

Cool- GARAGE SPACE! ;)

Hope it works out you can put a 'toy' on one side in there.

Well, my 'toys' are about 90 miles away at the family farm ('69 Mustang and '87 Mustang GT)--my siblings and I inherited the house and land and each have 1/3 ownership (50 acres each).   Nice dry barn w/ 10 cars there now.. (went through the probate adventure over the summer). 

I'll be sharing my garage w/ my sister's Chevy Trax (she's going to split her time between Phoenix, Cleveland and the UK for the near future).. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

My wife lost her sister this year. She is executor to her estate. I had sticker shock when I learned of what her house in San Fran is worth. I had some idea, yet I had no idea.  How do people afford to live out there.

On 12/17/2016 at 3:56 PM, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Looking forward to some time off next week and the week after...the last month has been very, very busy with work and buying a house...will be closing on my house in the land of Lake Effect snow in January, pretty happy about how everything is working out..will be moving in late Jan/early Feb and working from home for my Scottsdale client.

I was going to ask what you were going to do with your job and all. 

So, as of friday afternoon, I finally pushed the procurement manager off of my project. This means that I have full control over my project and also full responsibility.  The bad news is that if the project were to fail, I now have the full blame.  The good news is that I'm in control now, so it's no longer going to fail. 

This project has been floundering for months because the procurement manager has ZERO technical ability and was trying to run the project through his office.  I've done this same type of project on a national level twice before, so I can almost do it in my sleep. 

• Agree 2

I think it is bad I start thinking about my next vehicle purchase before I get the tags on the last one haha.  mind you, i am thinking about what is new that that will be an awesome used deal in around 5 years.  So far 200S AWD, Fusion Sport, And 2017 Lacrosse AWD are talking to me.  Now, that gives me 3 options in 3 different price brackets.  Also really liking the Renegade Trailhawk and the new Compass Trailhawk. 

• Agree 1

Just did rear rotors & pads, Pitman & idler arms, external trans filter, checked rear fluid level, checked front brakes, lubed whole truck : '04 SIlverado 2500HD, 162K.
Major thanks to my buddy for letting me use his lift. Now the truck is road-ready: off to Wash D.C. tomm to inspect a '66 Toronado for sale

• Agree 4

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

Just did rear rotors & pads, Pitman & idler arms, external trans filter, checked rear fluid level, checked front brakes, lubed whole truck : '04 SIlverado 2500HD, 162K.
Major thanks to my buddy for letting me use his lift. Now the truck is road-ready: off to Wash D.C. tomm to inspect a '66 Toronado for sale

'66 Toronado.

Awesome find.

I have a split personality.  My dad's side of the family is more urban (especially his brother and sister and my late paternal grandparents) and my mom's side of the family is more rural.  I'm a bit of both and they pull me in different directions quite often.  This can manifest itself through my love of vehicles.  I currently own a 2015 Chevy Colorado pickup truck that I went through the trouble of factory ordering.  It has served its purpose very well since I took delivery of it on February 14th, 2015.  I traded in my 2013 Volkswagen Beetle TDi for it.

And again the angst is high to get into something new, and possibly a return to somewhere I've been before:  in the driver's seat of a Ford Fiesta.  2017 Fiesta SE hatch manual with Appearance Package and black alloys.  In Bohal Bay Mint.

vehicle.png

13 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I have a split personality.  My dad's side of the family is more urban (especially his brother and sister and my late paternal grandparents) and my mom's side of the family is more rural.  I'm a bit of both and they pull me in different directions quite often.  This can manifest itself through my love of vehicles.  I currently own a 2015 Chevy Colorado pickup truck that I went through the trouble of factory ordering.  It has served its purpose very well since I took delivery of it on February 14th, 2015.  I traded in my 2013 Volkswagen Beetle TDi for it.

And again the angst is high to get into something new, and possibly a return to somewhere I've been before:  in the driver's seat of a Ford Fiesta.  2017 Fiesta SE hatch manual with Appearance Package and black alloys.  In Bohal Bay Mint.

vehicle.png

Sounds like how it goes with me.  RIght now there are 5 vehicles in my driveway.  1999 Silverado SZ71, 01 Dakota Motorsports 4.7/manual, 2004 Dakota 4x4, 2011 Camry LE 4 cylinder, and the 12 Turbo Bug.  Previous vehicles include 2 MN12 T-Birds, 2 V8 swapped S-10s, 3 Talon TSi AWD, a 96 Roadmaster, 93 Fleetwood, 96 Caprice, Grand Prix GTP and more haha. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Frisky Dingo said:

I sold a 2016 Cayman GT4 yesterday. Damn, what a car.

Also got to take a 2017 RS7 Performance for a quick spin. Incredible cars.

SHHIIIITTTTTT I want an RS7(Performance or not) so freakin' bad...

15 hours ago, ocnblu said:

vehicle.png

Which engine is in the SE? Is that the 1.0T? If so, My buddy has one and he's let me drive it before... great freakin car. So much fun for a small package. The gearing was on the tall side but it is an economy car not the ST. I would easily consider one if I was in the market for this kind of car.