Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

1 minute ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I think it has less to do with party and more to do with position and ambition.  If you're from Kentucky, for example, there is no shame being a Congressman who drives a Camry because they are built there. Same thing for Passats and Tennessee, M-Classes and Alabama, and X5s and North Carolina.

However, once you set your sights on the White House or congressional leadership, then you probably would be best off switching to an American brand even if it isn't built in the US (Chrysler 300c and Cadillac XTS and Chevy Tahoe being not US built).

Point well made. 

Yet I always liked the idea that if I supported a US based company first before looking outside of our country and your neighbor had a job, things were far better.

I just love the idea of supporting America / North America first before any other place. :)

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

So your just 214 post away from admittance into the crazy zoo! :P 

Woot woot!

Anywho, I find it strange that i keep getting strangers striking up parking lot convos about the Beetle.  I mean, it isn't exotic, a musclecar, or a sports car.  I did get purchase offers on the Dakotas, but this is Eastern Ky so truck yeah and such. 

35 minutes ago, Stew said:

Woot woot!

Anywho, I find it strange that i keep getting strangers striking up parking lot convos about the Beetle.  I mean, it isn't exotic, a musclecar, or a sports car.  I did get purchase offers on the Dakotas, but this is Eastern Ky so truck yeah and such. 

i get a lot of attention in the MINI also.

I love your Beetle.  If vW hadn't shoved a stick...er...um...oak tree trunk in its eye with dieselgate and the other issues, I would like to own a Dune version of the new beetle.

50 minutes ago, Stew said:

It is cool.  I will just have to post a lot :D

Please do, I am loving the new group at C and G.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I recall that as a senator, President Obama drove a Chrysler 300c and then an Escape Hybrid.  McCain likes his DTSes (kinda no surprise there). Romney was all about the Cadillacs and Suburbans.  Bill Clinton had a vintage Mustang (or borrowed one because he loved it so much, can't remember). I doubt Hillary has driven herself anywhere in years.

Clinton's Mustang was a blue 67 6 cyl. convertible that was in a museum back in Arkansas last I knew.

43 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

However, once you set your sights on the White House or congressional leadership, then you probably would be best off switching to an American brand even if it isn't built in the US (Chrysler 300c and Cadillac XTS and Chevy Tahoe being not US built).

Probably a good idea if you run a business as well.

5 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

i get a lot of attention in the MINI also.

I love your Beetle.  If vW hadn't shoved a stick...er...um...oak tree trunk in its eye with dieselgate and the other issues, I would like to own a Dune version of the new beetle.

Please do, I am loving the new group at C and G.

I love Coopers, just such neat cars and little go karts.  Yeah, if I was buying new and didn't get the price I got on the bug I would have went elsewhere.  That said, I love my bu.  i still worry about reliability, but man it is so much fun and has been a great stress reliever :)

3 minutes ago, Stew said:

I love Coopers, just such neat cars and little go karts.  Yeah, if I was buying new and didn't get the price I got on the bug I would have went elsewhere.  That said, I love my bu.  i still worry about reliability, but man it is so much fun and has been a great stress reliever :)

I would worry more with many other cars, such as Hyundai.  Most of vW's problems are co0nsistant and known, so you can at least see them coming.

VW also has an enthusiastic fan base so it is often easy to find solutions to problems.

Just now, Stew said:

Good point.  Just wish my foot would quit getting heavier and heavier :D.  I would love to be able to get a newer 200 V6 as a daily driver and keep the bug as a toy.  I have put over 4000 miles on the bug and it hasn't even been 2 months yet lol.

I nicely equipped 200 V6 is a nice place to pass the miles...

2 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I really like them.  I liked the 4 clinder rental pretty good, though I would say that the 4 cylinder was probably m least favoite thing about it.  I would be plenty content with a Limited platinum with the V6 :)

14 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

And a heck of a value proposition.

Sunday dropped by a car lot for a few minutes just to relax before getting some things done in my workshop. They had a Hemi AWD 300 with every available option, 20,000 miles 1 1/2 years old for eighteen grand and change.

Chryco stuff is an insanely good deal used.

5 minutes ago, Stew said:

I really like them.  I liked the 4 clinder rental pretty good, though I would say that the 4 cylinder was probably m least favoite thing about it.  I would be plenty content with a Limited platinum with the V6 :)

That is one of the few cars that really can't/shouldn't try to get away with a naturally aspirated 4-cylinder.  It is excessively heavy for its size and in 4-cylinder guise, the transmission hunts for torque it will never find. 2.0T should be the bare minimum for that car. 

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

That is one of the few cars that really can't/shouldn't try to get away with a naturally aspirated 4-cylinder.  It is excessively heavy for its size and in 4-cylinder guise, the transmission hunts for torque it will never find. 2.0T should be the bare minimum for that car. 

I agree.  Honestly the only NA 4s in a midsize I would remotely consider would be the 6, Accord, or maybe the Altima.  It is a shame we will not get the MCE 200 because from what I have read the 2.0T was supposed to become part of the lineup then. 

9 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

And a heck of a value proposition.

Sunday dropped by a car lot for a few minutes just to relax before getting some things done in my workshop. They had a Hemi AWD 300 with every available option, 20,000 miles 1 1/2 years old for eighteen grand and change.

Chryco stuff is an insanely good deal used.

Wow, wish they had deals like that around here!  The V6s seem to drop fast, but the Hemis hold their value pretty well here. 

32 minutes ago, Stew said:

Oh, was talking my brother's CUE issues in another thread.  they ended up replacing the head unit.  He is ticked, but that isn't why.......  He is livid because his ATS had over 100 more miles on it when he picked it up than when he dropped it off. 

I would hope he files a formal complaint to GM about the dealership. That is bull. I always record and watch my miles and lucky for me never had that issue. It is wrong that mechanics think they have a free ride to rack up miles on a persons auto.

20 minutes ago, Stew said:

he is, hopefully they do something to make it right.

Yes, 

I wish him luck!  Thankfully I have an independent garage I can take my stuff where the owner is very ethical.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

OK, so where is this political thread. Looked and saw nothing.  Searched and found nothing.

Edited by Wings4Life
Never mind, found it.

8 minutes ago, balthazar said:

He not only did claim such, he claimed it again & again & again & again :
https://www.youtube.com/embed/66bgpRRSDD4

Give them hell Balthazar!

Feeling guilty because I am making my daughter finish cleaning out her cat's litter box before she finishes her homework.

On 5/27/2015 at 7:44 AM, Cmicasa the Great said:

a Job is a Job.. and next time U complain about what U have to wear to work.. think about what this guy has to go thru just to leave the house without people making fun of him.. including his kids

2cpx5rt.jpg:mellow:

Actually I know a couple of people that ahve done similar and enjoyed it.

21 minutes ago, Stew said:

We had our work thanksgiving dinner and now I feel like I just want to sleep.  Maybe not the most productive of decisions.......

...but it is the most enjoyable....

Couple of times this week sat down before I started a project and had a cat crawl up into my lap....that was all she wrote....

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

The ACA is a joke in clown shoes. 

Not going to make additional election comments here but I might be inclined to partially agree with you. 

Moving on from the election, having fun thinking of what to replace the TDI with.  Car shopping is a lot of fun.

Right now, a WRX is at the top of the list, although there are a couple of other products I really like....the  Acura TLX and the IS series Lexus come to mind.

Will probably drive the GTI and Focus ST again, two cars I dearly dearly love, but I think that is going to be irrelevant as I like the WRX that much better.

Will drive the SI Civic when it comes out and see what that is like.

I also may buy an older low mileage sedan for a family car and daily a BRZ or an FRS/Toyota 86. Would not kick a Miata out of the list of cars I am considering either.

A lot depends on what my children decide to do.

My middle daughter is a senior in College and is thinking of moving home to pay off some modest student loans and buy a decent car before she moves out on her own.  My younger son also may move back to Ohio, he loves going to school out in Tacoma Washington but misses his siblings and would like to put down roots near our family...in some ways we are a close family so I can understand that.

Joanna, my 20 year old college senior wants a Subaru Forrester as her first serious car. Yes, some stereotypes about what certain women drive play true....

But that would make 5 cars in front of the house if she moves home and gets a car...

Edited by A Horse With No Name

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Moving on from the election, having fun thinking of what to replace the TDI with.  Car shopping is a lot of fun.

Right now, a WRX is at the top of the list, although there are a couple of other products I really like....the  Acura TLX and the IS series Lexus come to mind.

Will probably drive the GTI and Focus ST again, two cars I dearly dearly love, but I think that is going to be irrelevant as I like the WRX that much better.

Will drive the SI Civic when it comes out and see what that is like.

I also may buy an older low mileage sedan for a family car and daily a BRZ or an FRS/Toyota 86. Would not kick a Miata out of the list of cars I am considering either.

A lot depends on what my children decide to do.

My middle daughter is a senior in College and is thinking of moving home to pay off some modest student loans and buy a decent car before she moves out on her own.  My younger son also may move back to Ohio, he loves going to school out in Tacoma Washington but misses his siblings and would like to put down roots near our family...in some ways we are a close family so I can understand that.

Joanna, my 20 year old college senior wants a Subaru Forrester as her first serious car. Yes, some stereotypes about what certain women drive play true....

But that would make 5 cars in front of the house if she moves home and gets a car...

Check out the Diesel Equinox, a fun torque monster in awd with plenty of room inside. :)

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

And thank God we will finally be done with Reid and Pellosi.

Good riddens.

Edited by Wings4Life
oops, wrong thread. Meh, I am leaving it. if it goes, it goes.

29 minutes ago, Wings4Life said:

And thank God we will finally be done with Reid and Pellosi.

Good riddens.

Good RIDDANCE you mean....in many ways I would agree with you.

53 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

:thumbsup:

There are dangers in throwing a Molotov cocktail through the front window of the establishment, and their are advantages also.

Thinking we may see some advantages.

On 2016-11-16 at 0:37 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

Couple of times this week sat down before I started a project and had a cat crawl up into my lap....that was all she wrote....

A pussy cat crawling up into your lap?

You mean like this?

giphy.gif

I know right?

Id be done too, in about a minute or two!

(I forwent  a raunchier pic just in case is it be a tad too hot for the website)

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

A pussy cat crawling up into your lap?

You mean like this?

giphy.gif

I know right?

Id be done too, in about a minute or two!

(I forwent  a raunchier pic just in case is it be a tad too hot for the website)

Gave a whole new meaning to Wednesday being hump day....

@ccap41

Tony Romo...

I had many up and down feelings about him over his tenure as QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

I love the Cowboys as you know, and Im extremely thrilled with Prescott. And I was ready to joke to you about Romo in that I wanted to make it sound like I have no idea who this Romo dude is..

This press  conference though gave me chills.

Troy Aikman might be my all time fave QB, and then Joe Montana and Dan Marino...(Ie was lucky to see these men throw the football in their prime) This press conference has propelled Tony Romo to the #2 slot for me.

I have a new found respect for him.

It aint easy letting somebody else take over YOUR driver's seat in what is probably the most prestigious position in all of pro sports: THE Dallas Cowboys quarterback position.

What are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

@ccap41

Tony Romo...

I had many up and down feelings about him over his tenure as QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

I love the Cowboys as you know, and Im extremely thrilled with Prescott. And I was ready to joke to you about Romo in that I wanted to make it sound like I have no idea who this Romo dude is..

This press  conference though gave me chills.

Troy Aikman might be my all time fave QB, and then Joe Montana and Dan Marino...(Ie was lucky to see these men throw the football in their prime) This press conference has propelled Tony Romo to the #2 slot for me.

I have a new found respect for him.

It aint easy letting somebody else take over YOUR driver's seat in what is probably the most prestigious position in all of pro sports: THE Dallas Cowboys quarterback position.

What are your thoughts?

I watched that the other day when it happened. Great respect for the man and it's impressive how stand-up of a guy he is. True team leader. 

You could actually feel what he was saying in his words too. Yes he was reading but it was his own words and you could tell he meant what he was saying. Only a true team leader and captain will accept his role and try and do what he can to better the team. So many players are selfish and greedy and this was VERY SELFLESS of him. 

I always liked him but I gained a new respect for him. 

5 hours ago, dfelt said:

:roflmao: That just smoked the Italian job!

Awesome :metal: 

Right?!?! 250k super car smoked by a jellybean CUV. 

That's the power of electricity! 

Id like to know those trap speeds because the 458 was walking up on it. 

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I watched that the other day when it happened. Great respect for the man and it's impressive how stand-up of a guy he is. True team leader. 

You could actually feel what he was saying in his words too. Yes he was reading but it was his own words and you could tell he meant what he was saying. Only a true team leader and captain will accept his role and try and do what he can to better the team. So many players are selfish and greedy and this was VERY SELFLESS of him. 

I always liked him but I gained a new respect for him.

Yes leader..

Yes very selfless of him especially in today's era of athletes in any sport.

I think this strengthens and bonds the team so much more going forward.

I know in hockey, a similar situation would make the team rally itself to win it for their captain. I think this will have the same effect for the Dallas Cowboys.

Im in tears practically.

• Agree 1

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
11 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Sorry Wings. That was not for your eyes.

You being conservative and all...you almost saw a boobie and panties....I apologize.

That was for us, the liberal folk.

No olds, it is me who is sorry, as you don't seem to understand what a conservative is....

con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv/
adjective

1. 1.
    holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
    synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool

6 minutes ago, Wings4Life said:

No olds, it is me who is sorry, as you don't seem to understand what a conservative is....

con·serv·a·tive
kənˈsərvədiv/
adjective

1. 1.
    holding to traditional attitudes and values and cautious about change or innovation, typically in relation to politics or religion.
    synonyms: traditionalist, traditional, conventional, orthodox, old-fashioned, dyed-in-the-wool

It's called a joke. Maybe you've heard of it?

A joke in clown shoes....

I HAPPEN TO LOOOOOOOVE CLOWN SHOES.

Very stylish and  versatile.

I resent a comment like that!

When I go out to eat a couple of burgers Chez Mickey Dee's

clown_shoes.png

when I go out dancin' with the wife

946e1dbf1c8f5879b7dc19e5368b689d.jpg

When I play basketball with my homeys

8bc5bdbf5fa27633baeaad06f8e3a58f.jpg

When Im chillin and relaxin'

Preview%20Image.jpg