Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

7 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The possible move to Germany has been in the cards for years.  The disaster of last night moved the timetable up substantially.   For immigration purposes, Germany recognizes foreign same sex marriages.  Albert is getting his Italian citizenship, so we'll both be able to legally live and work in Germany. 

If you do move to Germany please be careful as the nazi party is pushing to make a comeback.

It is not a lateral move in terms of having adults leading the country.  Which is what my whole gripe is. I can take differences of opinion and policy. Cannot take not being governed by people who do not act like adults.

And in the united States, we really, really do not act like adults.

3 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

And their domestic inbred cousins are trying to do the same thing here. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/former-kkk-leader-david-duke-075823237.html

:o I am totally amazed that we have gone so far backwards in just 24hrs in this country.

3 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

And their domestic inbred cousins are trying to do the same thing here. 

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/former-kkk-leader-david-duke-075823237.html

Which was my whole point in posting the Alt Right videos I posted.  i knew there was a lot of racism in America, did not think there was enough to elect the cheeto messiah!

Just now, dfelt said:

:o I am totally amazed that we have gone so far backwards in just 24hrs in this country.

See my above Huffington post link. The author argues that this is the way the united states has always been.

He is quite right....we did not go back...we have just been there all along and been good at masking it.

....last Chomsky link for today but it is only three minutes and he nails it.

• Agree 1

Sadly with the amount of baby boomers living longer due to medical advances, we have a long way to go to rid ourselves of ignorance and stupidity. The baby boomers is one of the largest uneducated groups voting for the ignorance of Trump.

Living longer also means more Americans will suffer needlessly when the republicans cut Social Security and Medicare/medicaid for our citizens.

...and less anyone think I am giving Hillary a pass...

21 minutes ago, dfelt said:

If you do move to Germany please be careful as the nazi party is pushing to make a comeback.

Which is why it is so despicable that the republicans are letting the Genie out of the bottle here.

This 18 year old girls is an actual outspoken Trump supporter....not all Trump supporters are like her, but the Genie is definitely out of the bottle again.

She is actually a Canadian citizen....

18 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

It is not a lateral move in terms of having adults leading the country.  Which is what my whole gripe is. I can take differences of opinion and policy. Cannot take not being governed by people who do not act like adults.

And in the united States, we really, really do not act like adults.

So you would have been wanting to more regardless of who won, right? Because the both acted like a high schooler with their drama BS.

12 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Which is why it is so despicable that the republicans are letting the Genie out of the bottle here.

This 18 year old girls is an actual outspoken Trump supporter....not all Trump supporters are like her, but the Genie is definitely out of the bottle again.

She is actually a Canadian citizen....

She is totally :stupid:

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

She is totally :stupid:

Yeah...drive that nice Escalade on a road trip to Ohio and I will take you down to Vinton county.

Maybe not outright Nazi's, but i can introduce you to no end of Trump supporters just as insane.

5 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

So you would have been wanting to more regardless of who won, right? Because the both acted like a high schooler with their drama BS.

Actually I have a 15 year old daughter who does not engage in this.

1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Yeah...drive that nice Escalade on a road trip to Ohio and I will take you down to Vinton county.

Maybe not outright Nazi's, but i can introduce you to no end of Trump supporters just as insane.

They would probably attack me for being married to a Korean. lol

Just now, dfelt said:

They would probably attack me for being married to a Korean. lol

They consider my son a race traitor for dating a Thai girl, so yes, they would.

This is a repost from my Facebook.

----------------------------------------

What's truly concerning about this election is that, perhaps, some of Trump's rhetoric rings true. Notably the idea that Washington is broken. Here we are, 16 years after the Bush/Gore election, and we have a similar situation. Nationally, Clinton has thus far received more votes, but thanks to the way electoral votes are split up, she loses the election. A large part of this is thanks to the large population in California. Still, I can't help but think how Trump, and Bush, have won without the popular vote. If the electoral system more accurately reflected the population at large, we'd be singing to a different tune.

Now, let me divulge a bit more into Trump. Despite my disappointment, I feel like there may be a bit of hope buried deep within the terror and it lies with Trump's lack of concrete stances. He has a history of saying one thing and doing an entirely different thing later on. You can see that with his slightly Democratic-leaning past. You can see that with his previous acclaim for the Clintons. You can, unfortunately, see that with his various statements he later denied. He has rarely stuck with an opinion or political stance. On one hand, this makes him largely unpredictable and that is perhaps the most horrifying aspect of a Trump Presidency. On the other, maybe this indicates flexibility towards a more bipartisan leadership. I mean, at this point, I can only hope for the sake of my life as I know it.

Worryingly, with Pence along for the ride, this could also go very, very bad, as well. He is, without a doubt, the biggest threat to the lives of LGBT individuals. His policies in Indiana are some of the most divisive in this country. From his opposing of same-sex marriage, signing into law a bill to jail, yes JAIL, same-sex couples who even applied for a marriage certificate, and his support of horrific conversation therapy over HIV funding to his well documented support of religious freedom for businesses to deny service to our community. Without him, Trump may be completely tolerable as Commander in Chief. The big question, at this point, is how much of Pence is present in Trump and will that carry through to his Presidency? Only time will tell, but I am not confident it will be in our favor, despite the small glimmer of hope mentioned above.

What bothers me more than anything, though, is that my own family supported Trump. As I said in another post, it was a slap in the face to return home to visit family and see a Trump sign in the yard. Truly a disappointment. To say that Josh and I frightened over this situation, is an understatement. I will be looking to join the ranks of others in possibly getting a marriage license before the U.S. is dragged back into a homophobic cesspool. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Diversity makes the world a better place.

Look to the Czechs and Slovaks, who, despite similar language, culture and religion still decided to split.

Or the folks of the former Yugoslavia, who violently separated themselves from on another, after the strongman Tito gave up the ghost.

How about the Northern Irish and their southern brethren? Indistinguishable based on genetics, but still with enough difference to warrant a border.

And the former Soviet Union? The bastion of the worker's paradise with everyone being ostensibly 'equal' spun into a diverse number of independent states based on ethnic affiliation.

Heck, even the Mayans of Mexico still have aspirations for independence.

Diversity has its limit.

Move quick Cory, it is a sad state indeed. I also hope that Trump is more bipartisan and will reach across to others to truly fix the mess that DC has become even though I worry about Pence and his incompetent views.

1 minute ago, FordCosworth said:

Look to the Czechs and Slovaks, who, despite similar language, culture and religion still decided to split.

Or the folks of the former Yugoslavia, who violently separated themselves from on another, after the strongman Tito gave up the ghost.

How about the Northern Irish and their southern brethren? Indistinguishable based on genetics, but still with enough difference to warrant a border.

And the former Soviet Union? The bastion of the worker's paradise with everyone being ostensibly 'equal' spun into a diverse number of independent states based on ethnic affiliation.

Diversity has its limit.

You have pointed out the large amount of uneducated ignorant people too. Education is the great equalizer and allows people of all different colors and religions to co-exist.

Actually, ride the damned train between DC and new York City, or go anywhere in LA. Our most vibrant cities and our brightest economic engines are very diverse.

Our poorest counties in places like Kentucky and Alabama are almost entirely white and a drain on the diverse part of the nation.  Our diverse, urban population actually financially supports our rural monolithic population when it comes to benefits.

7 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

No, that was Hillary supporters beating on a homeless lady

Every group had supporters doing goofy things.  Trump, Clinton....and there was a group of Sanders supporters burning American flags IIRC....

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Actually I have a 15 year old daughter who does not engage in this.

15, she's just a freshman yet... lol Plenty of time yet!

22 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

They consider my son a race traitor for dating a Thai girl, so yes, they would.

I'd be grouped in that as well because my girlfriend is Indian.

It's a shame how close minded people are.

• Agree 1

Just now, ccap41 said:

15, she's just a freshman yet... lol Plenty of time yet!

Sophomore and so far she has a lot more common sense than a certain older brother and sister.

11 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Move quick Cory, it is a sad state indeed. I also hope that Trump is more bipartisan and will reach across to others to truly fix the mess that DC has become even though I worry about Pence and his incompetent views.

There is no reaching across.  When the whole thing goes south, we will see what Trump does when he is desperate.

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I'd be grouped in that as well because my girlfriend is Indian.

It's a shame how close minded people are.

In trying to make America great we are denying what makes America great...you can't make this stuff up....

35 minutes ago, Cory Wolfe said:

This is a repost from my Facebook.

What's truly concerning about this election is that, perhaps, some of Trump's rhetoric rings true. Notably the idea that Washington is broken. Here we are, 16 years after the Bush/Gore election, and we have a similar situation. Nationally, Clinton has thus far received more votes, but thanks to the way electoral votes are split up, she loses the election. A large part of this is thanks to the large population in California. Still, I can't help but think how Trump, and Bush, have won without the popular vote. If the electoral system more accurately reflected the population at large, we'd be singing to a different tune.

Now, let me divulge a bit more into Trump. Despite my disappointment, I feel like there may be a bit of hope buried deep within the terror and it lies with Trump's lack of concrete stances. He has a history of saying one thing and doing an entirely different thing later on. You can see that with his slightly Democratic-leaning past. You can see that with his previous acclaim for the Clintons. You can, unfortunately, see that with his various statements he later denied. He has rarely stuck with an opinion or political stance. On one hand, this makes him largely unpredictable and that is perhaps the most horrifying aspect of a Trump Presidency. On the other, maybe this indicates flexibility towards a more bipartisan leadership. I mean, at this point, I can only hope for the sake of my life as I know it.

Worryingly, with Pence along for the ride, this could also go very, very bad, as well. He is, without a doubt, the biggest threat to the lives of LGBT individuals. His policies in Indiana are some of the most divisive in this country. From his opposing of same-sex marriage, signing into law a bill to jail, yes JAIL, same-sex couples who even applied for a marriage certificate, and his support of horrific conversation therapy over HIV funding to his well documented support of religious freedom for businesses to deny service to our community. Without him, Trump may be completely tolerable as Commander in Chief. The big question, at this point, is how much of Pence is present in Trump and will that carry through to his Presidency? Only time will tell, but I am not confident it will be in our favor, despite the small glimmer of hope mentioned above.

What bothers me more than anything, though, is that my own family supported Trump. As I said in another post, it was a slap in the face to return home to visit family and see a Trump sign in the yard. Truly a disappointment. To say that Josh and I frightened over this situation, is an understatement. I will be looking to join the ranks of others in possibly getting a marriage license before the U.S. is dragged back into a homophobic cesspool. 

My dad was for trump as were a lot of my cousins in PA and MI.  Had a few heated debates about that to say the least.

22 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Actually, ride the damned train between DC and new York City, or go anywhere in LA. Our most vibrant cities and our brightest economic engines are very diverse.

Our poorest counties in places like Kentucky and Alabama are almost entirely white and a drain on the diverse part of the nation.  Our diverse, urban population actually financially supports our rural monolithic population when it comes to benefits.

Every group had supporters doing goofy things.  Trump, Clinton....and there was a group of Sanders supporters burning American flags IIRC....

Kentucky is an interesting place.  The mayors of both Vicco and Lexington are out gay men.  I do tend o keep to my own, but that is less about fearing hate crimes (was anyway) and more about everyone in the area being on dope.  Actually been robbed by people needing dope money.  I also know the only reason that Trump and GOP took a power hold here is because of the loss of coal jobs.  They keep promising to bring coal jobs back, he only problem is that Eastern Kentucky is pretty well tapped out and what is left is of such low quality, it would be impossible to sell for a profit.  People like easy solutions though, so anyone that screams "war on coal" and "I'll bring he coal jobs back"  gets the vote. 

45 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Or the Trump supporter who burned down a 100 year black church in Mississippi. 

18 minutes ago, Stew said:

My dad was for trump as were a lot of my cousins in PA and MI.  Had a few heated debates about that to say the least.

Kentucky is an interesting place.  The mayors of both Vicco and Lexington are out gay men.  I do tend o keep to my own, but that is less about fearing hate crimes (was anyway) and more about everyone in the area being on dope.  Actually been robbed by people needing dope money.  I also know the only reason that Trump and GOP took a power hold here is because of the loss of coal jobs.  They keep promising to bring coal jobs back, he only problem is that Eastern Kentucky is pretty well tapped out and what is left is of such low quality, it would be impossible to sell for a profit.  People like easy solutions though, so anyone that screams "war on coal" and "I'll bring he coal jobs back"  gets the vote. 

People are often incapable of dealing with the world as it really is, so they invent an alternate reality. It is why so many peoples sex lives consist of being in a dark room by themselves with the volume turned down.

But dealing with reality is sort of like meeting an imperfect person and dealing with your own faults.  Can be painful, but the results are far better IMHO.

Same thing with policy, deal with the fact that Coal is not coming back. In fact, had we not let China and German take a lead in Solar...

1 minute ago, surreal1272 said:

Or the Trump supporter who burned down a 100 year black church in Mississippi. 

Again, we need to deal with the rise of the Alt-right. My fear is that protestors and protest movements, along with journalism, will be harshly dealt with by Trump.  Once again, he views the world as such a zero sum game and he cannot stand loosing....

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/alternative-right

22 minutes ago, Stew said:

I do have sympathy for peoples frustrations. I am into trains, and remember when a main rail line in Eastern Kentucky was abandoned back in the 1970's.

The world has been passing eastern Kentucky by for a few decades now.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

If Trump accomplishes half the things he claims he will do, this country will be far better off than if Hillary accomplished all she claimed, which was little.  

Just now, Wings4Life said:

If Trump accomplishes half the things he claims he will do, this country will be far better off than if Hillary accomplished all she claimed, which was little.  

I envy my southern neighbors. 

Up here, we're stuck with iman Trudeau, a George Soros/globalist puppet, UNSC seat buying, islamic appeaser for a bit longer. 

But his reign of not listening to the people will be his undoing too.

• Disagree 1

53 minutes ago, Wings4Life said:

You obviously have a position at Ford that allows you to inhale a lot of paint fumes.

50 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

I envy my southern neighbors. 

Up here, we're stuck with iman Trudeau, a George Soros/globalist puppet, UNSC seat buying, islamic appeaser for a bit longer. 

But his reign of not listening to the people will be his undoing too.

Surely you are under immediate threat of Sharia law there. Can your wife still walk around with her head uncovered...and does she have to walk four paces behind?

Trudeau is a shit Muslim though...he drinks beer and eats pork just like that other Muslim Obama.

Please remember me while you are reading your Quran and saying your morning prayers towards Mecca.

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Stew said:

At least I was finally able to eat during lunch lol.  Right now is a bad time.  Between the election and the fact that Friday would have been my friend's 27th birthday that died back in Feb, this has been a reall rough week. 

Ohhhhhhhhh I can believe it.  Given the insane current stupidity of our country...it ain't gonna get better!

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

You obviously have a position at Ford that allows you to inhale a lot of paint fumes.

Surely you are under immediate threat of Sharia law there. Can your wife still walk around with her head uncovered...and does she have to walk four paces behind?

Trudeau is a $h! Muslim though...he drinks beer and eats pork just like that other Muslim Obama.

Please remember me while you are reading your Quran and saying your morning prayers towards Mecca.

I would up vote this a hundred times if I could. 

So how about that Football? Seahawks are sucking bye and the UW husky's are undefeated ranked at #4 in the nation but I think they are better than that. 

College football way more fun to watch than the NFL whiners.

17 minutes ago, dfelt said:

So how about that Football? Seahawks are sucking bye and the UW husky's are undefeated ranked at #4 in the nation but I think they are better than that. 

College football way more fun to watch than the NFL whiners.

Totally agree. Ohio State is over rated IMHO. I thought Nebraska would beat them but they blew them out. Michigan should be a whole nother test though.

Clemson seems to be struggling a bit and IIRC their quarter back is going pro.

If anything I think I would like Louisville to get a shot at the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I've never heard so much whining over an election in all my life.  Good grief people, get a grip!  A lot of the senior members here know my story, NOT SCARED.  Bunch of pearl clutchers.  We'll be fine.

Emotionally we are inherently thumb suckers here. Now that we cannot endlessly bash Toyota and dashboard plastic we have to have something to inflict misery on ourselves.

9 hours ago, FordCosworth said:

Diversity has its limit.

So.....

About Canada...

We have the English, and we have the French....

CENTURIES of hating each other, wars fought against each other in EVERY SINGLE CONTINENT INCLUDING this one....ESPECIALLY THIS ONE DEFINING OUR COUNTRY AND OUR PROBLEMS....

ac41ef2ce92a75ce2c91ae52cedc1693.jpg

So....what are you suggesting?

Forget about all that muslim-phobia crap....we still have issues in our country regarding just the white race...French and English...

Yet...

118607-bechtel-channel-tunnel?width=975&

In the Old Countries, they managed to put that shyte aside....

New forms of racism and ethnic bigotry has arose, in both countries, and in our very own country, we still havent made up and we have joined the muslim hatred I see...at least France and England get along unlike the problems we have in our  country....well, with the likes of your type, we will NEVER see peace at the end of the tunnel....

Oh...If you are against open borders, you are against me...

I am of Greek decent. My grand-dad  and grand-ma came to this country from Greece in the late 1890s...my dad, as a GREEK CANADIAN born and raised in Canada fought during WW2 as a CANADIAN SOLDIER fighting a tyrant in Germany...

Before you become cheeky and tell me Greeks are not like Muslims....let me remind you of something:

"With the stroke of a pen one Sunday afternoon in Cairo"

One must ask himself, are we Westerners without sin to hypocritically judge all others wanting to come to our shores for a better life?

In other words, maybe us Westerners and our crappy foreign policies may have created some of that turmoil....

Canada and the USA are GREAT countries because our borders WERE ALWAYS OPEN and DIVERSITY IS WHAT MAKES US GREAT AND WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE US GREAT...AND STRONGER!!!

There are no limits to diversity...

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

photo-a.jpg

(Immigrants)

Some of these people were the likes of Al Capone...but some were parents of Rudolf Giuliani and Joe DiMaggio...

If you cant see that, I feel sorry for you.......

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

The media was so wrong. Polls were way off.

Career crooked politicians are not the solution to our problems, they are the source.  Trump, as an outsider, has a huge advantage.  Especially given his career.  Far more so than Hillary, who has never accomplished a thing in the private sector.  NOTHING!!!  

Trump protesters.

What exactly are they protesting, other than the democratic system in action?  The nation has CLEARLY spoken.  Insulting their choice is not the American way. It is time to unite and build the nation, not stomp your feet because you did not get your way.  And give us a break, pretending like some now fear for our country, is complete dramatic BS.  Burning flags, etc. Grow the effff up. 

On foreign policy,

I think Trump will mostly impress world leaders with his charm we all know he is capable of, and to those who need fear to keep them in check, who better than an unpredictable Trump? Certainly not Hillary.

I think Trump's 'pivot' that everyone was waiting for, happened in his winning speech, which he delivered wonderfully and surprised some.  But not me.  I had my issues with the man, as he was a newcomer to dirty politics and campaigning.  He plays hard, and he was at his best and worst.  I think we will mostly see him at his best now, especially without the media constantly bashing him. He now appears to display great leadership capability.  We already know the man is capable of multitasking endlessly and getting stuff done.  Unlike Obama, who pledged to work day and night to repair our country and economy, yet has played more 18 round golf than my retired neighbor who LIVES for golf and has divided our nation, like no other person ever in history.

Oh and BTW, I wonder how SNL will handle Trump's win. They were simply wrong to bias their entertainment like they did, so clearly and blatantly.  Not their place to do so.  

7 minutes ago, Wings4Life said:

The media was so wrong. Polls were way off.

Career crooked politicians are not the solution to our problems, they are the source.  Trump, as an outsider, has a huge advantage.  Especially given his career.  Far more so than Hillary, who has never accomplished a thing in the private sector.  NOTHING!!!  

Trump protesters.

What exactly are they protesting, other than the democratic system in action?  The nation has CLEARLY spoken.  Insulting their choice is not the American way. It is time to unite and build the nation, not stomp your feet because you did not get your way.  And give us a break, pretending like some now fear for our country, is complete dramatic BS.  Burning flags, etc. Grow the effff up. 

On foreign policy,

I think Trump will mostly impress world leaders with his charm we all know he is capable of, and to those who need fear to keep them in check, who better than an unpredictable Trump? Certainly not Hillary.

I think Trump's 'pivot' that everyone was waiting for, happened in his winning speech, which he delivered wonderfully and surprised some.  But not me.  I had my issues with the man, as he was a newcomer to dirty politics and campaigning.  He plays hard, and he was at his best and worst.  I think we will mostly see him at his best now, especially without the media constantly bashing him. He now appears to display great leadership capability.  We already know the man is capable of multitasking endlessly and getting stuff done.  Unlike Obama, who pledged to work day and night to repair our country and economy, yet has played more 18 round golf than my retired neighbor who LIVES for golf and has divided our nation, like no other person ever in history.

Oh and BTW, I wonder how SNL will handle Trump's win. They were simply wrong to bias their entertainment like they did, so clearly and blatantly.  Not their place to do so.  

I feel for you, Hillary has for sure made poor decisions and probably done some white collar crimes.

Yet Trump has proven his racist phobia, so your saying it is OK to hate people that are not like you?

Your also saying it is OK to sexually harass woman, so your wife, mom, sister, does not matter any guy can do what they want with them?

Trump has NOT created anything but a Name. He has failed to build any real business, wealth only acquired by bankruptcy and destruction of other companies. So many other great business men and we end up with a dictator approach racist, sexual assaulting senior that is already senile.

Is he an outsider? Yes, Do most if not all of us want change and for once kicking out the established for life political hacks that have done nothing but increased debt over the last 16 years? Yes

Trump and Hillary was not the answer, the best anyone can hope for now is a 1 term pony and new options in 2020 that does not include old established people who are not willing to work with others.

• Agree 1

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

defelt,

the worst thing anyone can say about Trump, is that he can say mean things. Sorry,  I looked way past that when I needed to make a choice and listened to who had the better plan and especially, most importantly, where they stood on issues.

It's

That 

Simple

Edited by Wings4Life

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

And btw, Trump has certainly had some failures along with his many successes.  That is pretty easy to justify and excuse, considering the risky nature of some of his ventures, especially through recessions and market crashes, etc.  People who only cite the failures, are failures themselves, because they only bring that up when confronted with the fact that Hillary has done NOTHING. Literally

And I don't know about you, but I learned just as much if not more in my failed ventures in life, as I did my successes.  I have good reason to believe Trump did as well.

Edited by Wings4Life

@Wings4Life

I am glad you can accept his racism, sexual assault and poor business dealings. I cannot, I have done like you looking past the media and into the details and he is not willing to be transparent about his life. 

Fact are that he is a name, his businesses were taken over by banks who had the actual skills to run them, those that were not bankrupt. Since he will not open up and be honest, I have to doubt he is a billionaire and more just a millionaire who has abused the system and destroyed many lives.

Lying is common in Politics and clearly many have run their own hidden servers and just not gotten caught. Hillary is bad, but I think trump will be worse for the country.

I hope I am wrong, but I also hope that those in congress and the senate do not give into his craziness.

I wish you all the best as we will all need it. There is no simple fix for the Bush Jr did to this country or Obama or any president back to the 60's.

We have debt that has to be paid off, social services that many should be killed off and a defense that needs to be pulled into accountability rather than crazy spending on weapons that have no common sense in today's society.

• Agree 1

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)
1 minute ago, dfelt said:

@Wings4Life

I am glad you can accept his racism, sexual assault and poor business dealings. I cannot, I have done like you looking past the media and into the details and he is not willing to be transparent about his life. 

Fact are that he is a name, his businesses were taken over by banks who had the actual skills to run them, those that were not bankrupt. Since he will not open up and be honest, I have to doubt he is a billionaire and more just a millionaire who has abused the system and destroyed many lives.

Lying is common in Politics and clearly many have run their own hidden servers and just not gotten caught. Hillary is bad, but I think trump will be worse for the country.

I hope I am wrong, but I also hope that those in congress and the senate do not give into his craziness.

I wish you all the best as we will all need it. There is no simple fix for the Bush Jr did to this country or Obama or any president back to the 60's.

We have debt that has to be paid off, social services that many should be killed off and a defense that needs to be pulled into accountability rather than crazy spending on weapons that have no common sense in today's society.

Racist?

No proof of that.

Sexual assault?

LMAO, give me a break.  No proof and he is no Bill Clinton.

And again, you completely ignore the fact that he had far more success than failures, and again, you learn plenty from failures, and again, HIllary has accomplished NOTHING.......NOTHING.....NADDA

So suck it up buttercup, complaining won't help.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw39PAHXgAAPEUQ.jpg:large

1 hour ago, frogger said:

Trump and his running mate are a couple of neanderthals, against same sex marriage, climate change deniers... running a western country in 2016?  Coal energy for everyone!!

When the status quo is too much to bear, especially with Hillary as his opponent, it was the easiest choice.  Something had to be done about the wearying gridlock that was paralyzing Washington.  If you check the House and Senate results, it would have been a guarantee that she would have had her hands tied... not what we need.  I do need him to be neutral on social issues, but it is no doubt immigration needs a complete overhaul.  What I hear in his comments on immigration is not racism, it is respect for law, two different things.  He is against ILLEGAL immigration, not "Mexicans", but because our neighbors to the south comprise the largest part of the problem, he is focusing on them.  Also, alternative energy will remain a thing, perhaps with more private money, which is good for all of us.  Personally I hope CAFE rules are made totally flaccid.  The market should decide what kind of vehicles are purchased... better for the economy.  I do support emission controls, unless somebody wants me to tie a sail to my vehicle, then I am out.  Some ppl are getting panties in an uproar over a Trump "dicktatorship", while at the same time they are partaking in the most childish, anti-American suppression of free speech and lawful election results.  The problem is coming from the left... they are sore losers to the highest magnitude since the election, and in the time leading up to it.  No one's lives are in peril in the least.  I am registered Independent, and I voted for Obama once.  Even though I accumutively disagree with a lot of his policies, he has had a relatively scandal-free tenure... with Bill Clinton's presidency, it was another scandal every week... sure to continue if his wife had been elected.  The victory speech said it all for me.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

(Immigrants)

Some of these people were the likes of Al Capone...but some were parents of Rudolf Giuliani and Joe DiMaggio...

If you cant see that, I feel sorry for you.......

Yes but olds, please note that those folks are on Ellis Island, where they were checked in by the USA.  They are initiating the LEGAL process of becoming Americans!  They are not sneaking anywhere.  The clear difference here is LEGAL/ILLEGAL... why can't lefties see the difference?

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Yes but olds, please note that those folks are on Ellis Island, where they were checked in by the USA.  They are initiating the LEGAL process of becoming Americans!  They are not sneaking anywhere.  The clear difference here is LEGAL/ILLEGAL... why can't lefties see the difference?

I am opposed to illegal immigration. Also wildly opposed to Trump and the current direction of the country.

The nice thing about this election is that the bigotry xenophobia and irrationally were clearly on display and that is what we chose as a country.

I for one am done with being loyal to the United States emotionally and otherwise. This has been coming for a long Time. Yes, Trump is democratically elected and that is a symptom and not the real problem.

You are more than welcome to tell me not to let  door hit me on my add-on the way out...but if I could move to another western Democracy..I would.

Given citizenship elsewhere, I would gladly walk into a United States consulate had them my passport and renounce my US citizenship.

The only bad thing is that the government has raised the price of renouncing your citizenship to $2450 from about $600.  Would gladly pay it though.

• Agree 1

I NEVER said ANYTHING about ANY ILLEGAL immigration...ILLEGAL immigration aint legal, so it aint immigration...

1. ILLEGAL immigration HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HAVING OPEN BORDERS!!!

2. EVEN WITH OPEN BORDERS, immigrants STILL HAVE to go through the legal red tape to become citizens....

3. Open borders simply means:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

which pretty much includes everyone that wants a better life for himself/herself and wants to make America or Canada home...

Please dont let your fears confuse the two scenarios....

I guess ANYBODY that confuses what open borders means, they fell for the fear mongering hook, line and sinker...

All those Syrians that Canada took in with our open borders, well, they came to our country the LEGAL way....

Those Mexicans that sneak in....well, THAT is NOT what OPEN BORDERS means, open borders means those Mexicans need not sneak in ILLEGALLY IF the IMMIGRATION PROCESS WAS EASIER AND OPEN for them to do so LEGALLY...

Edited by oldshurst442

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

I was angry at our nations choices, like most of the country.  But to make the difficult choice, I decided that the dirty mouthed master plumber, probably showing butcrack even, was the man I needed to solve our sewage problem in my house.  Not the saleswoman over the phone, reminding me of her resume in sales. 

The nation has serious problems currently, and I believe Trump recognizes these problems best, and has better plans to improve them.  National security followed by economic security are the front of the pack.  Hillary's plan was pathetic and more of the same.

Climate change and gay rights can take a number.  Nothing will change in 4 years on those matters that actually matter enough to give up the other elephants in the room.

10 minutes ago, Wings4Life said:

I was angry at our nations choices, like most of the country.  But to make the difficult choice, I decided that the dirty mouthed master plumber, probably showing butcrack even, was the man I needed to solve our sewage problem in my house.  Not the saleswoman over the phone, reminding me of her resume in sales. 

The nation has serious problems currently, and I believe Trump recognizes these problems best, and has better plans to improve them.  National security followed by economic security are the front of the pack.  Hillary's plan was pathetic and more of the same.

Climate change and gay rights can take a number.  Nothing will change in 4 years on those matters that actually matter enough to give up the other elephants in the room.

I can respect your paradigm bud disagree with your assessment of the situation.

Also want to make clear that I am no apologist for Clinton.  She has major issues without a doubt. Overthrowing a sovereign government in Libya and allowing ISIS to take root there during her tenure as Secretary of State would be a good example. 

We will see what will happen.  In the meantime I will continue to investigate legal emigration.  Ireland again looks promising in some ways.

Trumps tax plan is a massive wealth give away to the rich, something that failed under Bush. Millions of people will loose health insurance, which means more people will die from easily treatable diseases and issues than died in 9-11.

We legitimize torture and the killing of civilians in electing a man who advocates that.

We elect a man who says it would be good for MORE countries to have nuclear weapons.

We elect a man who lies about climate change, an existential threat to our species.

We elect a man who by example says that sexual violence against woman is acceptable.

We elect a man with horrible personal and business ethics.

And the list goes on

At this point, I will not be buying an American car to replace my Jetta, drinking beer from a mainstream American brewery, flying the American flag in front of my house, cheering for American teams in the Olympics, or anything else of the like.

I have an American flag on the roof of my MINI Cooper S that the previous owner had put on in a vinyl graphic. It will be going into the body shop to have that removed fairly shortly.

Pretty much disgusted at this point.

This will probably be my last post here for quite awhile. This is a forum designed for people that love and want to promote domestic automobiles, and that part of my life is pretty much dead to me now.

It's been good guys....

• Agree 2

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Trump won.

Suck it up ladies. Burning flags in protest is for babies.

You are buying the media alarmist BS, lock stock and barrel.

The media was wrong and is wrong. It's that simple.