Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

b299_zpsf59aed27.jpg

Unusual Camo....

c456_zps07230b7b.jpg

Creative Truck Roll bar....

b379_zps8e51b91b.jpg

Another neat pic, love this....yes I will stop post slutting in a minute, but I now have trucks on the brain...

13094352_983905881699426_931912470840769

2 minutes ago, Stew said:

So many awesome off roaders!

Glad you enjoyed them...I really like Trucks also, obviously....!

33 minutes ago, Stew said:

The closest thing we have now to those older smaller off-roaders are the Jeep Trailhawks, but still they can't match these older buggers in outright off-road prowess and in modability. 

The Trailhawks are nice products though.  I would love a Renegade Trailhawk.

8 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

w142_zps1ahnu5zt.jpg

Last pic for the day, vintage FJ cruiser....

I wish Toyota would have based the reborn FJ more closely on this.  It would have been a hit and stole some serious sales from the Wrangler. 

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Glad you enjoyed them...I really like Trucks also, obviously....!

The Trailhawks are nice products though.  I would love a Renegade Trailhawk.

Me too.  i love those little buggers, just wish they would offer something more inspiring under the hood. 

36 minutes ago, ykX said:

Saw yesterday new Cruze. Looks exactly like Elantra. Chevy could have and should have done better.

2016-chevrolet-cruze-premier-rs-red-fron

2017-Hyundai-Elantra-front-three-quarter

I do not like the styling on the new car as much as I liked it on the old one.

I just realized I have enough money saved up for my upcoming wedding to afford a great down payment w/trade-in on a Chevy SS (sedan). The cold feet are reaching frostbite levels.

I kid, I love my fiance, we've been together over 7 years. The financial reality cuts me deep, though. I resent the sh*t out of weddings now.

14 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

I just realized I have enough money saved up for my upcoming wedding to afford a great down payment w/trade-in on a Chevy SS (sedan). The cold feet are reaching frostbite levels.

I kid, I love my fiance, we've been together over 7 years. The financial reality cuts me deep, though. I resent the sh*t out of weddings now.

You will always be able to buy another car.  Good women are hard to find...

It does suck in on sense being married, because when you buy a car it will be a car both fo you like. There are cars I would own, but my wife does not like.

That being said, she has let me have LOTS of cars through the years.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, cp-the-nerd said:

Wait until you have kids ...

But no matter how much we love cars, family is more important.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ykX said:

New game: Find the differences

2016-Lexus-RX-450h-4.jpgdarth-vader-crossed-arms-1280jpg-88461e1280wjpg-67c0c2_1280w.jpg

My mother does not like the styling on the new Lexus vehicles.  When we drove by one, the last time I was in North Carolina she said "it is good that you live in Ohio, because that looks like a snow plow on the front of that thing, and I for one am not buying a luxury car to plow snow!"

• Agree 1

That's an insult to Vader. And snow plows.

3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

You will always be able to buy another car.  Good women are hard to find...

It does suck in on sense being married, because when you buy a car it will be a car both fo you like. There are cars I would own, but my wife does not like.

That being said, she has let me have LOTS of cars through the years.

A Chevy SS sedan is an IDEAL family car!

1 minute ago, Stew said:

Been looking at lowered bug photos today and am geting bad thoughts about a getting a coilover suspension.  Also say a picture of a gray but with an offset rally stripe, errr.  Anyways, love the stance on this one.

8611523597_4ebc7e4c4a_c.jpg

I wish that era of beetle got more love.  The design keeps growing on me.  Almost got one in a TDI when we got the Jetta, but needed 4 doors.

40 minutes ago, Stew said:

Been looking at lowered bug photos today and am geting bad thoughts about a getting a coilover suspension.  Also say a picture of a gray but with an offset rally stripe, errr.  Anyways, love the stance on this one.

8611523597_4ebc7e4c4a_c.jpg

That stance with the combination of wheel/wheel well looks great.

45 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I wish that era of beetle got more love.  The design keeps growing on me.  Almost got one in a TDI when we got the Jetta, but needed 4 doors.

I never cared much for the new Beetle, but loved these since they came out.  Never thought I would own one, but I am anjoing it for now.

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

That stance with the combination of wheel/wheel well looks great.

Agreed, filling the wheelwells makes a huge difference. 

Hey Boys!

Those cars could be posted in this thread right here:

Feel free to share...

PS: Im jealous with all the action in the Crazy Uncle Dream car garage and the kick yourself in the butt thread....Im at work and its busy so I cant post any of my thoughts until I get back home!!!

Edited by oldshurst442

On 5/27/2015 at 3:01 PM, dfelt said:

Why oh Why do morons who are so afraid to drive get licenses. Driving 35 on a freeway stated as 65 is dangerous to everyone. Turning your hazard lights on does not help and you being bunched up against the steering wheel is not helping either. Get off the Fricking Highway.

Washington State has no monopoly on dumb drivers, plenty here in Ohio as well.

8 minutes ago, Stew said:

Same here in Ky.  Ugh, my morning commute usually gets me riled up before i even get to work. 

We almost got hit 4 times from the time I picked my wife up to the time I picked my 15 year old daughter at her high school Monday night. Scariest was a lifted black RAM that swung left of center into my lane and then waved a fist and honked when I didn't get out of the way fast enough. He was trying to pass at 55 in a 35 zone...

The other three were almost equally stupid.  Friday night coming home I got rear ended in a hit and run.  No real damage but...methinks I am getting a go pro Camera.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

We almost got hit 4 times from the time I picked my wife up to the time I picked my 15 year old daughter at her high school Monday night. Scariest was a lifted black RAM that swung left of center into my lane and then waved a fist and honked when I didn't get out of the way fast enough. He was trying to pass at 55 in a 35 zone...

The other three were almost equally stupid.  Friday night coming home I got rear ended in a hit and run.  No real damage but...methinks I am getting a back up Camera.

It is  crazy isn't it? Oh, barely had the Camry a month and someone has already hit the front right bumper and left a big black spot. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Stew said:

It is  crazy isn't it? Oh, barely had the Camry a month and someone has already hit the front right bumper and left a big black spot. 

It's one reason i don't ride a motorcycle any more.  Almost got nailed on my Cannondale by a white Nissan when a lady blew a red light from a blind street....

Why oh why does Austin Texas Exist?

Here working DellEMC World trade show. 8:30pm, 88 degrees and 90% humidity. Talk about sucky, sticky, heat. So glad to fly home tomorrow.

Tex mex food is good.

20161019_192250.jpg

El Penole, fajita enchiladas with mexican corn and broccoli's. 

20161019_191231.jpg

Grande top shelf margarita plus chips with hot salsa amd guac dip.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Why oh why does Austin Texas Exist?

Here working DellEMC World trade show. 8:30pm, 88 degrees and 90% humidity. Talk about sucky, sticky, heat. So glad to fly home tomorrow.

Tex mex food is good.

20161019_192250.jpg

El Penole, fajita enchiladas with mexican corn and broccoli's. 

20161019_191231.jpg

Grande top shelf margarita plus chips with hot salsa amd guac dip.

88 degrees and 90% humidity. Talk about sucky, sticky, heat.

Montreal's forecast starting tomorrow night and for the next 3-4 nights...

Around the 30 degrees Fahrenheit area...

I usually accept this transition this time of year. I embrace it even, but Ill take 88 degrees and 90% humid sucky, sticky heat any day of the week compared to ice cube territory weather.

Weird little bit of randomness tonight...was ordering some product online, and the retailer's form had all the usual fields, name, address line 1, state, zip but one threw me:   the usual 'city' field was labeled 'Suburb/City'.   20 years of web development and I've never seen that...

Calling for rain in Austin today, Humidty is off the chart. Any moment it will pour!, packing up and heading to the airport. :D so glad to fly home to mid 40's and down pour of rain. :P

On 10/17/2016 at 2:42 PM, cp-the-nerd said:

That moment when a bench-racer goes full retard and disagrees with someone's actual first-person experience with cherry picked internet specs.

c78acefc33fe91df44f8741c64ea5ae4.jpg

Update: Bench racer escalated till he got banned (another forum). Wouldn't acknowledge any reasoning from other users and it eventually devolved into throwing a tantrum and trying to cuss people out.

The story: someone owned a gen 5 Camaro V6 manual and a 2016 (brand new) Malibu 2.0T/8A. He and his son found a flat open 1/4 mile stretch of road and raced them. Malibu won every time. They swapped cars, same result.

According to magazines, the all new Malibu runs 14.7 sec, the stick shift Camaro V6 runs mid 14s. This is essentially what the bench racer decided was ABSOLUTE PROOF to imply the story was fabricated. Of course, his go-to bench racing stat was 0-60, which is also 2-3 tenths apart.

Well to get the Camaro's best time, you basically have to do a 4000 rpm clutch drop and damn near powershift at 7000 rpm with a vague shifter. To get the Malibu's time... uh, you put your foot on the floor. What a shock that a modern automatic can make up a few tenths on a manual transmission.

Edited by cp-the-nerd

On 10/19/2016 at 9:50 PM, oldshurst442 said:

Montreal's forecast starting tomorrow night and for the next 3-4 nights...

Around the 30 degrees Fahrenheit area...

I usually accept this transition this time of year. I embrace it even, but Ill take 88 degrees and 90% humid sucky, sticky heat any day of the week compared to ice cube territory weather.

I will take Montreal any day over anything in Texas. Montreal is perhaps the most awesome city in north America...Texas for the most part I do not even wish to fly over at 33,000 feet asleep in a plane seat.

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Back in Seattle and on the internet. Love the cool weather and drizzle.

My son is going to Pacific Lutheran in Tacoma, he loves it.

10 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

My son is going to Pacific Lutheran in Tacoma, he loves it.

Awesome, yup, if you like cool climate, very green, then this is the place to be.

3 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Awesome, yup, if you like cool climate, very green, then this is the place to be.

He is an outdoors-man who is an Eagle Scout and loves to hike and camp.  He is having the time of his life.

5 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I will take Montreal any day over anything in Texas. Montreal is perhaps the most awesome city in north America...Texas for the most part I do not even wish to fly over at 33,000 feet asleep in a plane seat.

Yeah. Montreal is a great city. We got very very  VERY screwed up problems that are unique to Canada and North America, but those very same problems make up the fabric that makes Montreal so great! I cant see myself living anywhere else in the world other than Montreal. I bitch about these problems often enough, but I also feel like these problems makes us a stronger society because we as citizens of Montreal and Quebec, we constantly talk about them and how we could resolve them trying to live together in PEACE. 

I bitch about the winter, but I like the winter non-the-less. Breaks up the monotony of summer. And when we are phoquing fed up of the constant -13 to -40 degree Fahrenheit  weather with  more or less um...snowfalls...the birds come back and love is in the air again. L'amour toujours l'amour.

Montreal has everything one needs in a city.

A phoquing great night life.

Quality higher education institutions more plentiful than Boston.

2 official languages. If one gets bored talking in English, one could talk in French...

An old historic, quaint little town (Old Montreal) where there is a lot to do in all 4 seasons. One could think he is in Paris. A very bustling down town core where North America resides....albeit with a twist, Montreal style....

Great restaurants, amongst the best in the WORLD...

Montreal is famous for its gastronomy.

A true multi-cultural city second only to NYC.

Sure we have our racism, but more often than not, we all get along...

Boston and NYC are the other North American cities that I hold high in regard. Listen, I dont want to insult the other great cities of North America, its just that Im tooting Montreal's horn right now!

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Back in Seattle and on the internet. Love the cool weather and drizzle.

Same weather in Montreal today.

Not quite the temperature where water freezes the weather dudes were saying, but yeah...cool and wet.

Usually I prefer Hot, Wet and Wild though...

If I could afford to live there, and Canada had an immigration policy that I could be allowed in....I would come.  As it is, the cost of living in Columbus Ohio is law, and the city ain't bad.

3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

We had an October mini heat wave going (mid-80's temps) for several days that ended abruptly with rain, then wild wind.  Right now it's about 45 degrees and gusty as heck.  Welcome to SE PA.

Sounds exactly like what we had this past week. Sat-Tuesday was high in the 90's! (Set a record high Tuesday). And Wednesday and Thursday rain rain rain and super windy. Now it's highs in the 50's. 

Midwest weather!

• Agree 1