Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

I have no problem. I'm just trying to make sense out of why you'd make a pretty awful confession.

You're the one with no cred. I'm just pointing that out too

I thought this is the Random Thought thread?

Yet days later, youre still whining about this?

Therefore one can easily deduce its not a Random Thought.

Edited by FordCosworth
  • Agree 1

Oh good grief. Who cares (referring to the both of you)? You both participated in the same conversation on a Random Thought thread.

Moving along...had an Bangle era 7 series behind me this morning and forgot how butt ugly that car was in the front. Simply hideous.

Edited by surreal1272

WHY AREN'T WE TALKING ABOUT FAP'S FRESH N' FROSTY PHALLUS?

Is that what your mom said about your Phallus?

:roflmao:

Fresh N Frosty, sounds like a Dairy Queen Commercial.

"Come in and get your Fresh N Frosty Phallus while supplies last!" Courtesy of FapTurbo! 

:roflmao:

I never realized that Drew is short for Andrew...

:duh:

DUH!!!

Im so used to people calling me Andy, André (in French not Ah-ndray in English)...my wife calls me Andrew (and she is the only one to call me that) that I never really saw it...

My real name is Andreas.

So...Drew...we are name buddies!

:wub:

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

When I come in, first thing is see is "the page you are looking for does not exist".  I had my log-in set to come into "unread content" so I guess that changed with the new system.

Yes, If you have bookmarked anything but the front page, your bookmark may not work.  Most links to articles, categories, or specific forums should automatically be corrected for you. 

This is the 1933 Cadillac Fleetwood Aero-Dynamic Coupe, V-16 powered. 

1953_Cadillac_Fleetwood_Aerodynamic_Coup

This is the prototype, with it's chrome-trimmed windows and 4-blade bumpers. It is not known to exist today.
It debuted at the World's Fair, Century of Progress event in 1933.
Cadillac & Fleetwood built 20 production versions between 1934 and 1938, and V8, V-12 or V-16 power plants were available. They were very high priced; the V8 version was around $5000 and the V-16 was around $8000 ($143K in 2015 dollars).
Wheelbase of the Series 452 was 154". 

- - - - -

In that the General Motors XP concept program began in 1945, and the Buick Y-Job appeared in 1938, this is arguably the first concept car, and the first to go into production from GM.

Edited by balthazar

7 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Not 100% sure how I feel about gettin the newest posts. Looks great! But I really really found the "new content" button before to be convenient. This is only my experience on the mobile version though as I haven't used the desktop one yet. 

Here is your view new content button on mobile.

Screenshot_20160822-080218.jpg

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Here is your view new content button on mobile.

Screenshot_20160822-080218.jpg

I really like the new web site, so is the timeline look the new way unread forum posts will always show now in this version? Agree with others that I do like the new software, but have to get used to the changes also as I search for stuff.

26 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Yes, you will see things listed as a timeline.  You can actually customize your activity stream if you want, so if you don't want to see certain types of activity, you can edit it.

I saw that but every time I click and save it I don't know how to get back to "my stream" . 

Edit: Nvm, I found it! 

Edited by ccap41

So it appears that you can now see who up voted or down voted your post. A very nice feature indeed. 

Also, the I like the overall look and feel of the new site. Some of the new features and layout changes take a little getting used to but it is a welcome change. Again, nice job Drew. 

Edited by surreal1272

26 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

So it appears that you can now see who up voted or down voted your post. A very nice feature indeed. 

Also, the I like the overall look and feel of the new site. Some of the new features and layout changes take a little getting used to but it is a welcome change. Again, nice job Drew. 

Wondered how long it would take someone to spot that. :AH-HA:

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Just a note @surreal1272 .... status updates are subject to moderator action as well. I'm only singling you out here because you are the primary user of status updates lately.

Understandable. No worries on my end. My status updates are just a way for me have a little fun and vent a little from time to time. 

Edited by surreal1272

I wonder if Lansing Assembly Plant will get a late Summer Holiday for the Camaro line emplyees?

That place has been humming along with three shifts since April and now GM has 129 days of supply.

Supply is in excess because demand has lagged behind production. We saw the same thing with ATS and CTS which resulted in Lansig being cut to one shift and production halted for a few weeks.

9 minutes ago, FordCosworth said:

I wonder if Lansing Assembly Plant will get a late Summer Holiday for the Camaro line emplyees?

That place has been humming along with three shifts since April and now GM has 129 days of supply.

Supply is in excess because demand has lagged behind production. We saw the same thing with ATS and CTS which resulted in Lansig being cut to one shift and production halted for a few weeks.

If they could cut the price in half on the ATS, I'll buy one.

2.0T, Performance Package, black/grey/white, please.

• Agree 1

BMW started their ReachNow program, a car sharing program that uses Mini Coopers and BMW i3 cars. Seattle was one of the first 6 cities they started in. Guess unlike their competition Zip cars and Car 2 Go that has properly setup for long term parking all over the city, ReachNow has not and as such got booted overnight by the Seattle Police. Sucks to be the next renter trying to use the car.

BMW-ReachNowBooted.jpg