Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

^ All you could ever want to know, and plenty of pics :

http://www.kustomrama.com/index.php?title=Norman_Timbs'_Buick_Special

Your Da Man of all things well aged! 

Thank you Balthazar, that was a great read and I am so glad it was found and restored to original loveliness. Amazing that this was considered a Buick.

I told U who I'd pick from the era; great looks and a killer smile/persona. I think I self-vindicated.

The Tillis Special custom is Buick powered, but people like to have a name to hang onto. 'Tillis Special' doesn't convey much to the general populous, but everyone's heard of a 'Buick'. A 'stickier' label.

IMHO, a "Buick" has to be either a unquestionable visual recreation, or built/comissioned by Buick Motor Division.

Edited by balthazar

I told U who I'd pick from the era; great looks and a killer smile/persona. I think I self-vindicated.

The Tillis Special custom is Buick powered, but people like to have a name to hang onto. 'Tillis Special' doesn't convey much to the general populous, but everyone's heard of a 'Buick'. A 'stickier' label.

IMHO, a "Buick" has to be either a unquestionable visual recreation, or built/comissioned by Buick Motor Division.

Yup you did self-vindicate yourself with Catherine Bach who I also loved and would have happily bagged. Samantha Fox did nothing for me. Brunettes over Blondes every day, Course I take Asian First all the time! :P

Just for you, 442, I looked at a couple Samantha Fox videos.
I would never had listened to that sort of sugar pop music (or whatever you'd call it), and without the internet in dem days; it was cassettes/ vinyl or the radio… and avoiding those, entire careers could pass by without you knowing it. I truly don't remember her, and thank God.

:shrug:

Is there a way to turn spell correct off on this board?

I would never had listened to that sort of sugar pop music (or whatever you'd call it), and without the internet in dem days; it was cassettes/ vinyl or the radio… and avoiding those, entire careers could pass by without you knowing it. I truly don't remember her, and thank God.

Back then, I remember being aware of current music through MTV, the radio, and Rolling Stone magazine..been a subscriber since '84.

OK...Samantha aint for anybody.

And her music either....

Well, Its at least better than the crap they shove down our throats today. Barely.

Just like cars, I like music. Any style.

My LOVE is rock-n-roll though!

Up until the age of 18, I was a shy guy. And no girl looked at me.

From 19 and on though....something changed with me...

And the girls, they were all over me...

Edited by oldshurst442

And her music either....

Well, Its at least better than the crap they shove down our throats today. Barely.

That was the legal leash being removed so all the hot girls could rock your world! ;):metal:

• Agree 1

And her music either....

That was the legal leash being removed so all the hot girls could rock your world! ;):metal:

I think this song fits what we are talking about...

Hot Girls

Removing legal leashes. (You could leave your hat on)

Strip Clubs.

Kim Basinger.

These 3 songs played a part in some way or form in that transformation.

• Agree 1

Random Document from the Balthy Files ::

1998 Olds Intrique, 3.8L V6, vehicle inspection report, March 2000. Mileage : 26,225.

NOx ~ standard: 625, reading: 31

HC ~ standard: 78, reading: 2

CO ~ standard: 0.44%, reading: 0.00

Not bad for an engine reported to have been discontinued partially due to emissions standards.

This chick is in Saliva's 'Click Click Boom' video, anyone know who she is?

Can't find anything online RE a cast connected to the video.

Olds, yer a video hound….

Salivagirl01_zpstxuxybpk.png

Her Name is Clare Werbeloff, Here is an interview , at least I think it is the same girl.

Vaguely remember that song--never heard of Saliva--maybe heard it in a movie or tv show (Edit--it was in Fast & The Furious and Talledega Nights--remember it from those)..don't think I'd seen the video before.  One woman in a music video that sticks in my mind was in Meat Loaf's 'I'd Do Anything for Love'...looked like Christy Turlington.   Also remember the Chris Issak video w/ Helena Christensen...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

This chick is in Saliva's 'Click Click Boom' video, anyone know who she is?

Can't find anything online RE a cast connected to the video.

Olds, yer a video hound….

Salivagirl01_zpstxuxybpk.png

Her Name is Clare Werbeloff, Here is an interview , at least I think it is the same girl.

Damn, now I am not sure, way too many stories and not anything confirmed by Saliva. :(

That's not her.

Werbeloff is/was in Australia and her claim to fame is she falsely stated to have witnessed a shooting there in 2009 at age 19.

Video in question was shot in Texas in 2001. I don't think the chick in the video is 11 yrs old there.

I'm a pretty good interwebs detective, but this one is eluding me...

How come some folks can't just suck it up and not "force" themselves to reply to posts they disagree with and then get butthurt by a response that does not support their argument?

Disagreement is core to human communication. Would be boring with a bunch of agreeable yes men.

• Agree 1

How come some folks can't just suck it up and not "force" themselves to reply to posts they disagree with and then get butthurt by a response that does not support their argument?

Disagreement is core to human communication. Would be boring with a bunch of agreeable yes men.

NO doubt. However, the level at which one carries themselves is the key here.

:palm:  I feel one of those two was way less random than the other...  :confused0071:   :scratchchin:

Says the poster of the other not so random post? 

Good grief man. Suck it up and grow a sack (as you told me the other day).

Now that above was not random at all.

Carry on random land.

:palm:  I feel one of those two was way less random than the other...  :confused0071:   :scratchchin:

Carry on random land.

How was mine not random? Jesus, man.

It came to my head, I typed it, and I posted it. 

If you feel like it was about you..sorry.. maybe don't be so self centered. 

You need to get out and get a job to entertain yourself a little more. 

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 1

Carry on random land.

How was mine not random? Jesus, man.

It came to my head, I typed it, and I posted it. 

If you feel like it was about you..sorry.. maybe don't be so self centered. 

You need to get out and get a job to entertain yourself a little more. 

Yet you think mine was any less random? Do you see the problem with your "logic". Seriously GTFO with that crap.

BTW, I have the day off from MY JOB. Maybe you should follow your own advice and stop being so self centered yourself. My post was not about any one person here. It was about a group of folks.

It's not always about you. Seriously, like you told me, grow a sack.

Edited by surreal1272