Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

attachicon.gifChevy-Beat-Activ-.jpeg

Here's the Indian version, and it's so hilariously awesome!

I had rented this yesterday.

The Spark's older, bigger cousin.

2015-gmc-savana%202500%20cargo-frontside

Would one be able to say that a GM fullsized van is the opposite of a Spark?

Or would that be a Corvette?

Alls I know is that driving the LWB Savana yesterday took me back to a time when I still had hair on my head and pimples on my face.

It was an enjoyable day spent with it.

Edited by oldshurst442

attachicon.gifChevy-Beat-Activ-.jpeg

Here's the Indian version, and it's so hilariously awesome!

I had rented this yesterday.

The Spark's older, bigger cousin.

2015-gmc-savana%202500%20cargo-frontside

Would one be able to say that a GM fullsized van is the opposite of a Spark?

Or would that be a Corvette?

Alls I know is that driving the LWB Savana yesterday took me back to a time when I still had hair on my head and pimples on my face.

It was an enjoyable day spent with it.

Whatdya need to move, Olds??? 

I hope you hooned that rental a little bit before giving her back! lol 

Did it have the classic GM 350 or 4.3? Edit: Oh I guess there's a 4.8 in the middle as well... Or that?

Edited by ccap41

^^^

I sold my parent's house 2 weeks ago and finally saw the notary yesterday to sign the deed over to the new owners.

Lost story short...new owners are

10914392_988031694559839_1127051321_a.jpdick-clark-t.jpg200px-Dick_Cheney.jpg

I did not want to leave anything for them...

I had to get my parent's snowblower, brand new....bought in 2004 and only used once.

A 14ft ladder that I gave to my next door neighbor of my residence and other little nagging things such as garden hoses that the different homeless shelters and Salvation Army type foundations for the poor could not use.

Originally, the new owners were supposed to buy all the furniture...or most of it...but Id leave all the stuff there and we would come to a verbal agreement on the price.

I got a fair price for the house...not too low for me and not too high for them...It was a good deal.

But they wanted to screw me over with the furniture....

Stove was 2 years old.

The rest had some years to the them, but in very good condition like my mom's formal dining room buffet and table.

Expensive when bought 20 years ago, but pristine in condition..

They told me that they needed most of the stuff....such as the fine dining room set, the garden hoses and even the snowblower..

They kept on stalling and stalling for a price hoping we sign and they get the keys in which I cant get into the house anymore and I just give up....

Well...

I made a few phone calls to which the needy foundations actually pick up the stuff

....and I get to help poor people in need instead of greedy little bitches stealing from me....

It had the 4.8 liter.

Even as a cargo van....V8s do sound GREAT!

And no. No funny shenanigans with it.

I only have 1 demerit point left...so...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 2

^^^

I sold my parent's house 2 weeks ago and finally saw the notary yesterday to sign the deed over to the new owners.

Lost story short...new owners are

10914392_988031694559839_1127051321_a.jpdick-clark-t.jpg200px-Dick_Cheney.jpg

I did not want to leave anything for them...

I had to get my parent's snowblower, brand new....bought in 2004 and only used once.

A 14ft ladder that I gave to my next door neighbor of my residence and other little nagging things such as garden hoses that the different homeless shelters and Salvation Army type foundations for the poor could not use.

Originally, the new owners were supposed to buy all the furniture...or most of it...but Id leave all the stuff there and we would come to a verbal agreement on the price.

I got a fair price for the house...not too low for me and not too high for them...It was a good deal.

But they wanted to screw me over with the furniture....

Stove was 2 years old.

The rest had some years to the them, but in very good condition like my mom's formal dining room buffet and table.

Expensive when bought 20 years ago, but pristine in condition..

They told me that they needed most of the stuff....such as the fine dining room set, the garden hoses and even the snowblower..

They kept on stalling and stalling for a price hoping we sign and they get the keys in which I cant get into the house anymore and I just give up....

Well...

I made a few phone calls to which the needy foundations actually pick up the stuff

....and I get to help poor people in need instead of greedy little bitches stealing from me....

It had the 4.8 liter.

Even as a cargo van....V8s do sound GREAT!

And no. No funny shenanigans with it.

I only have 1 demerit point left...so...

Wow that's really awesome you gave everything away to those who need it rather than the people who sound like they were trying to screw you over because they probably thought you'd just be too lazy to come pick it up. Good for you, Olds!

V8s do just sound great! 

I wasnt gonna go nuts with the price for the furniture.

I would have probably given them the furniture anyway....I wanted to see how sincere they were to begin with.

I would have let them give me a first offer...and if the offer would have been over and beyond fair, I would have simply said.....just enjoy it!

Instead....they..... vmt7hgA.gif....me around.....

I feel good about what I did because at the end of the day, since my momma passed away....I ALWAYS had the intentions of giving that furniture to the people that needed it the most! 

OH.....there were a couple of things that I left at the house on purpose....

An old desk, a couple of bureaus, an old wooden cabinet that has no value....other than sentimental value....but still clutter....

What I did was, I took a hammer to them, not in pieces, but in strategic places where they are rendered useless, but intact, so they wont be able to use them but they are stuck lugging the stuff from the basement to the street outside....

And it was a fireworks type deal of a celebratory send off for me!!!

Sentimental value from furniture that defined my childhood that I got the satisfaction of saying goodbye to my 1st part of my life, now that the connections are over when a father and mother pass away (Im an only child) and finally, the 2nd part of my life truly begins as my 100% undivided attention now belongs to my wife and kids.

• Agree 2

From the 'Bethcha Dint Know' department ~

In 1916, the American Motors Corporation was founded, had a bevy of backers and had secured a location in Plainfield NJ for a new factory to produce a line of cars.

The chief engineer was Louis Chevrolet.

This entity has nothing to do with the American Motors Corp formed in 1954 with the merger of Nash & Hudson.

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 1

RANDOM THOUGHT EXTENSION:

That's it right there.

The electric car is in many ways not the first automobile against a living, breathing horse.

No, the electric car - was nearly driven to extinction, back when there were also 10s, if not hundreds of makers of those as well.

The cars of today will be held to the standard of today. And in that level of scrutiny, there will be no respite. As old learn the new, and the new learn the ways of the old, shall we have the a vision of the future that we can savour.

Re: the early decades of the car--it is amazing how many companies were in existence in the early 20th century, and a car was a fairly complicated mechanism even then.  There must have been some set of common components made by a few suppliers that many car makers used, such as Continental engines which appeared in many marques.  Seems like it would have been a very costly venture to build cars in a vertically integrated fashion, with single marque-specific components...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

It was a new market, not proven to be lucrative over a long span, and it replaced not a technology but a means driven (heh) by the taming of a living creature. Your car isn't the same as your horse.

And it was that changing of possibilities - that wild aspiration, I suppose which eventually drove (heh) the mad frenzy to capture a place to become a legend.

The cars of themselves brought other changes. Where do I store my car? Certainly not with the horses! Perhaps where I park the carriage? What of that? It's of no use no more. 

The car has profound effects. The history of it all.

I sometimes have a random thought.....what if we're the civilization being gazed upon from far away light years? Our existence, in many ways a parallel to the fantasies of beings far away, in our same state, perhaps sharing the same fate.

• Agree 1

It is fascinating to think of all of the change that resulted from the mainstreaming of cars in the early to mid 20th century.   Houses being built w/ garages.  Drive through businesses.  Parking lots. Traffic signals.  Paved roads then freeways...and on and on.

One a side tangent, one thing that I see in house hunting is the rise in the 60s of 2 car households.   So many houses I've seen online in a few areas I'm closely into tick all my boxes for # of bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, back yard, price but have only a 1 car garage...seen many beautiful 40s-50s bricks, MCM, ranches and split levels that have only a 1 car garage.. :(    Trying to avoid boring modern suburban subdivisions.

Yeah. Given how VR is going these days.

Some time's I'm frightened by the possibility, that the world will rid itself of brick and mortar offices for intellectual pursuits to simulate the real thing a device plugged to your head so you can work in VR on something real.

Tangible works - such as medicine - relegated to thinking machines. What of the doctor? A mere administrator. The tool, becomes the master.

Construction - handled by robots, controlled by the intelligence that designs all buildings for maximum utility under the limits of aesthetics, mercifully if created by man, miraculous if made by machine.  

What of man? The machine rises, lets us to pursue what? Meaning in the stars? What about the horrors we find there?

I just read a book about a far future where humans had revolted against machines because they fear they've lost their own ability to manage themselves. It was jihad - because the thinking machines had their own idea of a powerful presence, that they believed was a reflection of a divine image.

Re: the early decades of the car--it is amazing how many companies were in existence in the early 20th century, and a car was a fairly complicated mechanism even then.  There must have been some set of common components made by a few suppliers that many car makers used, such as Continental engines which appeared in many marques.  Seems like it would have been a very costly venture to build cars in a vertically integrated fashion, with single marque-specific components...

Tho yes, there was some 'venders' of components, including engines, the vast majority of bits were proprietary.

Adjusted to today's dollars is even a difficult metric, because of a myriad of reasons, but in general, starting a new automotive venture circa 1905 was not as expensive as today.

Well… today it's outright nearly impossible… but the machines at the dawn were basically motorized carriages, so the bulk of the construction followed familiar methodologies.

Could it be considered a product failure that Adobe Flash Player requires SO many GD updates, seemingly every few months??

Agree, monthly updates does suck but then security breaches suck more. I just hope we get sooner rather than later to having everything be HTML 5 so we can droip all the crappy java stuff, flash this and that, etc.

• Agree 1

Remember, we each have a limit of one down vote per day. Got to use them or lose them. :)

:heart: (Love it)

LOL -

maxresdefault.jpg

Hahaha WTF?!? 

Was that thing actually produced for some country?? If so, I feel bad that Infinity actually looked down on those people so poorly that they would offer them THIS. 

"What country do you hate?"

"Hmmm... XYZ are all fck heads"

"Give them THE Infinity."

Edited by ccap41

People who put on their BRAKES before they turn on their TURN SIGNALS should be stripped of their privilege to drive. PERIOD.

Slowing before turning. I see no issue here, as long as their brake lights work.

Braking before turn signals should be no problem---were you tailgating?

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I'm reading a lot of pre-medidated thoughts here.

My thought was completely random. Any attempt to read any further into it is on the reader.

Seriously. It was an interesting read.

https://luckyottershaven.com/2015/04/29/5-more-weird-things-you-may-see-a-narcissist-do/

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 2

People who put on their BRAKES before they turn on their TURN SIGNALS should be stripped of their privilege to drive. PERIOD.

Slowing before turning. I see no issue here, as long as their brake lights work.

The turn signal comes on WELL before the brake lights.  This courtesy lets the person following time to give the turner plenty of room to slow for the turn, plus make sure the people behind the second person are well clear to prevent an accident.

trying a new excercise regime. Now - full disclosure, I've become a fatso slob....and the last week I cut a 1000 calories from my daily diet while adding anywhere from 200 to 1000 calories extra burned on top of the regular burn rate per day for my height and mass of 1300 calories.

Hoping that by August-end I have reduced BMI from 27% to 18%.

EDIT - committed to excercise regime. Basic core workouts today and yesterday felt like there was nothing there at all....YIKES.

The turn signal comes on WELL before the brake lights.  This courtesy lets the person following time to give the turner plenty of room to slow for the turn, plus make sure the people behind the second person are well clear to prevent an accident.

If you aren't tailgating, the order of signaling vs brake lights shouldn't matter.   Also, if you signal too early, people will speed up to block you from moving over into their lane...