Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

Made my own gun stand this past weekend. It isn't finished yet as I haven't taped or zip tied the foam down and I'd like to spray paint it just do you don't see all of the writing on the pipe. It's definitely a little long and I might cut it down some but it worked this past weekend great. 

8F2FF06F-D710-4E43-8CCF-376B0B899D34_zps

Bummer, I would love to see what you built but cannot for some strange reason. :(

Did it still never show up for you? 

Made my own gun stand this past weekend. It isn't finished yet as I haven't taped or zip tied the foam down and I'd like to spray paint it just do you don't see all of the writing on the pipe. It's definitely a little long and I might cut it down some but it worked this past weekend great. 

Bummer, I would love to see what you built but cannot for some strange reason. :(

Sadly no, I still see it as above and I have checked from both home and work. Not sure why some pics show up this way. Very weird.

Sadly no, I still see it as above and I have checked from both home and work. Not sure why some pics show up this way. Very weird.

I know my work computer does things like that but usually when I'm at home or on my phone I don't have that issue...oh well.. It was just a paintball gun stand 90% complete. I still want to paint it and strap the foam down. 

Unless U R a webmaster for C&G, you shouldn't be on C&G during work, right? ;)

That's what phones are for...I surf C&G on potty breaks at work and at lunch sometimes...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

^ Well, unless your 'potty breaks' are done in full view of your co-workers (in & of itself; NSFW), U should be fairly free to look at whatever level of NSFW sites you wish, right? ;)

I just found the so-dubbed pic on the last page rather tame… but I don't work in the politically correct corporate office world anymore.

It was more of a warning to others that a post just above the warning...viewer discretion is advised.

As it pertains to the high quality not-safe for work content:

The heat of the meat, the mass effect of the a$$ effect equals the angle of the dangle.

:roflmao: This is an AWESOME Post! +1 from me!

Well Done!

I gnaw ice like some sort of Arctic beaver.

Arctic beaver?

Like...snow bunnies?

Yeah...I like to gnaw on snow bunnies also....especially the Arctic Beaver part...

tumblr_m9gx78YRgJ1qfq2hwo1_500.jpg

That is a Sweet 5 Pack of Snow Bunnies. I would enjoy gnawing on them too! :P

^ Well, unless your 'potty breaks' are done in full view of your co-workers (in & of itself; NSFW), U should be fairly free to look at whatever level of NSFW sites you wish, right? ;)

I just found the so-dubbed pic on the last page rather tame… but I don't work in the politically correct corporate office world anymore.

Obviously not going to go to non work related websites on my company computer or company phone. Keep personal stuff on personal hardware.

hmmm..anti-gravity hovercar? 

'58-59 Curtiss Wright 2500 Air Car. Yep- a hovercraft.

C-W tried to market it to the military, but while it proved its potential on level surfaces, it floundered on mildly rough terrain & the Army declined.

They then angled toward civilian usage, but there's really just no way to operate it on the road. It's a 19-foot long 3-seater that makes semi-precise, wobbly turns amid a mild cyclone of noise & dust. 

C-W floated the idea of a small  passenger version called the "Bee", but it never saw 3-D status. So only 2 prototypes were built (both survive).

Late last year the red Air Car above was asking $99K.

Edited by balthazar

Hey guys, my cover band finished recording our demos, and the first two are posted online. They're basically live recordings, reproducing what we can actually play at a performance, the final vocals were recorded afterward in a sound booth for quality.

I play keyboard, my brother sings and plays drums (he has a headset mic), my dad plays bass, and our close friend plays lead guitar.

So far you can listen to Superstition (Stevie Wonder) and Hemorrhage (Fuel). It would be awesome if you could lend me your ears!

https://www.reverbnation.com/kingsoftherevolution1/song/25709159-superstition-stevie-wonder

• Agree 1

Hey guys, my cover band finished recording our demos, and the first two are posted online. They're basically live recordings, reproducing what we can actually play at a performance, the final vocals were recorded afterward in a sound booth for quality.

I play keyboard, my brother sings and plays drums (he has a headset mic), my dad plays bass, and our close friend plays lead guitar.

So far you can listen to Superstition (Stevie Wonder) and Hemorrhage (Fuel). It would be awesome if you could lend me your ears!

https://www.reverbnation.com/kingsoftherevolution1/song/25709159-superstition-stevie-wonder

Remind me later some time. I'd really like to listen and check out our band but I can't at work..and I forgot my phone at home today ( :palm: ). PM me the link so I have it. 

Nice sound you guys have.

• Agree 1

Thanks! We're releasing one new song each week (we have 6 demos total) leading up to our first gig in May.

Thanks! We're releasing one new song each week (we have 6 demos total) leading up to our first gig in May.

Im really impressed by your band's ability to play.....

Your brother sounds great...Im taking it he aint using auto-tune.

The lead guitarist is awesome. Especially that little solo he did in Hemorrhage.

I couldnt get to hear your thing, crappy computer speakers, but I could tell you guys have great chemistry.

• Agree 1

Im really impressed by your band's ability to play.....

Your brother sounds great...Im taking it he aint using auto-tune.

The lead guitarist is awesome. Especially that little solo he did in Hemorrhage.

I couldnt get to hear your thing, crappy computer speakers, but I could tell you guys have great chemistry.

You are correct, no auto tune for our vocals! In fact, every band member sings in some capacity, so we can have up to 4-part harmonies. I'm glad you noticed our ability, we pride ourselves on our musicianship and our drive to remain faithful to the original songs. Speaking of solos and chemistry, one of our other demos is Light My Fire by the Doors, and I can't wait to share that one!

We did one demo from each decade:

1960s: Light My Fire (the Doors)

1970s: Superstition (Stevie Wonder)

1980s: Cheap Sunglasses (ZZ Top)

1990s: Remedy (the Black Crowes)

2000s: Hemorrhage (Fuel)

2010s: Something from Nothing (Foo Fighters)

Edited by cp-the-nerd
  • Agree 1

Dude...you know how much I LOVE classic rock.

Light My Fire....its a must for you to share!!!!

Cheap Sunglasses too...

Gotta say this is a classic song that is so enjoyable to listen too! :D

Every time I see something about Montreal anywhere where big media is involved, I get all choked up inside.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/news/a28874/theres-a-lamborghini-diablo-with-one-mile/

Road and Track article about a Lambo Diablo with 1 mile on the odometer is on sale at Lamborghini Montreal for half a million.

Cool about the car.

Even cooler that its in Montreal.

At least for me....

Bellanca, an old M/T Moderator, ordered his Lincoln Continental Black Label. Its White Platinum, Chalet Theme with every single option.

2017-Lincoln-Continental-top-view.jpg

Bell ordered one, eh?? Gettin rid of the ole Jag. That's exciting!

I wish there was a good way to connect back to the handful of MT guys, like Bell, to keep in contact with them. 

Some people sure wear false fronts.

And by that I don't mean padded bras.

- - - - - -

I had the opportunity to buy this before it went on the market, but the asking price of $15K was not in my discretionary budget at the time :

IMG_1442_zpsri2127uv.jpg

Here's one of the pics I took from where it was parked with a bunch of other rare vintage FoMoCos in a long, dirt-floored lean-to :

Left%20Side%20from%20Rear%20for%20HAMB_z

It is either 1 of 2 built, or 1 of 1. 

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 1

Bellanca, an old M/T Moderator, ordered his Lincoln Continental Black Label. Its White Platinum, Chalet Theme with every single option.

I wish there was a good way to connect back to the handful of MT guys, like Bell, to keep in contact with them. 

Invite them here.

Invite them here.

I'll ask.