Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

Whoops derp.

I really just meant to show my like of the curves moar....

I also just like a burl swirl pattern. It's old, proven and them curves tho.

What can I say, I'm a burl wood 'tard, and I am a proud burl lover, and as President Suave I approve this message.

Make America Grape again!!!

• Agree 2

Olds, you're killin' me with the AT&T Park/Giants picture! I HATE the SF Giants. They're just one of those teams I've never liked and for no real reason... 

LOL!!!

OK...Ill take it down.

I just wanted to post a nice cool pic of a  nice cool baseball field.

I went from Fenway Park to 1930s Wrigley Field to 1930s Yankee Stadium to 1950s Ebbets Field...

Then I remembered that AT&T baseball field has a cool view...so I went with that.

I found a cool pic of Wrigley Field free of marketing advertising BS....although I did enjoy the years when that house was painted all red and advertised Budweiser back in the day.

That gray CT6 interior w/o wood is pretty blah, but the two tone w/ tan and wood looks very nice..

:huh:  :AH-HA:

SKOOL.  How sick is this?  :)  Click to blow it UP!

attachicon.gif2016_chevrolet_city_city-express.png

Dang..that Nisvy van is seriously homely...

That gray CT6 interior w/o wood is pretty blah, but the two tone w/ tan and wood looks very nice..

:huh:  :AH-HA:

SKOOL.  How sick is this?  :)  Click to blow it UP!

attachicon.gif2016_chevrolet_city_city-express.png

Remember the days of REAL CUSTOM VANS!

post-12-0-85069700-1457876543_thumb.jpg

• Agree 2

I want to see the custom van craze return, only this time, the miniature cargo vans should lead the charge to funkadelia!  Imagine a Transit Connect, The Chevy/Datsun, and the Ram... all decked out with airbrushing, porthole windows, crushed velvet sex pit interiors... OMG!!!  Would be fun as heck.

• Agree 1

I remember the van era from being a kid in the 70s, remember seeing lots of colorful ones around the Upper Ohio Valley ...my older brother briefly was into them, had a two tone green '70 Ford Econoline Club Wagon back in '78-79.. 

• Agree 1

I remember the van era from being a kid in the 70s, remember seeing lots of colorful ones around the Upper Ohio Valley ...my older brother briefly was into them, had a two tone green '70 Ford Econoline Club Wagon back in '78-79.. 

In the 70's, as a kid, i was practically raised in my dad's old van (a lot of traveling in it, I mean) which was a '72 Chevy Sport10 Van with a three on the tree. By the time I was eight, that van was ugly as all get out yet my dad kept it for another 8 years because it was bulletproof. The only out of service replacement was a radiator. It was a beast! If I can find a picture of it, I will post it (as soon as I figure out how to do that here).

I really cant stand the Eurovan look.

I learned how to drive the  Montreal winters and parallel park in my uncle's 1988 white Chevy Van. Work van. 350 cubic inch V8. No side windows.  

I remember those 1970s custom vans and my all time favorite van is this one:

complete_van1.jpg

Obviously my uncle's van did not look like that, but you could see where my allegiance falls regarding vans.

My second favorite van would be these:

image-1.jpg

and tied for second place:

x_64352f7f.jpg

So...these Eurovans could kiss my @$$!

Vans were never appealing to me. I do remember seeing this one a few times, the 'Gladiator' :

5243418016_591a40e152_z.jpg

But if one were to turn the proportions around from the traditional box, I can start to see some potential :

962e532b6c75065096850f2a59570c64.jpg

or :

DSC09804-vi.jpg

But the only way to get me to reach for my wallet for a van is along these lines :

a2ae5f218f64f6c86294a24bb25f4b01.jpg

or :

e538aa5ccc201db1b73c0feffca1119a.jpg

• Agree 1

Goodbye Mags. You gave me eight great years.

Do i smell a "guess what I bought" thread"? coming?!?

I wish. I have been out of work for a couple of months so I had to sell the Magnum to cover my mortgage. Hopefully I'll have that very thing here in a few months but for now, I am sharing my wife's HHR.

Ew, what in tarnation?

Tesla Model X, of course...

I know, but why is it so daggone UGLY?  :huh:

Other than the gimmicky 'falcon doors' and undersized grille, it looks fine...basically the same styling themes as the Model S translated into a CUV...

Ew, what in tarnation?

Because ALL soccer mom SUVs are ugly....every single mother$@#$%!% one of them!!!

But...because this one is a Tesla...all is good in the hood!

No they are not there, Skeeterbite.  This Tesla should be crossed off everyone's list, like this:  X

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Ew, what in tarnation?

Because ALL soccer mom SUVs are ugly....every single mother$@#$%!% one of them!!!

But...because this one is a Tesla...all is good in the hood!

No they are not there, Skeeterbite.  This Tesla should be crossed off everyone's list, like this:  X

Yup...like THAT!   X

Because X Marks the Spot!

Tesla Model X!!  Yeah Boi!  Word to your motha!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Agree 1

Haha, I can tell you've been issued a tight sweater, pom-poms and saddle shoes.  GO TEAM!  :roflmao:

Hey...where I come from...damming raging rivers produces cheap electricity...

hydro-quebec-centrale-mercier-1.jpg

Give me a   T

Give me an E

Give me a   L

Give me a   S

Give me an A

Gooooooo!   TESLA!

cowboys-cheer-12-2-12.gif?resize=520%2C2

• Agree 2

Blu...as a consumer...

Electric vehicles benefit me.

Electricity versus black gold is cheaper for me.

As a Quebecois...electric vehicles benefit me...as the source of fuel that powers the electric vehicle  is produce and sold and the monies made stay in my Province...

As an environmentalist...not really, but for the sake of this argument, the electricity produced in my Province through its raging rivers via damming lakes and introducing generators beneath the raging rivers is as green as it gets...

As an enthusiast....yes an enthusiast...a MUSCLE CAR enthusiast

INSTANTANEOUS torque  tickles my fancy...and electric cars have instantaneous torque no matter what speed, no matter what rev range...

So...the V8 burble is lost...its a criteria that I dont mind not having...hey...it aint 1969 dude...take a look around you...THERE ARE NO V8s burbling anymore...RAV4s, Camrys and fake cheapo  entry level 4 cylinder lux Mercedes and Bimmers roam our streets...

• I don't find the model X ugly. I DO find it to already be slightly dated. 

• I DO find it funny that --engineered from scratch without the fixed bulk of a IC engine/transaxle assembly-- it still has an immense front wheel drive overbite.

• The Aerovette doors were put on the wrong row of seats, unfortunately.

• With those tires, it'll never see a dirt road in a 1000 years, so it would've been a refreshing detail to have forgone the plastic wheel well edging for a change.

THERE ARE NO V8s burbling anymore...

Ummm….. yeah.

• Agree 2

• I don't find the model X ugly. I DO find it to already be slightly dated. 

• I DO find it funny that --engineered from scratch without the fixed bulk of a IC engine/transaxle assembly-- it still has an immense front wheel drive overbite.

• The Aerovette doors were put on the wrong row of seats, unfortunately.

• With those tires, it'll never see a dirt road in a 1000 years, so it would've been a refreshing detail to have forgone the plastic wheel well edging for a change.

THIS...I agree with.

If one is to complain about a Model X....THIS is the way to go and is as legit as it gets.

But to whine about it just because its electric...well...

I gave reasons why I may like a Model X...well, not the Model X because I HATE ALL CUVs and SUVs and this Model X is no exception...but a Model S would be greatly accepted in my driveway. Or a Chevy  Volt. Or the upcoming Tesla Model 3.

Ummm….. yeah.

Not where I come from...

Gasoline is expensive where I come from...literally, there are but a handful of V8s...

The new Mustang is out and about in Montreal...Ive seen 7-8 of them in the wild...1 was a GT. The rest were all ecoboosted 4 cylinders...

The LX cars from Chrysler...a decade ago...most were of the Hemi variety...today...all Pentastars.

The price of oil is what?  $30-$35 a barrel?

In Montreal...the price of gasoline...87 octane...$1.09 CDN per liter today...

Edited by oldshurst442

1968 Montreal...only 4 cars in the picture...all V8s.

7832863854_e8efd154fc.jpg

Early 1980s Montreal

Many cars in the pic...a couple of 4 cylinders, a possible 6 Cylinder Malibu, it could also be a V8 Malibu, and 4 visible V8s...

92813909_a3504fd255.jpg?v=0

Recent picture of Montreal traffic.

I bet you WONT find 4 V8s in all of that congestion...

I see 6 V8s...one is a Ford E350 bus, A GMC Savanna commercial Van, a Cadillac Escalade a couple of pick-up trucks....but no cars....only the Escalade  one could  say that a dude actually bought his vehicle for the V8 burble...the rest are commercial purposed....

A sea of 4 cylinder cars...including a couple of those cheap, false entry level lux Bimmers...

043282c4-2d97-4c39-97f3-23aa2c129991_ORI

Edited by oldshurst442

Can't make out most of the cars in your pics.

'60s pic :: '68 Impala wagon: standard 6, LeSabre would only be an 8.

'70s pic :: Nova, Fury & Impala: standard 6, Cadillac would only be an 8.

I get your point, but just because they're not motoring thru your neighborhood, you can still get 'em. Lots of 'em.
Today, most are in trucks tho.

I get your point, but just because they're not motoring thru your neighborhood, you can still get 'em. Lots of 'em.

Yeah...most of them are in trucks...

Point is in my favour...

And now...watch this:

EcoBoost_R03-web.jpg

I think Ive made my point.

And...to boot...but I wouldnt bet all my money on what Im about to say just yet...but I think that electric vehicles in Quebec out sell V8 cars...cars is the keyword...

Yes...take all the V8 cars out there...Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, Hemi 300Cs and Chargers, Challengers, Mercedes Benz S classes and the like and I think the Tesla Model S out sells all V8s in Quebec...

Yeah...most of them are in trucks...

Point is in my favour...

And now...watch this:

EcoBoost_R03-web.jpg

I think Ive made my point.

And...to boot...but I wouldnt bet all my money on what Im about to say just yet...but I think that electric vehicles in Quebec out sell V8 cars...cars is the keyword...

Yes...take all the V8 cars out there...Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, Hemi 300Cs and Chargers, Challengers, Mercedes Benz S classes and the like and I think the Tesla Model S out sells all V8s in Quebec...

Your point being what exactly?  All those turbochargers, all that lack of displacement... and the simple reliable 5.0 gets the same or better fuel mileage in the real world... where ppl actually use their trucks.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Point being?

Even the continent's  (U.S.A. AND Canada!) best selling vehicle and pick-up truck is foregoing V8s for one reason or other...

Electric vehicles are gaining steam (...er...electricity) You know, people have been driving gasoline powered cars for over a century and have gasoline stations in every street corner possible, yet many are giving this electric car thing a chance....well, maybe not where YOU live as charcoal burning electric factories are dirty dirty propositions....but where I live...and $85 000 - $100 000 CDN electric powered Teslas make for a much more intelligent choice...

And in Quebec, $85 000 - $100 000 CDN is very very very very hard to come by.

The Province/State which is taxed the most in North America.

The Province/State where gasoline prices are probably the highest.

The Province/State where there are probably the most people living below the poverty line and not many people living beyond the mid level middle class...

A Province/State where NOBODY wants to do business in...Quebec Premier Ministers and Canada's Prime Minister not only BEG for foreign investor's to dump money into this Province, but Canadian investor's also....heck, Quebec companies THREATEN the Province to leave the Province because Quebec business practices are the WORST in North America!!!!   Yes...WORSE than California's!!!

So...my point?

As an enthusiast of muscle cars where huge amounts of torque are the key at very low Revolutions Per Minute (RPMs), an electric vehicle like a Tesla Model S answers that question with flying colours.

Ford...with its ENTHUSIASTIC Raptor...went ecoboost V6 on us!

ford-f-150-raptor-ra-9_600x0w.jpg

Point is....the electric motor in a horseless carriage is running of its rails like a crazy train.

Like a bat out of hell it goes.

And...its much much much cheaper, more reliable, with no liquids other than windshield washer fluid to run!

You like, you like.

You dont like, your problem, not mine.

Keep the blinders on, your loss, not mine!

Ummm….. yeah.

Not where I come from...

Gasoline is expensive where I come from...literally, there are but a handful of V8s...

The new Mustang is out and about in Montreal...Ive seen 7-8 of them in the wild...1 was a GT. The rest were all ecoboosted 4 cylinders...

The LX cars from Chrysler...a decade ago...most were of the Hemi variety...today...all Pentastars.

The price of oil is what?  $30-$35 a barrel?

In Montreal...the price of gasoline...87 octane...$1.09 CDN per liter today...

I live too suburban for electric cars to surpass V8s for quite awhile. While I'm not in Texas or Kansas I'd still say the fields around me still say I'm in truck country and V8's a plenty still. Yes, there are a lot of 3.5T F150s around but there are still a lot of 5.0s along with the GM and Ram V8s. Trucks everywhere around my parts. Crazy how many people just want trucks because I see an awful lot of Platinums and Denalis which are barely even trucks as much as luxury SUVs with a bed. 

Random FYI: Regular unleaded just rose to $2.09/gallon around here. Just last week it was about $1.69-1.79/gallon and Missouri is always about $0.10-0.20/gallon cheaper. 

Edited by ccap41
  • Agree 1