Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

Don't know if this helps... we just fixed a 2016 Miata.  Dude had 20 miles on it when he wrecked it on the way home from dealership.

Did the person get hit or were they driving it as if it was a race car? I just do not understand how a person wrecks their new ride in only 20 miles.

I haven't been here in a while.

Glad to see you pop back up Scarlet, enjoy all the new peeps and the variety of stories.

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Anyone know a good place to rent for a couple weeks at the end of December in Florida?  Southern preferably.

If you've never used AirBnB before, I highly recommend it

I forgot all about that site.

Have you used it and stayed?  

Went to a large Mui Thai fight event last night as my nieces husband had his first sanctioned fight. 3 rounds and Steve knocked out the guy in the first round. TKO

The other guy was a bit taller but same weight as Steve but clearly underestimated Steve who was not as defined but as a job he repairs semi truck tires on the side of a freeway. He is Samoan and while he still has some fat to loose, Jess has had him on a good diet and he is strong as an OX. He is also left handed and I do not think the guy realized that as Steve knocked him out with a left hook.

Enjoyable, will say best fight was the woman, they just kicked ass. Far more aggressive fighters than the guys.

Material items.

Saw an article that claimed the average household has 300,000 items in it/on its property, and I fear I am wildly over that number, by a factor of many.

I shudder to think how much stuff I have spread between two houses and four storage units, in 3 states...

A friend of mine in Denver keeps a spreadsheet of everything he and his wife has..he says it's for insurance purposes, but I think it's just part of his OCD (though he prefers to spell it in alphabetic order--CDO)

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

Material items.

Saw an article that claimed the average household has 300,000 items in it/on its property, and I fear I am wildly over that number, by a factor of many.

We're a species of hoarders.

I am genetically predisposed to the more extreme end of the scale, a number of family members being extreme hoarders. I have to remind myself to purge regularly so to not end up in the same situation. 

Day off work.  Frost is on the ground, and a thick frozen fog is weighing down the atmosphere.  This should be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Sounds like a perfect day for creating additional customer work for you. Smash, Bang, Boom goes the body metal. :P

Material items.

We're a species of hoarders.

I am genetically predisposed to the more extreme end of the scale, a number of family members being extreme hoarders. I have to remind myself to purge regularly so to not end up in the same situation. 

My sisters are very much hoarders and still have everything their adults kids used, wore, etc since they were babies.

My attitude is if I have not used it in 90 days, probably not going to and might as well get rid of it. Yes there are some things like tools I do not get rid of but normal household items can be purged more frequently.

wow, so new quarter panel, hood repair, why take off the sideview mirror and door handle? Also I thought the deer hit the side but the nose is gone or did they take it off for the repair and it will go back on after paint?

Thanks for posting, very cool.

wow, so new quarter panel, hood repair, why take off the sideview mirror and door handle? Also I thought the deer hit the side but the nose is gone or did they take it off for the repair and it will go back on after paint?

To get the headlight out, the bumper has to come off, plus for paint work, even if the fender were only going to be repaired, and replacing the fender.  To ensure color match, the door has to be blended... but I see paint marker marks at the front of the door.  The fender was probably pushed back into the door, causing a binding when the door was opened, which in turn damaged the front edge of the door.  I see you have Progressive insurance.

Edited by ocnblu

To get the headlight out, the bumper has to come off, plus for paint work, even if the fender were only going to be repaired, and replacing the fender.  To ensure color match, the door has to be blended... but I see paint marker marks at the front of the door.  The fender was probably pushed back into the door, causing a binding when the door was opened, which in turn damaged the front edge of the door.  I see you have Progressive insurance.

Keen eye. But no the door was not rubbing the fender. I honestly don't know why they marked it there, I didn't see any damage there when I still had it. 

Damn right I have Progressive! They've been doing an awesome job with this, plus my rates are awesome. 

Keen eye. But no the door was not rubbing the fender. I honestly don't know why they marked it there, I didn't see any damage there when I still had it. 

Damn right I have Progressive! They've been doing an awesome job with this, plus my rates are awesome. 

;)  Well, Progressive uses those markers to denote damage for photographs to attach to your claim file.  The damage at the front edge of the door may have been slight, or hidden by the fender before it was taken off.  It clearly, to me, is not just a blend panel.  I can see chips in the paint on the door within the highlighted areas on the photo you posted.  I would check your final estimate when you get the car back and see if there is repair time on the door.  I hope you get your baby back soon, and the repairs are fully satisfactory.

Edited by ocnblu

I dont mind watching a HABS team dominate a Bruins team in hockey plays...what I do mind though, is when all these changes they made to the game as of late to eliminate aggressiveness, a Bruins/Habs rivalry becomes boring when the Bruins actually try to play hockey to try to win knowing that they might not have the skills to win...yes....yes...a bit of goonery to spice up the rivalry and intensity to "send a message" for the next game is what I wished would happen...but what we have here....is actual hockey.... :unsure:

What is that all about???!!!

I know the Bruins will lose tonight, even though its only 1-0 for the Habs heading into the 3rd...I WANT TO SEE A REAL HOCKEY GAME BREAK OUT!!!

Today I watched a video of a guy playing "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC on bagpipes that shot flames out of them.

I don't know how we survived before the Internet.

We talked about how a friend of a friend of a friend saw a guy play "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC on bagpipes that shot flames out of them and we simply used our imaginations run wild.

I must admit...its "funner" just to 'google' and see it for myself though...

AND ITS 1-1!!!

GOOD!!!

But to tell you the truth...Id rather see a few HABS noses being bloodied rather than just a 1-1 tie!

HOWEVER...the Bruins just scored again!!!....OK OK....Ill take the 2-1 lead!!!