Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

:drool:

That white Colorado looks awesome!!

What's one of those kits cost?

Not sure but they look secksi as HECK lifted!
yeah!

They really don't even look like a "small" truck at all when lifted. Not like they do not lifted either but even more so with that lift kit and aftermarket wheels.

Has the moble site slightly changed for anybody else?

You can't click the "new content" link because it is staggered under the "main menu" link unless I turn my phone sideways.

Anybody else? I have an iPhone 6.

I see the same thing....iPhone 6, Safari browser...

Well..at least it isn't just mine..lol

You can't click the "new content" link because it is staggered under the "main menu" link unless I turn my phone sideways.

You might want to report stuff like that to the site admin.  :mellow:  :mellow:  :ph34r:

Edit: Can one of the two of you take a screen shot of what you're seeing and PM it to me?

You might want to report stuff like that to the site admin.  :mellow:  :mellow:  :ph34r:

Edit: Can one of the two of you take a screen shot of what you're seeing and PM it to me?

Done.

Should be fixed now.

• Agree 1

Should be fixed now.

Yes it is! Thank you!

Well I wasn't sure if it was just me or not that's why I wanted to ask if anybody else was having the issue or if it was just me on my phone.

Olds print ad, New York Herald Tribune ~

"Every 30 seconds of every business day another proud owner steps out in a new Oldsmobile. 

Why is going Olds the going thing? Oldsmobile's stylish look is the most obvious answer. Its famous Rocket performance is another. Ditto its ultra-smooth coil-spring ride and near effortless handling. Is it any wonder that nearly 1,700 people a day are making the move to Olds?"

Dealership listing: Bronx (4), Brooklyn (7), Manhattan (4), Queens (6).

~ 1963. Olds model year sales : 476,753

• Agree 1

So, some high Jackass hit my truck in a parking lot and ran.  Hit me so hard he pushed my truck over about a foot.  Despite having a witnes that knew the guys name, police say there is nothing they can do about it. 

20151109_085240_zpsrbzfhldt.jpg

They have a WITNESS AND A NAME and the cops wont pursue it?!?!

What the everloving f@#k!!

So, some high Jackass hit my truck in a parking lot and ran.  Hit me so hard he pushed my truck over about a foot.  Despite having a witnes that knew the guys name, police say there is nothing they can do about it. 

Yep, and me and the witness both went to file the report at the station.  Irks me to say the least.  All he could say was "at least it is just an old truck".

Yep, and me and the witness both went to file the report at the station.  Irks me to say the least.  All he could say was "at least it is just an old truck".

Nope...that cop, sheriff perhaps...is just too lazy to do his job. Take it to a higher authority or go OVER his authority somehow...because that is a hit and run causing physical damage...and If Im not mistaken...a hit and run is a CRIMINAL offense ANYWHERE in the world.

I know for a fact its a criminal offense punishable by imprisonment at the most extreme cases in Quebec... but still garners a criminal record even if just a fine is applied...and Im 90% certain it is the same elsewhere on the planet...

Edited by oldshurst442

Nope...that cop, sheriff perhaps...is just too lazy to do his job. Take it to a higher authority or go OVER his authority somehow...because that is a hit and run causing physical damage...and If Im not mistaken...a hit and run is a CRIMINAL offense ANYWHERE in the world.

I know for a fact its a criminal offense punishable by imprisonment at the most extreme cases in Quebec... but still garners a criminal record even if just a fine is applied...and Im 90% certain it is the same elsewhere on the planet...

Frankly, I agree. Take your case to someone else. Call the next closest police station if you have to. What EXACTLY does it take to prosecute someone in a hit and run if a witness and name aren't enough??

Frankly, I agree. Take your case to someone else. Call the next closest police station if you have to. What EXACTLY does it take to prosecute someone in a hit and run if a witness and name aren't enough??

I think I am gonna check wih the State and see what they say.  Seemed pretty ridiculous to me.

I think I am gonna check wih the State and see what they say.  Seemed pretty ridiculous to me.

Do everything you can. Selfish, irresponsible people make me sick, they act like they're entitled to cover their own ass when they f@#k up someone else's life. Sorry to sound like an angry old man, but our society is a disgrace. The "me, myself, and I" culture has GOT to stop. The same people that pull these hit and runs would probably be the first to turn around and sue someone if they got their ass kicked for their own actions.

When my parked car was hit in the exact same way--minus the witness--not only did I have to fork out a $250 deductible, but my insurance decided to raise my rates by like $150 a year! I had a police report and did everything by the book. Thanks, State Farm. They're "like a good neighbor" that loans you some tools and then gives you an invoice when you return them the next day. I ended up dropping them and joining my fiance's bundle plan with Allstate.

3 pedals in that one!  It's basically a luxury Supra!  I don't even like Lexus all that much and I'd be tempted.

Exactly! It's rare enough that there are only a handful listed on Autotrader across the entire U.S. Besides the tacky wheels, this one is incredibly clean, too. My only problem is that I told myself I wouldn't buy another unreasonable car after I sold the Firebird. The price, though, is pretty hard to resist at $3500... Oh, Firebird money, I'm not sure how long you'll be safe. 

• Agree 1

3 pedals in that one!  It's basically a luxury Supra!  I don't even like Lexus all that much and I'd be tempted.

Exactly! It's rare enough that there are only a handful listed on Autotrader across the entire U.S. Besides the tacky wheels, this one is incredibly clean, too. My only problem is that I told myself I wouldn't buy another unreasonable car after I sold the Firebird. The price, though, is pretty hard to resist at $3500... Oh, Firebird money, I'm not sure how long you'll be safe. 

Heck... and that price....  :scratchchin:

@Motor Trend folks - since they updated the site, I can't log in at work. I don't know if something is interfering with the Mac OS or Firefox specifically, but it's driving me crazy. Is anyone else having issues?

I didn't have a problem but that was not on a Mac OS. My phone has been fine(iPhone 6) too. Buuuut none of them are Mac laptops or desktops.

It's a bit windy around here today.....so much for bagging some leaves.....

It was incredibly windy here today. Last night through today was 20-40mph winds. STL.

The eyewitness accounts are awful. Hostages weren't taken as bargaining chips, they were used to keep police at bay while they continued killing until they chose to set off their suicide bombs. Most hostages didn't survive. Only one terrorist of eight didn't get a chance to set off his explosive vest.

I suppose it's fortunate that the terrorists couldn't achieve a plot with the scale and body count of 9/11.

Well, this is the second big attack in France recently (remember Charlie Hebdo?).

The president of France has promised retaliation. The only thing that might keep the whole thing from becoming a complete bloodbath is that ISIS has claimed responsibility, so they don't have to play whack-a-mole with every single radical Islamic organization out there.

But, yeah... patience and tolerance have to be getting pretty frayed in France right now.

Well, this is the second big attack in France recently (remember Charlie Hebdo?).

The president of France has promised retaliation. The only thing that might keep the whole thing from becoming a complete bloodbath is that ISIS has claimed responsibility, so they don't have to play whack-a-mole with every single radical Islamic organization out there.

But, yeah... patience and tolerance have to be getting pretty frayed in France right now.

Yes, this event has bothered me a lot. I think I'm going to stop posting in most car threads for the time being. I don't even care, global affairs just seem more important than what car does what, which automaker wins an award. This hits close to home.

I live in a neighborhood, basically known for having a lot of um, well... the same demographic (general terms from Middle East/ Afghanistan/Pakistan/West Africa) and such that the terrorists claim their origin thereof. They've gotta be squirming at how prejudice will only increase. Fortunately I'm not from that demographic so I don't have to deal with any of it.

I know a few people who wear very conservative wear and long traditional Middle Eastern beards. People of similar likeness, they better be ready for backlash, if not in calm Canada (maybe Quebec though), certainly some in America, oh and France for sure.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail, but damn, how many years has some kind of military force outside of the flaming region in question been at war there?

Better not to get an answer...

Edited by Suaviloquent
correction to my post.

I think the only solution would require some kind of whac-a-mole 'shoot to kill'... 'anything moves it dies' in some situations. Any attempts of getting cooperation with locals to fight against terror always seem to inevitably backfire, for a myriad of reasons.

@Motor Trend folks - since they updated the site, I can't log in at work. I don't know if something is interfering with the Mac OS or Firefox specifically, but it's driving me crazy. Is anyone else having issues?

Me too. The forum login window is just blank on my end but I haven't been sweating it since I frequent there less and less these days.

Me too. The forum login window is just blank on my end but I haven't been sweating it since I frequent there less and less these days.

Just Another reason to not bother going there. :P

Really you have us here so why bother with them? ;)

Interesting now that the Muslim Radicals have made such a huge kill, the Muslims are now speaking out against the radicals.

Just Another reason to not bother going there. :P

Really you have us here so why bother with them? ;)

Interesting now that the Muslim Radicals have made such a huge kill, the Muslims are now speaking out against the radicals.

Very true. I still go there to read the reviews and such but as far as that forum goes, good riddance save for a few posters there. This place is much better kept and I think Drew has done a great job considering all the craziness he's had to deal with as of late (myself included in that).

• Agree 2

TESTICULAR FORTITUDE

Spur of the moment?

Anyways I imagined that statement with RAM truck commercial voiceover dude's voice.

Guts. Glory. Testicular Fortitude. RAAAAMMMM

Then I imagined Jeep Grand Cherokee ad music. The one they played during the "What we make Makes us Commerical"

Oddly befitting.  :truck:

• Agree 1

TESTICULAR FORTITUDE

Spur of the moment?

Anyways I imagined that statement with RAM truck commercial voiceover dude's voice.

Guts. Glory. Testicular Fortitude. RAAAAMMMM

Then I imagined Jeep Grand Cherokee ad music. The one they played during the "What we make Makes us Commerical"

Oddly befitting.  :truck:

Let's not forget the best one yet! Built like a Rock! Solid as a Rock!, Hard as a Rock!  :chevy:

• Agree 1

Ugh. Having an argument with a guy on the Malibu forum over why you'd have to be f@#king retarded to consider putting DRs on a Malibu Turbo just to eke out a few more tenths at a drag strip. Apparently everyone only goes to the drag strip for glory runs so all that matters is getting the best time for bragging rights.

He recommended it to someone else. I was chatting with a guy who is modding his Malibu 2.0T (within REASON) and he posted his time slip showing his 14.3 @ 98, and mister racecar fool chimes in:

"Looks like you just need a set of some DR's, I bet if you got that 2.2 60' down to a 1.9-1.8, you'd be well into the 13's."

First of all, no, not in the 13s, but why is that even a suggestion? That's entirely missing the point. This guy's clearly one of the "car enthusiasts" that make us all cringe.

He recommended it to someone else. I was chatting with a guy who is modding his Malibu 2.0T (within REASON) and he posted his time slip showing his 14.3 @ 98, and mister racecar fool chimes in:

"Looks like you just need a set of some DR's, I bet if you got that 2.2 60' down to a 1.9-1.8, you'd be well into the 13's."

First of all, no, not in the 13s, but why is that even a suggestion? That's entirely missing the point. This guy's clearly one of the "car enthusiasts" that make us all cringe.

Oh jeez...

There will always be that guy though.. unrealistic expectations per modification. He thinks you can cut down his ET 4+ tenths with drag radials. Unless he's boosted it from the aftermarket There will be gains but I don't think the car is powerful enough to benefit from them.