Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

@A Horse With No Name Thank you for posting that video, WOW, that is crazy the amount of water that came down.

We had a Category 5 Atmospheric River storm that was expected to hit Oregon and Washington last week, at the last minute the storm pushed north into Vancouver BC up to Anchorage Alaska with over 6" of rain fall per hour over a 24hr period, flooding and so much crazy water. Lucky it hit mostly uninhabited space.

• Agree 1

Very interesting read. I have always felt that immigrants helped this country, and the facts are proving that out. Most immigrants start their own business than take existing jobs. This is some interesting facts that help explain how we continue to grow our GNP.

Are immigrants taking jobs from 'native' U.S. workers? Here's what economists say (msn.com)

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, G. David Felt said:

Very interesting read. I have always felt that immigrants helped this country, and the facts are proving that out. Most immigrants start their own business than take existing jobs. This is some interesting facts that help explain how we continue to grow our GNP.

Are immigrants taking jobs from 'native' U.S. workers? Here's what economists say (msn.com)

Absolutely. Of course, Springfield is 45 minutes from where I live. Lots of crazy stuff here. NAZI's openly marching in both Springfield and Grove City, the suburb I am closest to. 

Wild how this brand new F150 catches fire and burns so quickly. Even odder how the fire seems to melt/vaporize the aluminum cab. 

Oddly enough, we have a harpsichord in our music department, it sounds awesome. Different Harpsichord, but every type of music is keeping me sane. 

• Agree 1

So after only seeing a few Merc EQ-vehicles over the last handful of months. Just yesterday and today I've managed to see an EQB SUV, EQE Sedan, EQS Sedan and an EQS SUV. Also, they were all black. 

Just seems to odd that all of a sudden I see these in the span of basically 24hours. All of them were in motion so I couldn't grab a picture of them. Plus, they're all really ugly so it's no loss to not have to see any of them, hahaha. 

• Agree 1

More of an intense sudden thought than a random one:

I am driving down the street on this beautiful day in the Redneck Riviera and I see this ...

20240930_115715.thumb.jpg.c59ae8834bfc7a87283cabe61daf92b8.jpg

... do I knock on the door when I'm not in a fixed enough situation to buy?  It's just what the doctor ordered ... the last rendition of the simple "less is more" base Monte Carlo in white, with alloys, and some glass tinting ... hopefully gray or tan cloth inside.  At any rate, this is a 17 year-old car (if 2007) and an 18 year-old car (if 2006) and, well, I'm in love ... sort of ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

18 hours ago, ccap41 said:

So after only seeing a few Merc EQ-vehicles over the last handful of months. Just yesterday and today I've managed to see an EQB SUV, EQE Sedan, EQS Sedan and an EQS SUV. Also, they were all black. 

Just seems to odd that all of a sudden I see these in the span of basically 24hours. All of them were in motion so I couldn't grab a picture of them. Plus, they're all really ugly so it's no loss to not have to see any of them, hahaha. 

They are ugly 

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Today, a presidential record is made.

Jimmy Carter becomes the first American president to become a centenarian.

Happy 100th birthday, Mr. Carter!

Living good has done the man good!

15 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

More of an intense sudden thought than a random one:

I am driving down the street on this beautiful day in the Redneck Riviera and I see this ...

20240930_115715.thumb.jpg.c59ae8834bfc7a87283cabe61daf92b8.jpg

... do I knock on the door when I'm not in a fixed enough situation to buy?  It's just what the doctor ordered ... the last rendition of the simple "less is more" base Monte Carlo in white, with alloys, and some glass tinting ... hopefully gray or tan cloth inside.  At any rate, this is a 17 year-old car (if 2007) and an 18 year-old car (if 2006) and, well, I'm in love ... sort of ...

Run, don't walk away. Cool, but I think a newer ride would better suit you. 

17 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Happy Birthday to @ccap41 and @William Maley!

:congrats:

Happy Birthday to both of you. 

Political but posted for Comedy value only. 

Food going into NC by helicopter. They are telling my family maybe 3 weeks to get water, electric. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

They are ugly 

The EQB isn't bad, because it's just a GLB Class with a solid grille. It wasn't a ground-up EV. It isn't necessarily attractive, but it also isn't ugly, imo. 

The others, real, real ugly. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzGl8X8CHemN7kAq_C2tt0p7yaniM3Ci3Pgg&s

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Thank you!

Yesterday, the 30th. 

Thank you! 

We September born folk are always excellent people. Hope yours was a good one. 

Jimmy Carter is the first American president to turn 100.....Happy Birthday to him as well. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 12:01 AM, trinacriabob said:

He's a McGill business grad, so a Montrealer.  It sounds like a private university, but it's public.  It's also Anglophone and smack in the middle of Montreal's Financial District.

I've never been a fan of sci-fi, so I never got into Star Trek, Star Wars, or even Batman, Superman, and Spiderman.  I don't think liking Jetsons cartoons counts.

Shatner surprisingly makes the list of the least pleasant Hollywood celebrities you might see on homepages.  I forgot the examples they gave.  Good that he's high energy at 93.  I was not surprised to see Steven Seagal and Jennifer Lopez on the list.  Someone needs to remind her she's the product of a crappy part of The Bronx.

My daughter got accepted at Mcgill this semester.  Health sciences.  Either dentistry or ophthalmology. She hasnt decided yet.  She has got another year to figure that out. 

• Agree 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

9 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Living good has done the man good!

Run, don't walk away. Cool, but I think a newer ride would better suit you. 

I agree and this applies to many who have lived long lives.  Aside from those who have medical issues that were not expected or ran in families, these long lived people expended their energy to make good choices, do good things, and sow positive energy.

There seem to be few exceptions to this.

I'm laughing about your advice to RUN from the car.  It looks damn good for its age.  It's that GM's colonnades, W-body coupes (gullwing handle in the pillar all the way to this, the very last one), and even a W-body sedan is what I've driven and liked for years. They have fit like a glove.

But, yes, even as a second car, it doesn't pencil.  I can stay on the "diet," but still read the menu.