Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

25 minutes ago, balthazar said:

This era of SLs (late 50s thru at least the mid 80s) are incredibly crudely & shoddily built.

Absolutely. 

Festool German woodworking tools are the bobm though. 

This never gets old...

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of 1 person, standing and text that says 'REAL WOMEN HAVE CURVES'

Obviously Fake women have legs....

l will have to keep this in mind hiking and camping this weekend. 

The vagina and butt to pair of boobs ratio on this chick is like 5:1

I would have liked her more if the vagina and butt  to pair of boobs ratio was more like 5:3 or 5:4 at the very least.  Better if the ratio was 5:5.   The caption DOES say 'real women have curves'...and boobies to me are muy importanté 

I like playing with boobies JUST as much as I like playing with vaginas. (and butt)

ALL types of boobies I must add!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

The vagina and butt to pair of boobs ratio on this chick is like 5:1

I would have liked her more if the vagina and butt  to pair of boobs ratio was more like 5:3 or 5:4 at the very least.  Better if the ratio was 5:5.   The caption DOES say 'real women have curves'...and boobies to me are muy importanté 

I like playing with boobies JUST as much as I like playing with vaginas. (and butt)

ALL types of boobies I must add!

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

My brother had a '76 Mustang II Mach 1 briefly back then...silver and black. Don't recall what engine it was, it had replaced a '74 Vega GT.   He didn't keep it long, next door neighbors backed their '72 Olds 98 into it, mashed in the side.   He got it fixed and traded it on a '74 Firebird Formula 400. 

Good on the Firebird Formula 400!  My favorite F-bird years were 1975 and 1976.  I liked the new wrap-around rear windows and their grilles.  I liked the whole darn car!

I think that if it was Mach anything, it could have been either a 302 V8 ... or maybe a V6.  Not sure if they would have had 4s.  Vegas only had 4s.  And I believe they were 140 c.i. as well.

We had the No Va gaffe ... I wonder if anyone could have come up with a jingle that paralleled the idea of M&Ms "melts in your mouth, not in your hands" campaign for the Vega's engine's inability to stave off heat.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Dont cry over spllt milk.

But...do the modern thing and just sit there wonderin' in amazement how far the milk went, take a photo of it and post it on the webs

IMG_6913.JPG

Yes...if I did that, my dogs would rush over and lick it up...I'd take pics, post it on various FB terrier groups and Insta and get hundreds of likes.  Cute dog pics always get the likes.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Russian orthodox memorial chapel at Dachau...

Russian Orthodox Memorial Chapel at Dachau

Interesting read. 

https://www.aoiusa.org/pascha-in-dachau/

Thank you for posting this.  Aside from the content of the article, the attached photo is a humble but beautiful shrine, too.

When in Greece, which I've been to, and Bulgaria, which I'd like to see, I know I will be interested in visiting their places of worship.

Edit:  I've seen one too many photos of the baked goods and desserts in Bulgaria, and that's only making me salivate more.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Agree 2

Saw this at a BBD between Seattle and Tacoma several years ago, so not suitable for a more recent spotting thread.

WP_007720.jpg.71df1222f487dae1cb53256c256d0d26.jpg

To each their own, but this was/is fairly scary to me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Saw this at a BBD between Seattle and Tacoma several years ago, so not suitable for a more recent spotting thread.

WP_007720.jpg.71df1222f487dae1cb53256c256d0d26.jpg

To each their own, but this was/is fairly scary to me.

It is amazing that the ticket is not a major offense for not having mud flaps and so hydrolic auto's like this do not get pulled over nor lifted trucks.

• Agree 2

gm reported strong Q1 2021 results.

GM Reports Strong First-Quarter 2021 Results | General Motors Company

GM Reports Strong First-Quarter 2021 Results

Wed, May 5, 2021

DETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today reported first-quarter earnings driven by strong price and mix performance in North America, strong credit and residual value performance at GM Financial, and the industry recovery in China. The company is highly confident in its full-year 2021 guidance outlined earlier this year as it works to manage through the semiconductor shortage, which is impacting automakers globally. Based on information available today, the company expects to be at the higher-end of the EBIT-adjusted range.

Downloads

First-quarter 2021 results overview

• Revenue of $32.5 billion
  • Net income of $3.0 billion, and EBIT-adjusted of $4.4 billion
  • Net income margin of 9.3 percent, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 13.6 percent
  • Automotive operating cash flow of $(1.1) billion, and adjusted automotive free cash flow of $(1.9) billion
  • EPS-diluted of $2.03, and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $2.25*
  • GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $3.1 billion, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 12.1 percent
  • GM International EBIT-adjusted of $0.3 billion, including China Equity Income of $0.3 billion
  • GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $1.2 billion

First-quarter 2020 results overview

• Revenue of $32.7 billion
  • Net income of $0.3 billion, and EBIT-adjusted of $1.2 billion
  • Net income margin of 0.9 percent, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 3.8 percent
  • Automotive operating cash flow of $0.3 billion, and adjusted automotive free cash flow of $(0.9) billion
  • EPS-diluted of $0.17, and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $0.62**
  • GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $2.2 billion, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 8.5 percent
  • GM International EBIT-adjusted of $(0.6) billion, including China Equity Income of $(0.2) billion
  • GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $0.2 billion

*EPS-diluted and EPS-diluted-adjusted include a $0.08 gain from Stellantis (formerly PSA) and Lordstown Motor Corporation.
**EPS-diluted and EPS-diluted-adjusted includes a $(0.28) impact from Lyft and Stellantis revaluations.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, David said:

gm reported strong Q1 2021 results.

GM Reports Strong First-Quarter 2021 Results | General Motors Company

GM Reports Strong First-Quarter 2021 Results

Wed, May 5, 2021

DETROIT – General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) today reported first-quarter earnings driven by strong price and mix performance in North America, strong credit and residual value performance at GM Financial, and the industry recovery in China. The company is highly confident in its full-year 2021 guidance outlined earlier this year as it works to manage through the semiconductor shortage, which is impacting automakers globally. Based on information available today, the company expects to be at the higher-end of the EBIT-adjusted range.

Downloads

First-quarter 2021 results overview

• Revenue of $32.5 billion
  • Net income of $3.0 billion, and EBIT-adjusted of $4.4 billion
  • Net income margin of 9.3 percent, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 13.6 percent
  • Automotive operating cash flow of $(1.1) billion, and adjusted automotive free cash flow of $(1.9) billion
  • EPS-diluted of $2.03, and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $2.25*
  • GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $3.1 billion, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 12.1 percent
  • GM International EBIT-adjusted of $0.3 billion, including China Equity Income of $0.3 billion
  • GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $1.2 billion

First-quarter 2020 results overview

• Revenue of $32.7 billion
  • Net income of $0.3 billion, and EBIT-adjusted of $1.2 billion
  • Net income margin of 0.9 percent, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 3.8 percent
  • Automotive operating cash flow of $0.3 billion, and adjusted automotive free cash flow of $(0.9) billion
  • EPS-diluted of $0.17, and EPS-diluted-adjusted of $0.62**
  • GM North America EBIT-adjusted of $2.2 billion, and EBIT-adjusted margin of 8.5 percent
  • GM International EBIT-adjusted of $(0.6) billion, including China Equity Income of $(0.2) billion
  • GM Financial EBT-adjusted of $0.2 billion

*EPS-diluted and EPS-diluted-adjusted include a $0.08 gain from Stellantis (formerly PSA) and Lordstown Motor Corporation.
**EPS-diluted and EPS-diluted-adjusted includes a $(0.28) impact from Lyft and Stellantis revaluations.

Falling cash flow is a bad sign.  I do hope that GM fixes that.  Other than that, good job.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Falling cash flow is a bad sign.  I do hope that GM fixes that.  Other than that, good job.

Yes, I noticed that too, but I figure that could very well be due to the production shutdowns, chip shortage causing the production shutdown and an over all cautious buyers market.

I would be surprised if more companies do not also show the same thing.

With that in mind, I do hope this is just a quarterly blip on the falling cash flow.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, David said:

It is amazing that the ticket is not a major offense for not having mud flaps and so hydrolic auto's like this do not get pulled over nor lifted trucks.

In my state, mud flaps are tied to registered vehicle weight. My COE is exempt because it's registered GVW is 5000 and the 'line' is 6000, even tho it's a cab/chassis with no bed or rear fenders. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, balthazar said:

In my state, mud flaps are tied to registered vehicle weight. My COE is exempt because it's registered GVW is 5000 and the 'line' is 6000, even tho it's a cab/chassis with no bed or rear fenders. 

That is interesting, I still think that is wrong, all auto's especially heavy duty trucks like Class 8 should have the wheels covered and the back with mud flaps to minimize throwing rocks.

The construction of lite rail in the Seattle area has played hell with cracked windshields from all the dump trucks and semi trucks delivering all over the area product with no mud flaps. Then you have the lifted pickup trucks with idiots that push the wheels outside the wheel well and through stuff at your auto.

I just find it wrong to cause so much damage by not properly covering up the wheels.

Obviously... heavy duty trucks like class 8 are going to be required to run flaps in any state. I kinda just stated that above.
Seems Seattle has a lot more on it’s enforcement mind than mud flaps.

If you think about it, a vehicle’s tire isn’t throwing rocks from the middle of a tire as often as it’s more likely to be coming from where the tire meets the ground. There; almost nothing is ‘properly covered’. 

Hm-mmm... I wonder if a vehicle that is scampering to 60 in 3 secs is more often going to be throwing rocks than the average lifted pickup. ?

Edited by balthazar
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/5/2021 at 11:41 AM, balthazar said:

Across the street the other night, was live for 45 minutes. 

IMG_3507.MOV

436B5D81-F275-4235-8922-661AB38CB31C.jpeg

Hopefully the power company will clean this up and replace what looks to be a melted driveway. Any updates on this?

23 hours ago, David said:

For not having mud flaps? Is that a requirement? I've never thought about state laws for mud flaps. 

3 hours ago, regfootball said:

Cars are sparse right now, so i get the 'market' adjustment. 

Homes are sparse now, too.  It's ridiculous.  Things were sort of "normal" around 2017.  Now, and even with a (recent) pandemic, certain strata of homes at certain prices are flying off the market.

• Agree 3

I will go to Buca di Beppo and then swear that I won't return.  And then I get a coupon for 20% off in some coupon packet. 

That was the case today for lunch.  Their food is FAR being from good Italian food.  It's caked with this bad and heavy tomato sauce.  All the dishes going to adjacent tables looked the same.

I just vowed I won't be going back.  But then there's the expression, "never say never."  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

I will go to Buca di Beppo and then swear that I won't return.  And then I get a coupon for 20% off in some coupon packet. 

That was the case today for lunch.  Their food is FAR being from good Italian food.  It's caked with this bad and heavy tomato sauce.  All the dishes going to adjacent tables looked the same.

I just vowed I won't be going back.  But then there's the expression, "never say never."  

we used to go to BUCA a lot but the last 3-4 years it seems their quality has gone down. so, either our running standard was low before, or they have lowered their bar of product quality.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

BUCA is all dead and closed in my area, terrible cheap poor food quality and service. Went once, never went back. I think allot of people did as they have been closed for years here.

6 hours ago, ccap41 said:

For not having mud flaps? Is that a requirement? I've never thought about state laws for mud flaps. 

Yes, here in Washington state it is as follows:

RCW 46.37.500: Fenders or splash aprons. (wa.gov)

RCW 46.37.500

Fenders or splash aprons.

(1) Except as authorized under subsection (2) of this section, no person may operate any motor vehicle, trailer, cargo extension, or semitrailer that is not equipped with fenders, covers, flaps, or splash aprons adequate for minimizing the spray or splash of water or mud from the roadway to the rear of the vehicle. All such devices shall be as wide as the tires behind which they are mounted and extend downward at least to the center of the axle.
(2) A motor vehicle that is not less than forty years old or a street rod vehicle that is owned and operated primarily as a collector's item need not be equipped with fenders when the vehicle is used and driven during fair weather on well-maintained, hard-surfaced roads.

This is from 2015, but the lack of following the law and the amount of windshield repairs has made many news outlets talk about the lack of enforcement. This is one of many that comes up for here.
  • Thanks 2

Restaurant chains...just suck no matter how you slice your thought process.  ESPECIALLY the ones that "specialize" in "fine" dining or "authentic" ethnic food.  

No need to dine in 5 star, Cordon Bleu level chef restaurants.  The 'good 'ole mom and pop restaurant will do.  

I know, I know....those dont exist anymore.  *SIGH*

Montreal had a ton of those.  Italian and Greek owned mom and pop restaurants from the '50s all the way to the '80s was a REAL treat. REAL Authentic Greek or Italian dishes  made LITERALLY like "momma used to make". 

Diners,   fast food joints,    quick eateries,    a step or two below fine dining restaurants...Montreal had those literally at every major street corner.  

I miss those days.   

• Agree 4

9 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Wife used to work for them many years ago...food was great back then. Just had some Buca over the holidays....just not as good anymore.....

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Happy Mother's Day - to the mothers in your lives, whether in your immediate family, extended family, or among friends and neighbors.  Or to the mothers in your memories.

For some, it's easy to be a mother (from the biological sense) ... they almost lack restraint!  For others, it has proven to be difficult to achieve.  Regardless, being a good mother is hard work.

Enjoy this day.

• Agree 2

On 5/7/2021 at 6:54 PM, balthazar said:

Maybe WA needs to pass a ‘tarp loaded vehicle’ law instead.

We got that too as a number of deaths from uncovered, unsecured loads have happened so about 5 to 7 years ago, WA passed a all loads must be covered law on everything from your basic 1/2 ton pickup to commercial.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:43 PM, oldshurst442 said:

Restaurant chains...just suck no matter how you slice your thought process.  ESPECIALLY the ones that "specialize" in "fine" dining or "authentic" ethnic food.  

No need to dine in 5 star, Cordon Bleu level chef restaurants.  The 'good 'ole mom and pop restaurant will do.  

I know, I know....those dont exist anymore.  *SIGH*

Montreal had a ton of those.  Italian and Greek owned mom and pop restaurants from the '50s all the way to the '80s was a REAL treat. REAL Authentic Greek or Italian dishes  made LITERALLY like "momma used to make". 

Diners,   fast food joints,    quick eateries,    a step or two below fine dining restaurants...Montreal had those literally at every major street corner.  

@oldshurst442

You are preaching to the choir.  *LOL*

Throwing the U.S. and Canada into the same bucket (North America), Montreal is considered the 2nd best gastronomic city in North America after New York City.  Considering its much lower population and density, that speaks volumes about Montreal's excellence in its culinary offereings.

I dream of the place constantly - the beauty, the architecture, the culture, the food, the global mindset, and locals who have been very hospitable to me.  Chalk it up to 3 years of French in high school.  I fought with my dad back then because he wanted me to take Latin.  I asked him if he wanted slam dunk As from me in French ... or teeth pulling Bs from me in Latin.  Case closed.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Wife had a good day, I set up her fountain for the rest of spring and summer, got her pots arranged and gave her a relaxation place.

20210505_194605.jpg

Kids came and took her to get another pot for her to plant something in for her flowers.

20210509_145244.jpg

I installed a new since and faucet for her. Extra deep and big, since we have gotten into cooking so much, she wanted a larger sink and our old double sink was just so small. This thing is big enough to bath a baby or toddler in. 

20210509_062042.jpg

Hope everyone had a good mothers day.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

This weekend we had the opening for the North Cascade Highway. Wife and I always do the drive when it first opens. A total of 529 miles from our house North up I5 to Burlington, then East to Lake Diablo and then over the pass to the town of Winthrop, then on to Lake Chelan, Leavenworth and then up and over Hwy 2 (Steven's Pass) and back home. Left at 6am, returned home at 4:34pm. Not a bad road trip. Had drinks and food in the auto, but did stop for a bathroom break at Winthrop and the chocolate shop, got a snack at the Cider Bar in Lake Chelan of Zucchini Fries and then at the Heidelberg food stand for what we think is some of the best juicy chicken strips and deep fried mushrooms. All was very clean and social distant with masks. Good safe relaxing day.

If your interested in what it looks like, I took 61 photos of the drive. Chocolate shop in Winthrop is awesome if you love chocolate. 

Lake Diablo

20210507_085132.jpg

North Cascade Highway (HWY 20) Washington State - Cheers and Gears

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

We made sure to go pretty big with our sink. 

97E3F72C-773E-4F55-8C83-BAAC30ECC0B5.jpeg

66D43B65-7763-467C-A609-5069E1EA111A.jpeg

Love the remodel, that is AWESOME! Look forward to the finished pictures.

• Agree 3

Saw my first real anti-masker in action in a hardware store yesterday. 

A real piece of work this guy.  Had his young daughter with him too.  Must have been no older than 5 years old. 

A manager told him to put his mask on his face (because it was dangling on his chin).  Called him a phoquing fag.   Told him to leave and he started a phoque-filled rant about god knows what.  The manager then just went for his phone and what I think is he dialed 911.  I heard the manager describe the guy while escorting him to the front of the store.  

The dude, was then saying to the manager, "You are such a tough guy! You are such a tough guy!"  

Keep in mind, all this in front of his daughter...  I was watching his daughter and the poor girl, was confused. She was looking at her daddy with such a blank stare.  

The cops never came.  I bought my Gorilla Glue, my Doktor Doom ant killer foam, my deck stain and a couple of paint brushes and went on my merry way.  

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1