Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

7 hours ago, dfelt said:

Would not kick her out of my bed, still a lovely lady but is aging older than I think her age is.

She's still cute, I like how Allisya Milano looks at 44 and Marissa Tomei at 53.   So many Hollywood women ruin their looks with plastic surgery rather than aging naturally, IMO...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

Am I being a 'mean girl' if I say Lacey is not aging well?
22 yrs old on L, 35 on R :

22-35.jpg

Always thought she was average.../ First time I saw her in "Not another Teen Movie" I thought.. "why is she the chick that everyone stops to look at when Jaime Pressly is on the scene?"

Jaime%20Pressly%2002.jpg

now

jaime-pressly-at-the-nut-job-premiere-in

Interesting enuff.. I would swear Jaime and Margot Robbie (Harley Quinn; Wolf of Wall Street) were sisters

• Thanks 1

@Cmicasa the Great Different strokes for different folks. Blondes, dishwater blondes just do nothing for me. Brunettes are a nice, asian are hot.

Park Min Young I think is Beautiful

Park_Min_Young.jpg

Park Min Young Jeans1.jpg

Park Min Young Jeans.jpg

And back on topic of Auto's while too small for me, I do have to say that the Kia Cub is a cute CUV that I think would do well in the global market.

kia-cub-seoul.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Damn Icy roads in Pennsylvania.

http://abc7ny.com/traffic/truck-carrying-vodka-bottles-overturns-on-i-95-ramp/2751923/?sf175615068=1

Semi flips carrying Vodka on I-95 ramp.

An early Mustang is a cheap car, it lacked a lot of features others had at the same time. Tho Ford did do an excellent job, it's roots could not be eradicated. And it was never very comfortable to begin with (friend had a '64.5 and a '66). Even the buckets were pretty flat. Get into a period Pontiac big car with buckets and they are very comfortable.

Cadillac came out with tilt & telescopic in '64, my '64 GP has tilt (but not TS- wasn't available yet @ PMD). An easy car to get comfortable in, IMO.

But unfortunately for me, I can never adjust the claustrophobic interiors of most modern cars farther away from me. I like to be able to adjust MYSELF more so than the things I'm interfacing with.

2 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Autocorrrect in the Safari browser changed 'gundam' to 'fundamentalists'...pretty funny...

What do you expect from a Fruit company that goes on Safari! ;):P 

27 minutes ago, dfelt said:

What do you expect from a Fruit company that goes on Safari! ;):P 

I dont know about no Fruit company going on Safari, but there was once upon a time ago that this East Coast Kid from Quebec, Canada that wanted to go on a Surfin' Safari.  LIKE REAL BAD!!!

I wanted to go on a Safari to find this mythical Surf City. I heard a rumor that there is 2 girls for every boy! 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I dont know about no Fruit company going on Safari, but there was once upon a time ago that this East Coast Kid from Quebec, Canada that wanted to go on a Surfin' Safari.  LIKE REAL BAD!!!

I wanted to go on a Safari to find this mythical Surf City. I heard a rumor that there is 2 girls for every boy! 

WOW, They actually have Safari Fruits music! :P 

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 8.27.41 AM.png

Nice quad exhaust throw the rear bumper. Makes me remember the older custom coach cars where the driver had no roof but the important passenger was in a enclosed protective bubble.

Or maybe it was ahead of it's time with a early version of the T Tops that GM put on the Monte Carlo SS and other sporty rides.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

That was called a Town Car bodystyle. 

Found it..this car has been restored, it is the 1956 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham Town Car Motorama concept car.

https://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z11289/Cadillac-Eldorado-Brougham-Concept.aspx

Very cool, that rocks that they save it. Not a fan of the body style, but cool concept nonetheless. :metal: 

• Agree 1

Just now, dfelt said:

Very cool, that rocks that they save it. Not a fan of the body style, but cool concept nonetheless. :metal: 

Kind of a body style that was an anachronism by the mid 50s--was something seen on luxury cars of  the  pre-WWII era.   Kind of the reverse of a laundaulet body style (convertible top over the rear seat only). 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Woodworking content and kind of sappy...but neat commercial...

Very cool Table. That was awesome. Sappy but awesome! :metal: 

@A Horse With No Name There is a local wood worker, someday I hope to be able to afford his dining table and 12 chair set when I remodel. I bought my wife one of his jewelry boxes. The Woodwork is amazing.

http://www.woodmerchant.com/index.cfm

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, balthazar said:

I believe it was canvas that had been sun-bleached back to white in the many years (circa 1959-1989) it sat outside.

BTW- Pontiac also showed the same formal configuration in '53 :

pontiac-parisienne.jpg

You can see the tattered edges of black canvas around the perimeter.  Maybe it is a fiberglass shell with the black canvas glued to it.

@Drew Dowdell There has to be a better way to unfollow or not get notifications/EMAILS from every thread we've posted in. I have 43 pages of threads I've posted in and in order to not get emails from them I have to deselect each and every once of those???? I get more C&G emails then junk mail at this point. 

Are you also getting emails for threads you have read but not commented in or followed?  I'm finding for every thread I read or react to (like, etc) I'm getting an email... I guess auto-follow for any action is the default since the upgrade. 

I'm looking at the notification settings to adjust mine... check here.  But I don't see anything for what I'm seeing.

https://www.cheersandgears.com/notifications/options/

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Click on your name in the upper right

Click Account settings

Under "Other Settings" on the right hand side, click Notification settings

You can adjust your Auto Follow settings there, but you can also adjust it so that you only get one email per day with the notifications of the day.

42 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Click on your name in the upper right

Click Account settings

Under "Other Settings" on the right hand side, click Notification settings

You can adjust your Auto Follow settings there, but you can also adjust it so that you only get one email per day with the notifications of the day.

Thank you SOOOOOOO much, Drew!

One update a week will be plenty. 

45 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Are you also getting emails for threads you have read but not commented in or followed?  I'm finding for every thread I read or react to (like, etc) I'm getting an email... I guess auto-follow for any action is the default since the upgrade. 

I'm looking at the notification settings to adjust mine... check here.  But I don't see anything for what I'm seeing.

https://www.cheersandgears.com/notifications/options/

I honestly haven't even read any of the emails because there were just so many of them. Maybe I have, maybe I haven't... 

Edited by ccap41
  • Like 1

Just saw a really cheesy car ad on a local channel..it was a Kia dealer, the ad had a Star Wars theme (salespeople dressed as Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie) and was hawking new Kia Fortes for $59/month or two Fortes for $100/month. 

8 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Niiiiiice! :thumbsup:

I'm still getting emails out the ass, fyi. I had it saved as one email a week for stuff I follow. I just got rid of that to no notifications. We shall see how that works. 

I toggled some other things off on your account. Let me know if it stops.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Still a month away, but already getting ready for Detroit auto show.... and the paperwork for Chicago Auto Show in February came yesterday.

IMG_20171214_174702_403.jpg

This totally Rocks :metal: I am so excited to see what gets revealed at the show. 

I really hope we see some EV concepts from everyone! :D 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, dfelt said:

This totally Rocks :metal: I am so excited to see what gets revealed at the show. 

I really hope we see some EV concepts from everyone! :D 

I'll probably publish an auto show predictions article on Monday and again at the beginning of January.  @William Maley and I have been filling in our spreadsheet.

Looks like I need to start a Chicago spreadsheet too

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I think that's a Denali HD with that nice tufted seat and tall-ass grille with angled lower corners.

With lots of butt (ass) room....

1 hour ago, FAPTurbo said:

it’s probably wings, because only someone who considers lincoln to be aspirational could be so dumb

And because he still uses Yahoo......

• Haha 1

:(  The 2018 F-150 XL regular cab 4X4 is 76.9 inches tall.  It would hit my garage door opener motor.  Width-wise it would be tight, but doable.  My '07 GMC Sierra regular cab 2WD fit, barely, and I had 2" lowering shackles on the rear to level it.  Dream dashed?

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

:(  The 2018 F-150 XL regular cab 4X4 is 76.9 inches tall.  It would hit my garage door opener motor.  Width-wise it would be tight, but doable.  My '07 GMC Sierra regular cab 2WD fit, barely, and I had 2" lowering shackles on the rear to level it.  Dream dashed?

Is it like and older garage? My aunt's house has a garage that is pretty low (house built in 1922) and barely fit the minivan she had....

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1