Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

Ahhhh fake'n Bacon.

Real bacon is consumed easily.

And also, y no everyone likey Rick and Morty?

Good stuffs I tells ya, and I have never watched a single episode. My dose comes in the form of them vidyerz on them utoobs.

I'M MISTER MEESEEKS LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Agree 2

People around here have ZERO respect for other people's property.  Found another random dent in my truck this weekend that was even way to high to have been a door ding.  Somebody also put a dent in my brothter's Audi and keyed the hood.  i mean, WTF?

Nail in a tire... f@#king perfect.

I went through that a couple of months back as well.. luckily mine was nearly dead center and easily repairable. Hopefully yours is as well. 

Had it happen a month ago myself.  Luckily I had road hazard from discount tires tires and they a tire at my doorstep the next day.  he bad was they don' make my tire anymore so the one they sent was the one suggested by Goodyear, which oddly happens to be a much more expensive tire with Kevlar reinforced sidewalls.  Now, i just need 3 more accidental flats to finish the set lol.

It was about an inch and a half from the sidewall, got it fixed this morning. $37 with nitrogen. 

Also got a quote for the set of tires I wanted, $660 installed plus tax. Didn't even bother to ask if it included road hazard protection, it was hundreds more than Tire Rack for BFG Sport Comp-II's. 

It was about an inch and a half from the sidewall, got it fixed this morning. $37 with nitrogen. 

Also got a quote for the set of tires I wanted, $660 installed plus tax. Didn't even bother to ask if it included road hazard protection, it was hundreds more than Tire Rack for BFG Sport Comp-II's. 

How much extra did you pay for nitrogen? 

Nitrogen I question on as it just does not seem to make any noticeable difference. Yes I probably monitor and keep my tires in better shape than most so I never experience the following of why they say nitrogen is better.

Benefits of Nitrogen:

Slower pressure loss

Reduced corrosion

Improved Tire Life

What do others think, does Nitrogen make a difference?

Nitrogen I question on as it just does not seem to make any noticeable difference. Yes I probably monitor and keep my tires in better shape than most so I never experience the following of why they say nitrogen is better.

Benefits of Nitrogen:

Slower pressure loss

Reduced corrosion

Improved Tire Life

What do others think, does Nitrogen make a difference?

lol funny enough, I was going to ask him how much he paid to allow a rape to happen. 

Absolute rip off in a consumer vehicle. For how much you pay, never. Ever car has TPMS now so there is no reason other than laziness to not just use "air". If your tires go low, MAGIC, a little light will tell you to check them. They also don't give you longer tread life if you check your tires once a month anyway, heck, most can check once every 2 months and be just fine. The only reason you will get "longer tread life" is if you regularly allow your tires to become under inflated. which, if the average consumer still never checks their tire pressures this will happen to a nitrogen filled tire as well, it will just take longer. 

If you're racing and you want a more consistent pressure for consistency, yes, maybe..

It was five bucks. The dealer I bought the car from filled it with N2, so I said screw it and had it filled with it so there won't be any confusion next time I go to the dealer for a service. 

Next set of tires is absolutely getting straight air, N2 is a waste unless you're tracking. 

Edited by Thed

People around here have ZERO respect for other people's property.  Found another random dent in my truck this weekend that was even way to high to have been a door ding.  Somebody also put a dent in my brothter's Audi and keyed the hood.  i mean, WTF?

My wife washed both of ours cars a couple of days ago. A fast wash. Mild weather....take the salt off type of wash.

To my dismay, both cars now have small dents...you know...parking lot dings. This past winter, my cars did not survive being ding free...

Luckily, none of the dents are visible. You have to know where to look to see them.

My wife washed both of ours cars a couple of days ago. A fast wash. Mild weather....take the salt off type of wash.

To my dismay, both cars now have small dents...you know...parking lot dings. This past winter, my cars did not survive being ding free...

Luckily, none of the dents are visible. You have to know where to look to see them.

I was thinking and was going to say good think your don't have dark colored cars then I realized.. I have no clue what color your Fusion of Acura are..lol. What colors are you and the wifey Rollin around in?? (No clue why "rollin" got capitalized but I'm "Rollin with it" ha. )

Fusion is black.

Acura TL is charcoal.

The Fusion's dent is at the right rear quarter panel where the sheetmetal starts to dimple to bulge out to form the rear wheel well. Its camouflaged well.

The Acura's dent is exactly in the middle of the back end. The back end forms a peak between the license plate and the trunk.  And exactly in the middle of that peak is a deep enough dimple. Its pretty high so I dont know who or what the phoque bumped  me, but the dimple looks like its part of the car's design..LOL!!!

Made my own gun stand this past weekend. It isn't finished yet as I haven't taped or zip tied the foam down and I'd like to spray paint it just do you don't see all of the writing on the pipe. It's definitely a little long and I might cut it down some but it worked this past weekend great. 

8F2FF06F-D710-4E43-8CCF-376B0B899D34_zps

Made my own gun stand this past weekend. It isn't finished yet as I haven't taped or zip tied the foam down and I'd like to spray paint it just do you don't see all of the writing on the pipe. It's definitely a little long and I might cut it down some but it worked this past weekend great. 

8F2FF06F-D710-4E43-8CCF-376B0B899D34_zps

Bummer, I would love to see what you built but cannot for some strange reason. :(

I used to only use crushed ice. Then, encouraged by a friend, I switched to cubed ice (actually: half moons as they come out of my ice maker).

Now, after @ least 1.5 years, I'm back to crushed ice.

Gee, the world is a funny place.

So what did you not get out of the half moons that you get out of crushed? Easier to chew?

I have family members that have also flipped back n forth between cube or crushed and never understood why. I have been a cube person all my life so I am truly interested as to why a person likes crushed over cubed?

I used to only use crushed ice. Then, encouraged by a friend, I switched to cubed ice (actually: half moons as they come out of my ice maker).

Now, after @ least 1.5 years, I'm back to crushed ice.

Gee, the world is a funny place.

So what did you not get out of the half moons that you get out of crushed? Easier to chew?

I have family members that have also flipped back n forth between cube or crushed and never understood why. I have been a cube person all my life so I am truly interested as to why a person likes crushed over cubed?

Then you get people like myself who doesnt do ice at all. Cubed/crushed/half-moon or otherwise.

I like certain drinks ice cold for sure...but for me, a frosted mug is the way to go.

The only ice I do is this kind of ice:

montreal.jpg?w=680&h=458

10296564.jpg?size=640x420

PS: Thanx Mr. DFELT for the info about the Chrysler 300.

Edited by oldshurst442