Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

Which ones...the ones from Galapagos or the ones from DeMet/Nestle?

NestleTurtles.jpg

I prefer the pecan, caramel ones...although the ones from Galapagos are very interesting specimens themselves.

I require mine to be a Sea Salt CASHEW Caramel Turtle! :P

post-12-0-39817300-1453788722_thumb.jpg

• Agree 1

Ram Cummins gets it's ass handed to it by a 4x4 Diesel Land Rover in a game of Tug O War! :roflmao:

Guess it is true what they say about experiance in driving and in using your 4x4 in proper gear. :P

• Agree 1

I saw that like 36 people died in the NE from blizzard conditions. If you die in 2016 from cold weather, I kinda can't help but feel like that's Darwinism at work.

I would agree as most were people who would not get in out of the cold or did stupid things, a few were sadly due to accidents. All in All I agree it was Darwinism at work thinning out the weaker ones.

• Agree 1

Ram Cummins gets it's ass handed to it by a 4x4 Diesel Land Rover in a game of Tug O War! :roflmao:

Guess it is true what they say about experiance in driving and in using your 4x4 in proper gear. :P

That Dodge is not 4 wheel drive. Never saw anything but the one rear wheel ever move. Either that, or the driver is the biggest 4 wheel driving idiot on the planet.

Ford GT races this weekend!

:pbjtime:  :gitfunky:  :thumbsup:  :unitedstates:  :omfg:  :metal:  :cheers:  :D  :yes:  :ohyeah:  :booyah:  :dance: 

Can't wait for the 24hr Daytona!!

Also, the new CT6 is really growing on me. The side profile is fantastic and darker colors really do this car well. I'm starting to actually like the philosophy behind it more, as well. I look forward to seeing more on it.

Edited by Frisky Dingo
  • Agree 1

^ I LOVE watching the 24hrs at Daytona!

I'd enjoy LeMans more but the coverage here is $h! compared to Daytona(I think we got a total of like 5-6 hours last year of LeMans)..or even a handful of the other endurance IMSA races. 

2:40PM is the drop of the green flag! ..I think that's eastern time.. so 1:40 for us. ...1:40 is the drop of the green flag!! lol 

That Dodge is not 4 wheel drive. Never saw anything but the one rear wheel ever move. Either that, or the driver is the biggest 4 wheel driving idiot on the planet.

Both rear wheels were spining at one point( Around 44 seconds you can see the far sided one) but either way I never saw a front tire spinning so it had to be 2WD. 

Heart attacks from shoveling were probably a major cause of death. I'm buying a snowblower for next winter.

Is that not what the Kids are for? ;)

I don't have those, can't train my dogs to do it. ;)

What about the spouse / partner then! :P

Both rear wheels were spining at one point( Around 44 seconds you can see the far sided one) but either way I never saw a front tire spinning so it had to be 2WD. 

Yea, it looks to me that you have a 4x4 defender up against a 2wd ram. Put a 4x4 ram against the defender and I doubt the defender would budge.

Yea, it looks to me that you have a 4x4 defender up against a 2wd ram. Put a 4x4 ram against the defender and I doubt the defender would budge.

My thoughts exactly. 2WD vs. 4WD is always only going to go one way.

Yeah but you KNOW those Ram and Silverado owners were talkin' all sorts of $h! how their 2WD truck could pull the 4WD ones. In both videos we have lifted, aftermarket wheels, HD diesels.. their drivers were cocky. lol 

Which only proves they don't know jack about trucks and 4WD. Sounds like the majority of pick up drivers here in Phoenix. All jacked up with no place to go.

Yeah but you KNOW those Ram and Silverado owners were talkin' all sorts of $h! how their 2WD truck could pull the 4WD ones. In both videos we have lifted, aftermarket wheels, HD diesels.. their drivers were cocky. lol 

Which only proves they don't know jack about trucks and 4WD. Sounds like the majority of pick up drivers here in Phoenix. All jacked up with no place to go.

Oh definitely! I can't imagine all the big lifted useless trucks there are being in Phoenix, lol. I mean there are plenty here as well but I'm pretty sure everything that's lifted will be 4wd. Plenty of lifted, clean, pretty trucks here that will just never see dirt other than the summer when the combines are in the fields kicking up dust in the air. 

• Agree 1

Oh definitely! I can't imagine all the big lifted useless trucks there are being in Phoenix, lol. I mean there are plenty here as well but I'm pretty sure everything that's lifted will be 4wd. Plenty of lifted, clean, pretty trucks here that will just never see dirt other than the summer when the combines are in the fields kicking up dust in the air. 

But But But, you have to have a jacked up rig to justify putting your hands all over your girl, guy, partner, spouse, etc. when helping them up into the rig!  :smilewide:

These 'tug o wars' always go the same way- one loses traction and it's all over.

Very beginning of the video shows what looks like a slice of a front pumpkin and the '4x4' logo on the tailgate of the Ram, not that that proves anything (replacement tailgate, added letters, non-functional, not engaged), but all that aside,

which would you rather own? ;)

These 'tug o wars' always go the same way- one loses traction and it's all over.

Very beginning of the video shows what looks like a slice of a front pumpkin and the '4x4' logo on the tailgate of the Ram, not that that proves anything (replacement tailgate, added letters, non-functional, not engaged), but all that aside,

..I'd still rather own the 2WD Ram.. lol 

..I'd still rather own the 2WD Ram.. lol 

Yup, I would take the Ram over the Land Rover every day.:D

I sat in a brand new Z06 last night at my local GM dealer. My dad was dropping off my brother's "new" Ion(check engine light on and it's under warranty) and they had a pretty red Z06 in the showroom. Oh course I went and drooled over it for a bit but the guy my dad was dealing with, also the salesman who he bought the Ion from, unlocked it for me and I had myself a seat. It actually felt really cramped, but in a good tight feeling kind of way. The seats definitely hugged the hips and waist really tight and I'm not a very large guy, 5'8", 180lbs. I have no clue how it would have been comfortable for somebody much larger than myself. I loved how the whole center stack was aimed at the driver. 

All in all, it was awesome. It felt so badass. 

• Agree 2

If he had 4WD, then he never used it. You see all wheels turning at some point with the Rover but only the back wheels were doing anything on the RAM. I really cannot stand jacked up trucks though. Simply pointless. Just give me a standard RAM 5.7L and I'm good to go.

“I took a pretty hard hit down in the corner,” Wideman said after the game. “I had some pretty good pain in my shoulder, my neck. I was just trying to get off the ice. I was kind of keeled over and at the last second I looked up and saw him. I couldn’t avoid it. I went up to Donnie and apologized to him on the ice. I didn’t see him. I didn’t know where to go or how to get out of the way of him.”

Edited by ccap41

Holy $h!, just realized I better be seeing the GT350/R, RS, and Raptor at the auto show this weekend or I'm going to be one disappointed gent. 

At the Montreal show, there was a lone GT350R. White with blue stripes.

NOBODY was around it!

I dont think anybody realized what it was. I think people just thought it was just a regular Mustang.

I mean, sure it was locked and nobody could get in it, and no hoopla advertisements announcing it, but the regular Mustang and the Convertible had a considerable flock gathered around them...

The GT350 was by itself far from the other Mustangs, which should have signaled the people in the know thsat something is up with this machine...but no.

I was the only guy drooling over it for at least 10 minutes before another gear head asked me if it was indeed the GT350.

After I confirmed to him that it was, he nodded, took a brief look at it..and he left, just like that, he left... :stupid:

What is even crazier, that cross check that Wideman gave the linesman. 

Pretty intense.

Im amazed that refs dont get hit accidentally more often actually.

Edited by oldshurst442

24hrs of Daytona has an hour and a half left if anybody wants to catch the end of it.

oh man what a great race. i felt so bad for the delta wing team though, they showed a lot of potential. GM had an outstanding showing this year. i honestly had hope the ford gt would have had a better showing, but as the way it goes with a brand new car on such a race. chevrolet had the same issues it seems with the c7's and the corvette daytona prototypes. good job honda for an overall win as well. that came as a shock!

http://bangshift.com/general-news/car-features/chevy-car-features/how-long-will-chevrolet-chevelle-lagunas-be-underrated-this-gorgeous-1974-model-is-begging-for-repairs-and-the-big-block-it-deserves/

also... mid 70's cars seem to finally be coming into their own... 

s-l16002.jpg

Edited by cletus8269
  • Agree 1

Hey Cletus

http://www.cheersandgears.com/topic/85617-beautiful-cars-appreciation-thread/page-2

post #36 shows BLU's appreciation of the colonnade body style while post #37 shows my appreciation of the colonnade body style.

Also, this is an attempt by me to introduce you to this thread so maybe you could post pics of what cars you deem beautiful so we could all appreciate them with you.

Edited by oldshurst442

24hrs of Daytona has an hour and a half left if anybody wants to catch the end of it.

oh man what a great race. i felt so bad for the delta wing team though, they showed a lot of potential. GM had an outstanding showing this year. i honestly had hope the ford gt would have had a better showing, but as the way it goes with a brand new car on such a race. chevrolet had the same issues it seems with the c7's and the corvette daytona prototypes. good job honda for an overall win as well. that came as a shock!

http://bangshift.com/general-news/car-features/chevy-car-features/how-long-will-chevrolet-chevelle-lagunas-be-underrated-this-gorgeous-1974-model-is-begging-for-repairs-and-the-big-block-it-deserves/

also... mid 70's cars seem to finally be coming into their own... 

s-l16002.jpg

It was a great finish! Those Corvettes were racing so hard it was amazing to see that kind of finish after 24 hours of racing and all of the possible variables that they both encountered. 

I definitely felt terrible for the Delta Wing. It had extremely great pace(from what I heard) and was running top paced lap times, correct? Of course prior to running into the stopped car in what looked like turn 1(replays). 

I was definitely a little disappointed in the Ford GTs but at the same time before they had some tire and transmission issues they were running with the pace of the GTLM leaders so very promising. I thought this was a good quote about the GTs, "The good thing about it all, and the thing we are pleased about, is the car is showing some pace, it is showing some opportunity, and overall we are happy that we have a fast car and we need to work on reliability. That’s a lot better than having a slow car that’s reliable, but you don’t know how to get speed out of it." -Autoweek

“We’ve got the right team, drivers and partners, we just need some time to get miles on the car and sort out those issues. She’s fast and she’s pretty, but she’s temperamental right now.” " -TopGear

Two weeks ago went into the dermatologist. Found a spot on my nose, skin cancer.

Today went into the Skin Cancer Alliance in Seattle for removal. Now I have a bobbed nose, packed and face bandaged up.

Tomorrow, I go see a Skin Cancer Plastic Surgeon for Nose reconstruction. Skin will come from my ass, so now I really will have my ass on my nose. :P

So if I am not around the next few days, this is why. 

Catch up with you all later. :)

Im saddened by this news about cancer.

Beat the cancer, man.

Beat it!

Im also happy by this news that you have already took actions to defeat this cancer!

Heal my friend.

Rest and come back soon!

I wish you well.

Two weeks ago went into the dermatologist. Found a spot on my nose, skin cancer.

Today went into the Skin Cancer Alliance in Seattle for removal. Now I have a bobbed nose, packed and face bandaged up.

Tomorrow, I go see a Skin Cancer Plastic Surgeon for Nose reconstruction. Skin will come from my ass, so now I really will have my ass on my nose. :P

So if I am not around the next few days, this is why. 

Catch up with you all later. :)

Dang, most importantly, I'm glad you're okay and you caught it early! 

Rest up and take it easy AssFace. ;)