Random Thoughts Thread

TaurusSHO

At CCAP and Surreal...

I edited my post you both quoted me on...

Please re-read it because I dont want you guys to think I took anything you guys said was offensive to me.

And yup Surreal....the old guard keeps repeating the same mistakes over and over again...THAT is why I HATE it when EL K mentions it for Tesla!

But the thing is, the old guard doesn't repeat the same mistakes. Any recalls the old guard have to issue have to do with execution of something g they already know how to do-they're cheap instead of ignorant, in other words.

Tesla is riding a brutally steep learning curve, not merely because of their propulsion system, but because they truly don't know how to build cars all that well. Perhaps they will eventually if the money and customer goodwill doesn't run out. But as you yourself mentioned, your partner regards the car as a status symbol or appliance moreso than a car. In such a situation it is even more critical for a manufacturer to build something that even a non-gearhead can operate safely.

They don't? I could have sworn I have seen old guard companies like Ford issues multiple recalls over a period of almost twenty years regarding cruise control problems because they can't seem to get it right. Mistakes after mistakes have been repeated by GM and FCA as well, hence the bankruptcies and huge recall problems. Sorry man, but you are off base here when you ignore all the other facts. 

Edited by surreal1272

But that stuff is more a matter of execution, again. It's not like Ford said "we will put cruise control on our cars" and then proceeded to not integrate a cutout for when you touch the brake pedal. They just cheaped out on the components.

Edited by El Kabong

Guest Wings4Life(BANNED)

Lots of down time this week.  Nice at first, but getting a bit bored.  Saw Force Awakens and H8ful Eight.

Force, not so good.  Well made, but lots to dislike.

Eight was a great movie and one of QT's best to date.

'Flips channel to CNN.'

'Sees this interview with Larry King for the first time.' 

"every boy from age 11 till death will look for (expletive deleted)."

"you put a drop on a pin, and then you put the drop in a coke, and then the lady drinks and heeeellllllooooo AMURICA."

Wow. No wonder Cosby's in trouble. 

Me. Want. 

159B8BF2-648B-4B96-AC6C-8CD230F34AB0_zps

I am very impressed with Ceramic Knifes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceramic_knife

Cool knifes - http://kyoceraadvancedceramics.com/ceramic-advantage/why-ceramic

Cool non-detectable folding ceramic knife.

post-12-0-27773600-1451928763.jpg

I was watching some college football this past weekend(Thursday night actually) and I saw this guy in the background. I took a SnapChat of it and sent it to my friends but I realized I didn't want to lose the pic, lol.

http://vid32.photobucket.com/albums/d5/ccap41/D7E691FE-2832-4C1E-BBC4-6D927E942D40_zpsy7vifzpl.mp4

Well, that didn't upload as I wanted to because it isn't a GIF but check it out! It's like a 4 second clip..

Edited by ccap41

Seth Jones is going to the Columbus Blue Jackets. What?

For Ryan Johansen.

Nashville needed a center

Blue Jackets needed a defenceman.

Both are huge pieces from their former teams filling up huge holes that their future teams need.

I believe its a one on one deal. I think its good...good for both teams.

Yeah...Id keep Jones too.

I think people, including GMs, have their minds clouded on "hardest shot"...

Going back to Al Iafrate, sure he scored many times with that shot of his, but I believe, Ray Bourque's precision wrister had more goals...

"hardest shot" for me is waaaaay over rated.

MAybe its because Chara plays on my team, and while his is THE hardest, it aint the most precise, and maybe THAT is why I think its over rated.

But I also believe Jones is better defensively than Weber is.

Well, coming from a Bruin fan, we dont fare that much better than you guys...we originally had Kessel you know...only to win the Seguin sweepstakes because we traded him  to you... thanking you folk for it, only to trade away Seguin 3 years later...only for you folk to trade Kessel away too...

So...in hindsight...

Why were both teams and their respective fan bases so hyped up on this Kessel/Seguin thing?

It was all for nothing in the end...

At least Boston won a Stanley Cup with Seguin, he did help actually.

Edited by oldshurst442

I know Xmas Trees are grown for the specific market, but I wish all would move to artificial trees with the pine cent heater so you use a little oil and enjoy it then store it for next year. Amazing how many trees are at the curb already. Sad all the green house gas those trees store when alive.

URGENT REQUEST!!

Anyone got a good home remedy for night cough?

It's bad, I'm find during the day, turn in to bed and the all neighbors are awake.

I mean not like a powerful cure or anything, I just don't have time to go to the doc and my cough is annoying because I feel like pulling my throat out at times....

Anything to just make it bearable, so my body'll take care of the rest in the next few days. I do not want to wake up at 5:30 am leaving for work/school in the weekdays raging over a stupid cough.

and it stacks with my permanent insomnia - good way to experience Mars time. Like for the last week, I have been getting to sleep about 30 to 40 minutes after the time day-over-day. 

Department of Bad Personal Decisions: I quit watching the Steelers game after that pick with 90 seconds to go.

I just saw the highlights. Gobsmacked, for many reasons.

The amount of failure from the Bengals was epic, for many reasons. They had several opportunities to ice the game away as soon as they picked off the Steelers, but all they did was choke.

It was unbelievably bad, and undisciplined. I get that the Steelers had a pretty sketchy hit as well but it was legal.

I hope you're not talking about this hit.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/09/giovani-bernard-hard-hit-steelers-bengals-video

Leading with the crown of your helmet is not legal. This didn't get called as it was a RB not a WR but it was still a penalty that was not called and as dirty(dirtier - IMO) of a hit as the Burfict play. Burfict didn't lead with his helmet to hit Brown.

It was WAAAAAAY more shoulder than helmet. I don't think Burfict's helmet actually made contact with Brown. Okay, looking at replays it's super tough to tell but he didn't lower the crown of his helmet into Brown, dirty, yes. I still don't think it is AS dirty as the hit on Bernard. That's just my opinion on it though. 

59EE5B6D-C98F-4918-8091-6F780C600420_zps

You can see that if there was helmet to helmet contact it was a scrape and not a crown of the helmet to the receiver. It was nearly all shoulder that did the damage, still illegal. I just want to clarify that I know it is an illegal hit but I think the other play was actually dirtier. 

It was WAAAAAAY more shoulder than helmet. I don't think Burfict's helmet actually made contact with Brown. Okay, looking at replays it's super tough to tell but he didn't lower the crown of his helmet into Brown, dirty, yes. I still don't think it is AS dirty as the hit on Bernard. That's just my opinion on it though. 

59EE5B6D-C98F-4918-8091-6F780C600420_zps

You can see that if there was helmet to helmet contact it was a scrape and not a crown of the helmet to the receiver. It was nearly all shoulder that did the damage, still illegal. I just want to clarify that I know it is an illegal hit but I think the other play was actually dirtier. 

I am going to disagree with you on that. I saw that replay over and over and Brown's head went sideways from that helmet hit. It's not even debatable and the penalty was more than valid for that very reason. Burfict has a history of dirty hits so this is not without precedence. Honestly, between that, what Pacman Jones did, and what the Bengals fans did when Ben got hurt, I'm glad they lost. Simply classless actions all the way around.

Edited by surreal1272

Look at that picture, you can clearly see they are staggered.  It is very much debatable unless you have a picture that shows the helmet to helmet contact, which, I'm not saying didn't happen. I'm saying the serious blow to the head came from his shoulder. 

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=15272432

The link on that page has it slowed down..somewhat.. Not as much as I'd like but I'm having a tough time finding one really slowed down. 

Look at that picture, you can clearly see they are staggered.  It is very much debatable unless you have a picture that shows the helmet to helmet contact, which, I'm not saying didn't happen. I'm saying the serious blow to the head came from his shoulder. 

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=15272432

The link on that page has it slowed down..somewhat.. Not as much as I'd like but I'm having a tough time finding one really slowed down. 

And I'm saying you are wrong. His helmet hit Brown's helmet while his shoulder did the rest. There are multiple angles that show this. Again, Burfict has a history of late hits and dirty hits. That is all because I'm not going to argue over it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/as-a-repeat-offender-vontaze-burfict-may-face-a-suspension/

Edited by surreal1272

Yes, I know he isn't the cleanest player in the league. I acknowledged that already, nor was the hit. And unless you show something that is more clear than the picture and slow motion video showing the majority of the blow was shoulder to Brown's head then you're wrong...

Show some clearer proof of helmet to helmet. Seriously, I'm not trying to be a dick. I just don't see the helmet to helmet hit. 

If I'm missing something I'll say you're right but just saying I am wrong isn't proof that he hit him with the crown of his helmet like the Ryan Shazier hit. 

I did not see the hit. Im off of the NFL until the Superbowl comes along.

And NO, it aint because of the commercials... :fiery:

I HAVE ALWAYS WATCHED THE SUPERBOWL FOR THE GAME!!!

Besides, the commercials have been shyte the last decade or so!

Anyhoo, I wish I could have seen the hit (I know, I know. I could see it...internet is our good friend...my bestest friend IS youtube afterall... :AH-HA: )

What I wanted to say is that Im glad that the NHL so far this season has been clean. Nothing scandalous with how the players have bodychecked each other...so far that is...

That is of course nothing scandalous happened during the time I took off from watching the NHL too...Im not aware of anything...

Yeah..CCAP...I quit on our Dallas Cowboys early...I usually dont do that, but I couldnt stomach it this year. The Bruins were also crap, so I couldnt bare BOTH of my teams losing.

PS: Not that I have high hopes for the Bruins either. Im suprised that they win as much as they do...

Yes, I know he isn't the cleanest player in the league. I acknowledged that already, nor was the hit. And unless you show something that is more clear than the picture and slow motion video showing the majority of the blow was shoulder to Brown's head then you're wrong...

Show some clearer proof of helmet to helmet. Seriously, I'm not trying to be a dick. I just don't see the helmet to helmet hit. 

If I'm missing something I'll say you're right but just saying I am wrong isn't proof that he hit him with the crown of his helmet like the Ryan Shazier hit. 

Good lord man. Go to ESPN.com. They show three different angles of that hit and on top of that, they have Brown under concussion protocol. That sure wasn't from a shoulder pad hit either. Apparently the NFL saw the same thing so this discussion is now officially moot.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14550673/vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-suspended-3-games-repeated-safety-violations

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

Dude... that commercial.

The feels man, they good. I like how they actually give a nod to Chevy, Ford and Dodge.

Right?!?! I saw it last night during the college football championship game and was literally just impressed, all around. Gave props for the D3 leading the way and all. I know it is all just marketing but this made me want the truck to be a little more successful now.

• Agree 1

Dude... that commercial.

The feels man, they good. I like how they actually give a nod to Chevy, Ford and Dodge.

Right?!?! I saw it last night during the college football championship game and was literally just impressed, all around. Gave props for the D3 leading the way and all. I know it is all just marketing but this made me want the truck to be a little more successful now.

The head of Nissan's truck program is from RAM, so he must have had a hand in creating the right image for it.

I think that kind of 'very honest' truck marketing communications is something that works really well here, just like Ram.

I thought this was actually a very awesome commercial by Nissan. Props to them.

WOW, I would never buy anything but American but I have to give props to the Marketing team at Nissan, That commercial Rocks.